Topic: What did you do to your vehicle today?

Codex

Curious to see what people are up to with their rides :>

Myself: Rewired and actually soldered my cabling in for stereo as it was too loose (burnt myself too, fuuuuu.) Wired in a new switch to keep my antenna down when not actually needed:
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1160/switchbo.jpg
What did you do to your vehicle today?

Also removed roof lining to try and find a leak, turns out I have to replace my front sunroof due to a massive rust infestation lifting it up -_- this is the good side:
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3100/rustw.jpg
What did you do to your vehicle today?

the hinged side has mountains of rust forcing it up -_-

Posted: February 20, 2011, 12:29:08 am

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
I'm in the process of changing my interior colour scheme. So far all i've done is had my roof lining changed from white to black and got my windows tinted to 18%. I've also painted my A, B and C pillars black as well as the reading lights and main console lights and the hooks/handles attached to the roof. Next job is retrim for the seats as well as a new set of 20" rims to replace my current ones because cleaning chrome is long task.

Also, anyone know of people lowering a ba/bf falcon thats running on 20s? I get a little bit of tyre rubbing at full lock, just want to know how much worse it will get if i lower the car a bit.

Reply #1 Posted: February 20, 2011, 12:56:46 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Shouldn't your antenna turn on be controlled by your stereo?

Reply #2 Posted: February 20, 2011, 10:04:02 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: toofast;1361707

Yes. Hence putting in a switch to keep it down.

Reply #3 Posted: February 20, 2011, 10:35:09 am

Codex

Quote from: DDM;1361682
I'm in the process of changing my interior colour scheme. So far all i've done is had my roof lining changed from white to black and got my windows tinted to 18%. I've also painted my A, B and C pillars black as well as the reading lights and main console lights and the hooks/handles attached to the roof. Next job is retrim for the seats as well as a new set of 20" rims to replace my current ones because cleaning chrome is long task.

Also, anyone know of people lowering a ba/bf falcon thats running on 20s? I get a little bit of tyre rubbing at full lock, just want to know how much worse it will get if i lower the car a bit.
I suppose in that situation you would want to lower the kit instead of the car?

Post some photos :>
Quote from: toofast;1361707
Yeah but there is no option on the stereo to keep it down (sony unit.) Also the unit keeps it up even in bluetooth and aux modes. You don't even need it up to get a clear signal 99% of the time.

Quote from: RetardoBot;1361718
Yes. Hence putting in a switch to keep it down.
xoxo

Reply #4 Posted: February 20, 2011, 10:44:37 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I put petrol in my car today, and topped up the oil.

Reply #5 Posted: February 20, 2011, 10:48:16 am

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
I'm going to change my throttle body to a bigger, manual one.

Reply #6 Posted: February 20, 2011, 11:18:08 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Having had a car with a sunroof, I never will again. Leak magnets!

I'm going to sponge bathe my car today.

Reply #7 Posted: February 20, 2011, 11:38:57 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Probably not the best weather to wash your car in unless you plan to dry it manually.

Reply #8 Posted: February 20, 2011, 11:45:58 am

Codex

huh? sunny down here

Reply #9 Posted: February 20, 2011, 11:57:26 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Codex;1361742
huh? sunny down here

Sunny here too. Water droplets left on the car when it's sunny act as little magnifiers and can burn your paint job. Also, as the water evaporates in the heat, it leaves behind the minerals and makes yummy stains.

Reply #10 Posted: February 20, 2011, 12:14:09 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Who doesn't dry their car after washing it?

Reply #11 Posted: February 20, 2011, 12:26:34 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Most people I know. I don't think I have come across anyone who will go over the car drying it by hand.

Reply #12 Posted: February 20, 2011, 12:41:28 pm

Obble

Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1361732
Having had a car with a sunroof, I never will again. Leak magnets!

I'm going to sponge bathe my car today.

Have you tried closing the sunroof?

Reply #13 Posted: February 20, 2011, 01:01:31 pm

Offline Donkey

• Addicted
  • Donkey has no influence.
Yesterday I changed my oil and hacked up my front guard liners so my new wheels will fit properly. Today I'm going to change my rear brake pads.

edit; 4 of the 6 cars I've owned hav had a sunroof, never had any rust issues.

Reply #14 Posted: February 20, 2011, 01:11:40 pm

Offline mattnz

I've got a sunroof with a bit of rust :/

Reply #15 Posted: February 20, 2011, 02:18:09 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1361737
Probably not the best weather to wash your car in unless you plan to dry it manually.

Yep, I always hand wash and hand dry....bucket, sponge: ready.
 Silicon car dryer and microfibre towel: Ready.

Also, as there is a bit of a breeze, if I don't dry it, dust will blow on and stick more easily....

Reply #16 Posted: February 20, 2011, 02:22:40 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Codex

Quote from: RetardoBot;1361749
Most people I know. I don't think I have come across anyone who will go over the car drying it by hand.
I'll always hand dry too.

Quote from: matt88nz;1361762
I've got a sunroof with a bit of rust :/
:/ sucks bro, is it early enough that you can unbolt it and treat it? Mines past the point of return :<

Reply #17 Posted: February 20, 2011, 04:46:05 pm

Offline BerG.

• Just settled in
  • BerG. has no influence.
Some people don't hand dry their cars!?

Tomorrow I need to change my tie rod ends. Exciting pics to come!

Reply #18 Posted: February 20, 2011, 06:57:56 pm
Somewhere, somehow, someone\'s going to pay (for making avatars smaller)

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG.;1361803
Some people don't hand dry their cars!?

Not while it's raining.

Reply #19 Posted: February 20, 2011, 07:21:09 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Taking the fairing off my XJ but its being a beotch!

Reply #20 Posted: February 20, 2011, 11:02:56 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
I hate when Fairies wont get off my car.

Reply #21 Posted: February 21, 2011, 08:00:54 am

Every time someone says they don't believe in fairies, a fairy dies...

Reply #22 Posted: February 21, 2011, 08:31:42 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
But not Th3Fairy surely!

Reply #23 Posted: February 21, 2011, 08:54:40 am

Offline han16

• Addicted
  • han16 has no influence.
Gained carpal tunnel while attempting to remove the haze from my Soarer's headlights, does look somewhat marginally better however.

Reply #24 Posted: February 21, 2011, 05:45:54 pm
Reverse Jihad Tank Extraordinaire