Topic: What grinds your gears?

Codex

I like how this place is now a small bar in the middle of a desert, kinda like the ol' west

Reply #450 Posted: July 14, 2014, 02:18:53 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I hate entitled fuckwits.
"getting a passport is supposed to take less than 3 weeks, so it's the government's fault I've had to cancel my entire family's holiday that we've had booked for 6 months because they didn't get my passport to me on time"
WHY ARE YOU GETTING A PASSPORT _AFTER_ BOOKING YOUR HOLIDAY!?

Basically just morons.

You should have said,

"In that case, can I go on the holiday instead?"

Reply #451 Posted: July 14, 2014, 02:31:50 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I like how this place is now a small bar in the middle of a desert, kinda like the ol' west

It's like an old style western saloon.

But with less prostitutes.
Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:42:13 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #452 Posted: July 14, 2014, 02:37:24 pm

Codex

It's like an old style western saloon.

But with less prostitutes.
That's the word I was looking for haha

Reply #453 Posted: July 14, 2014, 02:54:41 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Maybe it's the fact we live in New Zealand, and are a bit more forward thinking and carefree, but why am I supposed to give a shit about the worst kept secret of Ian Thorpe's life in that he's gay. I get that it's a big thing for him, but why does the media have to tell us all and make it a big thing... Are we seriously now giving two fucks about people's sexuality...?

So what grinds my gears? The fact that we think 'news' is someone coming out publicly about their sexuality. No fucks are given. I like boobs and vaginas, Craigor likes dick - whoopdieshit.

Reply #454 Posted: July 14, 2014, 03:55:16 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
It's pretty much in line with everything else they publish/broadcast as 'news' lol

Reply #455 Posted: July 14, 2014, 04:39:42 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Over here the news consists of this 'impromptu' thing that some celebrity agreed to do last night on America's late show.
It was amazing that they didn't mind at all...

BECAUSE IT'S ENTIRELY FUCKING SCRIPTED YOU DAFT CUNTS

Reply #456 Posted: July 15, 2014, 07:26:01 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
HAVING TO WORK ON A PIECE OF SHIT MAC. I don't mind Mac's so much but when the 'big' boss doesn't want to spend money, and I'm stuck with having to use all flavours of Adobe on a machine that only has 4GB of RAM, shit gets old fast.

Not to mention, that if this machine goes down, there's no back up. My local back-up died and 'big' boss doesn't want to shell out for a new storage solution.

ALL SMILES OVER HERE, CUNTS.

Reply #457 Posted: July 15, 2014, 10:13:43 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Indecisive message box popups.

"Are you sure you want to refresh content for this deployment type?
Refreshing content will create a new revision of this application and may cause clients to be updated."

May.. !? You will either:
- re-install the application on thousands of machines causing a mass outage.
- just update the content on the server so new installations get a pretty new setting, and current ones stay the same

WHICH ONE IS IT?!

Reply #458 Posted: July 18, 2014, 03:49:27 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Indecisive message box popups.

"Are you sure you want to refresh content for this deployment type?
Refreshing content will create a new revision of this application and may cause clients to be updated."

May.. !? You will either:
- re-install the application on thousands of machines causing a mass outage.
- just update the content on the server so new installations get a pretty new setting, and current ones stay the same

WHICH ONE IS IT?!

May is valid. It depends on the settings in the advertisement (or deployment in 2012 speak).

Reply #459 Posted: July 18, 2014, 06:09:12 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
When food packaging has '5 easy steps'

1) heat 2 table spoons of oil in pan, add 500g of diced chicken.

THAT'S THREE STEPS FUCKERS

1) dice chicken
2) heat oil in pan
3) add chicken

Reply #460 Posted: July 18, 2014, 10:54:36 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
It should be one easy step:

1) Make food.

Reply #461 Posted: July 18, 2014, 11:55:43 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

1) Make food.

I may have put my manliness into question by suggesting that I follow instructions from the pack.

I just want to reaffirm that this is not the case; the instructions were read after the fact for my own amusement, and then apparent frustration.

Reply #462 Posted: July 19, 2014, 12:44:54 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Javascript
It has infected almost every website in existence. A faulty script grinds site loading to a halt. News websites run pointless javascript and Blackboard (for those who know what Blackboard is) runs an infinitely running, uncomputable script

Reply #463 Posted: July 29, 2014, 11:05:51 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I don't mind a bit of JS, but it fucks me off to no end when it's used callously, do do shit one could achieve with CSS if they'd just not be lazy as shit and maybe improved their design skills too (if required).

I also hate it how it's so prolific in tracking and fucking your anus and fiddling with your naughty bits like a catholic priest but in a way you mostly don't notice... but makes a page take up 100% of your cpu resources and 80% of your memory... just because some fuckwit yank firm wants more dosh out of you by supplying you 'free' goods (regurgitated rubbish) while selling your info and/or fingerprint to the highest bidder.

Fuck you, fuck you all, you ruined the internets. Fuck'n 'mur'ka. Capitalist wankers, shoulda just let communism win.
NEWS FLASH: IT'S NOT FREEDOM IF YOU'RE IMPOSING IT ON PEOPLE

Reply #464 Posted: July 29, 2014, 11:16:44 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
I used to have Javascript, but then I discovered it's actually a really neat language, mostly because of it's prototypal origins. I have adopted it so much so, that internal scripting in my applications leverages Javascript :)

The only reason why it's so prolifically haved, is because of the shear number of people that interact with it daily. There are terrible Javascript dev's, just as there as terrible C dev's, just not many people see a direct impact when all they want to do is load their favourite pr0n site.

Reply #465 Posted: July 29, 2014, 05:14:04 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
  • Oddball has no influence.

1) Make food.

I may have put my manliness into question by suggesting that I follow instructions from the pack.

I just want to reaffirm that this is not the case; the instructions were read after the fact for my own amusement, and then apparent frustration.

They have instructions on the pack? Fucking pussy

Reply #466 Posted: July 29, 2014, 05:16:25 pm
A testament to my ICONZ Legacy: http://i.imgur.com/z1qGsZ3.png
Retired warden of the getsome concentration camp for stupid people.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
all the facebook
Finally found out why I was banned from Facebook
Get rid of it. It is a cancer

Facebook Fraud

The Problem With Facebook

55. Delete Facebook- 99 Days Of Freedom
p.s considering starting a new Facebook

Reply #467 Posted: August 02, 2014, 09:26:04 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
I am so close to deleting my facebook account, I just hardly use it anymore.

Reply #468 Posted: August 02, 2014, 05:21:45 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
I am so close to deleting my facebook account, I just hardly use it anymore.

November.

Once I stop organizing uni shit with classmates, it's gone!

Reply #469 Posted: August 02, 2014, 08:15:56 pm

Offline Pyromanik

The trouble with facebook is that it's pretty much the modern equivalent of MSN Messenger.
It's not necessarially that people want to or enjoy using it, it's that everyone else does.

Like Bounty Hunter said, try organising an event involving 20 somethings without it.
Just like when I was young, MSN was used because that's what all the girls used.

It's a tool that's abused more than it's used I guess. Keep in touch with friends and family far away? Nah, sign in, get dozens of feel good messages put on landscape photos, a couple of political activitim type images telling us what we already know (that politics is all shit) and then about 40 pictures of babies that you don't really care about.

There isn't all that much 'keeping in touch'.

Reply #470 Posted: August 03, 2014, 08:12:57 am

Last ten facebook posts on my feed.

1. Uni mate of mine announcing new baby.

2. Friend saying he bought a restaurant

3. Rii blabbing on about god know what.

4. Someone asking about what to do in Invercargill. (Answer was 'Leave')

5. Someone talking about baby shoes

6. Disturbing picture of Patrick Stewart

7. Video of dogs running around

8. Photo of someone dressed up as Gandalf

9. Bacon!

10. Pictures of cats.

I think Facebook is being used perfectly.

Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 09:51:56 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #471 Posted: August 03, 2014, 09:38:59 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
I suppose you get what you click on, (and in this case its peanuts) but really, the text looks like it's be badly translated by an online translator and who in their right mind calls the RAF the British Air Force FFS?

http://omgmoments.org/misc/top-10-countries-having-strongest-air-force.html

I can only presume that  Jacky Fernandez is a non-De-plume for Xiang Wong!

Reply #472 Posted: August 03, 2014, 10:38:34 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Expected some Charlie Brown and Snoopy... but all I got was some wank faffing off about a load of shit over TEN PAGES at an average of a paragraph per page amounting to 'they got jets yo'.

Fuck'n hate split articles.

...and not a single mention of the dog that brought down the red baron!
Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:42:00 am by Pyromanik

Reply #473 Posted: August 04, 2014, 04:39:33 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!

6. Disturbing picture of Patrick Stewart

Disturbing...... or majestic?

Reply #474 Posted: August 04, 2014, 07:53:16 am

lol @ console hate