Topic: I'm disappointed

Offline sandwhip

• I Posted!
  • sandwhip has no influence.
recently (today), I started up tf2 and looked for a server. Spotted a getsome server and attempted to join, but got this instead.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=538986631

I understand why this would be applied to tradetf, maybe even backpacktf names. But to be honest, hardly any users apart from rafflers or frequent chatters put ScrapTF in their names, so i'm not quite sure why it would be necessary (apart from advertisement?) . I'm currently a moderator of scrap.tf, so I pretty much have to put scrap.tf in my name, and would appreciate being able to play on your servers again.

Posted: October 21, 2015, 07:55:14 pm

Offline Suca

• Game Server Admin
  • Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.
One quick point from the rules

Links
NO Links of any form in your name, global or team chat, this applies to advertising other servers and websites. "oops" is not an excuse. If you have been warned before, and do it again, you may be kicked/banned with no warnings. 

Remove it from your name and rejoin and you won't be autokicked.

Reply #1 Posted: October 21, 2015, 08:28:57 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
you will be surprised at how many users connect with blah.tf in their names, its not just scrap.tf. .com is also a common and is actually a group that started from getsome. they have also been affected by this rule.
and yes we know scraptf is not a link, but we know what it stands for, there's no point trying to pull the wool.

We like people to use the GS tag in their names, but we do not enforce it on our admins/mods, any website that you or anyone for that matter, may moderate on, should never have these as a rule to have in your name.

feel free to have geel discuss this with courpse or myself if you think you are hard done by, but rules are rules I'm afraid.

Reply #2 Posted: October 21, 2015, 09:34:39 pm