Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Quote from: runing;932737
Passionate maybe classless never.

That ref should go back to kiddies footy

Go Barca!!!!

Yelling 'Fucking disgrace!!!!' into TV cameras while you're a wide eyed loon wearing jandals and making threatening gestures like a drunken holiday-maker to the ref is pretty classless imo.

Reply #50 Posted: May 08, 2009, 08:05:59 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Wandarah;932688
Chelsea knocked out, hurrah!

Still one of the worst ref performances I've ever seen, at least 3 stone cold penalties - and the pyschotic reaction of Drogba and Co after the game was typical of those bunch of classless twats.

Great game!

Get in Henry!

It was a total disgrace by the ref! I was a 50/50 neutral for the Chelski Barca match, but Chelsea were 100% hard done by, even the Barca players had a massive go at the ref at half time.

Quote from: Wandarah;933044
Yelling 'Fucking disgrace!!!!' into TV cameras while you're a wide eyed loon wearing jandals and making threatening gestures like a drunken holiday-maker to the ref is pretty classless imo.

You must admit, when Drogba turned around - just before he swore at the camera, the camera angle looked pretty cool.

However, I think Barca v Mancs is the best possible outcome for the grandfinal out of the remaining 4, followed by Chelsea V Arsenal.

Simply because for one, it isn't just two English teams, which would end up being similar to the FA cup, or the EPL. Also, Barca is an extremely strong team, and at the moment, Man U are pretty well dominating the EPL, so I think it would have been safe to have bet on Man U winning if they played Chelsea, and to be honest, I don't think Arsenal really had a chance considering our current form and field.

I am only afraid as I think it is quite a possibility that we/Arsenal could lose names such as Fabregas, Adebayor, Van Persie, or even the real young players, who have large potential to become something big in the next 1-5 years. We don't need to lose players, we need to train them all up, including the currently out of form top guns, such as the ones whom I mentioned earlier.

The thing that annoys me the most about Arsenal at the moment, is it seems as though the team just does not co-operate too well, if you Youtube search names such as Eduardo, Van Persie, Fabregas, Nasri, Rosicky (sure it's not his fault that he isn't playing at the mo), they all have pages and pages of videos outlining their best, and of course their worst, and looking at those videos shows how awesome they can be, but they are massively under performing at the moment. Which annoys me greatly.
In the game against Man U, Adebayor did not have one shot! RVP only had one or two, even Bendtner and Vela both racked up more goals each than RVP and Ade had combined, which is disgraceful.

I do still believe in Arsene, but I think if by the end of next season, if we are not title contenders, or at least contending for any form of trophy, then he and the whole team should re-consider their management team.

Reply #51 Posted: May 09, 2009, 12:57:54 am

Offline Cake

• Just settled in
  • Cake has no influence.
lol @ the supporters on the news 2day saying theyre gonna hunt done and murder the Norwegian ref. sorry pack of pricks !!

Reply #52 Posted: May 09, 2009, 01:39:00 am
chocolate carrot

:Shifty:

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Chelsea 4 - Arsenal 1

You beauty :rnr::rnr::rnr::rnr::rnr:

LOL at all the neg rep. Harden up pussies

Reply #53 Posted: May 11, 2009, 07:37:27 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I was happy with how Arsenal played in the 4-1 defeat, we didn't give up until the final whistle had blown, we were just horrible at finishing, especially Walcott.

Now, onto the Champs League.

I'm going for Barcelona but I think it will be extremely difficult for them to win it.

I think if it goes to 1-1 by half time Barca will take it, but they have to score first.  However, I think the odds are definitely going Man U's way, and I think Man U can easily take it if they play as well as they have been.

Reply #54 Posted: May 27, 2009, 04:06:35 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Tommy Smyth needs to shut up.

Reply #55 Posted: May 28, 2009, 07:55:01 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
man in the first few minutes Man u looked superior

then Barca's first chance and eto'o goooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaalllll

Changed the whole game.

watched the first half at home watching the rest on justintv

edit: just checked back and 2-0 now hahahahhahahahahh

Reply #56 Posted: May 28, 2009, 08:21:41 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
Yep was a good game. Man they are strong through the mid field.

Good effort from man U tho and hats of to Sir Alex, another stella year.

Bring on the FA Cup!!  

GO CHELSEA

Reply #57 Posted: May 28, 2009, 09:24:24 am

Offline Aezra

• Devoted Member
  • Aezra has no influence.
Burra ftl :(

Reply #58 Posted: May 28, 2009, 09:46:19 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
yeah bl

southgate didnt have the resources he really wanted i suppose

Reply #59 Posted: May 28, 2009, 10:17:08 am

Offline Aezra

• Devoted Member
  • Aezra has no influence.
Yeah I guess so. I hope they keep him on tbh, see how he goes for another season. Shame guys like Alves didn't really fire like they should have and it sucked having Downing out for the last few matches too :(

Reply #60 Posted: May 28, 2009, 01:44:50 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Where's Cake - Sydney?

Reply #61 Posted: May 28, 2009, 03:05:57 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Gutted.....would have loved to watch them lift the european cup again, but hats off to barca, they totally outplayed United on the day, always next year

Reply #62 Posted: May 28, 2009, 05:06:44 pm

Offline Cake

• Just settled in
  • Cake has no influence.
on topic.
lmao at the poor manU supporters . your bubble anit that big

Quote from: TofuEater;941433
Where's Cake - Sydney?

wtf ? and who are u to me and why would I be in sydney ? explain please

Reply #63 Posted: May 29, 2009, 11:51:38 pm
chocolate carrot

:Shifty:

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I just chucked $300 on Chelsea for tonight. :)

Odds are heaps low at $1.67 but oh well, I am almost 100% confident that they will win.

Reply #64 Posted: May 30, 2009, 02:34:55 pm

Offline Dr Strange

• Just settled in
  • Dr Strange has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;940893
I was happy with how Arsenal played in the 4-1 defeat, we didn't give up until the final whistle had blown, we were just horrible at finishing, especially Walcott.

Oh sweet, which one were you?

Reply #65 Posted: May 30, 2009, 05:43:01 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Dr Strange;942188
Oh sweet, which one were you?

Most people call me Arshavin, but I prefer to be called Andrei.

Not sure about you nub Kiwi's, but in Australia at least, we consider supporters to be the extra player, as a team playing at their home stadium with full crowd support/ cheering often gives the home team that little bit more of an edge over the other team.

Reply #66 Posted: May 30, 2009, 09:11:07 pm

Offline Dr Strange

• Just settled in
  • Dr Strange has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;942242
Most people call me Arshavin, but I prefer to be called Andrei.

Not sure about you nub Kiwi's, but in Australia at least, we consider supporters to be the extra player, as a team playing at their home stadium with full crowd support/ cheering often gives the home team that little bit more of an edge over the other team.

Oh right, Australian, Arsenal, two English players, we, thanks for clearing that up.  Got it now.

Reply #67 Posted: May 30, 2009, 11:07:44 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Dr Strange;942292
Oh right, Australian, Arsenal, two English players, we, thanks for clearing that up.  Got it now.

Wut?

Reply #68 Posted: May 30, 2009, 11:18:05 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Hells yea mother fuckers, I just won $240!!!

Reply #69 Posted: May 31, 2009, 05:23:12 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
did anyone watch the warm up match between NZ and Italy this morning? it sounded like a good game.

Spoiler :
final score was 4-3 to Italy

is hte confed cup being showning on tvnz? or does anyone know of a website where i can watch a webcast of hte games?

Reply #70 Posted: June 11, 2009, 08:54:32 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
yeah i was shocked when the were 2-1 up h/t

gg i reckon, i was expecting a beating

as for the spain game, well if spain play their top team we may struggle but you never know

Reply #71 Posted: June 11, 2009, 09:10:08 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
Amazing result.

I started watching just before half time, when the radio told me we were winning. GG

Reply #72 Posted: June 11, 2009, 10:43:52 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
i hope players like smeltz do well at this tournament

I reckon he wouldnt do to bad in say the EPL

Reply #73 Posted: June 11, 2009, 12:29:28 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: maorifulla;946971
i hope players like smeltz do well at this tournament

I reckon he wouldnt do to bad in say the EPL

Theres a few Kiwis on the EPL isn't there? I remember maybe there was one in Hull in 08/09?

Reply #74 Posted: June 11, 2009, 12:59:33 pm