Topic: Megaupload shitdown

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Makes us just look like the worlds stupidest lapdog.
Go Kim!

Reply #300 Posted: April 23, 2012, 05:14:27 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Wow.

That makes our law enforcement look hugely incompetent.

Reply #301 Posted: April 24, 2012, 09:22:22 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot.;1481966
Wow.

That makes our law enforcement look hugely incompetent.

what do you mean 'look' Incompetent?

The only reason it 'looks' incompetent is because it IS incompetent....

Reply #302 Posted: April 24, 2012, 11:41:01 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Because NZ law enforcement isn't always incompetent. I didn't want to say "this shows our police force to BE incompetent". Because on a whole, they're not. I assume this was due to some desk dick who made a bad call, not the enforcement as a collective, which is why this makes them LOOK incompetent.

Reply #303 Posted: April 24, 2012, 01:56:20 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
It was a joint operation with the fbi wasn't it? Something was bound to get fucked up

Reply #304 Posted: April 24, 2012, 02:04:18 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Our government giving reach arounds to the american government, again and it gets us here.

Reply #305 Posted: April 24, 2012, 06:15:19 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Extradition treaty and co operation can be very beneficial between countries in some cases but each case must be examined on its merits ,not just a lay down mazier as the authorities seemed to think this one was.

Reply #306 Posted: April 24, 2012, 06:32:05 pm

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
Quote from: Daddy Clin;1475981
https://www.seed.st/

$2.50 per week on the lowest plan, rapes NZ speeds and no cap. Then you FTP what you need, no U/L. And since it happens offshore you essentially dodge the retarded piracy legislation. 95% of direct downloads make you feel like you're going to catch the computer clap.

saw this post a couple days ago and decided to have a look

its AWESOME, recommend to everyone !

cheers Clin

Reply #307 Posted: April 24, 2012, 06:38:14 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot.;1481988
Because NZ law enforcement isn't always incompetent. I didn't want to say "this shows our police force to BE incompetent". Because on a whole, they're not. I assume this was due to some desk dick who made a bad call, not the enforcement as a collective, which is why this makes them LOOK incompetent.

let me Clarify my statement:

It is the Desk Dicks that make the bad calls which make the Law Enforcement incompetent....

Reply #308 Posted: April 26, 2012, 08:18:26 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Had a chat with an IT friend on Tuesday night.

He refuses to pay for any downloading service, not because he's some gypsy who wont pay for anything, but because the instant you use your credit card, your name is on their list as a paying customer.

With talks of going after those who used MU's services, it holds some weight.

EDIT: @ TDL. Yeah, you do that - seems to be your MO.

Reply #309 Posted: April 26, 2012, 08:41:13 am

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
Quote from: Retardobot.;1482319
He refuses to pay for any downloading service, not because he's some gypsy who wont pay for anything, but because the instant you use your credit card, your name is on their list as a paying customer.

yet there are some very easy ways to get around this problem....

Reply #310 Posted: April 26, 2012, 06:58:08 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

One of which is to use a prezzy card, yeah, I know. It was just an angle I had never taken into account.

Reply #311 Posted: April 26, 2012, 07:08:06 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
That never occurred to you?
Just like downloading anything from their servers. IP is on access logs. Like it or not. No two ways about it.

Reply #312 Posted: April 27, 2012, 11:16:26 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Pyromanik;1482714
That never occurred to you?
Just like downloading anything from their servers. IP is on access logs. Like it or not. No two ways about it.

No, it didn't ever occur to me.

I guess I had a little bit of faith in my government that they would show some backbone when some offshore power-squad came knocking.

Reply #313 Posted: April 28, 2012, 10:25:48 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: pyro;1463129
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16642369

Didn't realize the founder Kim Dotcom, formerly known as Kim Schmitz was actually living here in NZ and was the one who purchased the old Crisco mansion(largest house in nz).

Site was shutdown earlier today and his house was raided by police seizing evidence. Kim Dotcom reportedly made $52million in 2010 from his file sharing sites alone.

Surprised nothing was posted about this already.

*Edit Title was meant to say shutdown, must of been a typo.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/6833411/Banks-Dotcom-call-to-Williamson-made-as-a-citizen
John Banks has admitted calling Land Information Minister Maurice Williamson to lobby for internet tycoon Kim Dotcom, but says he didn't do anything wrong.

I am pretty sure that anything John Banks supports is bad.

Reply #314 Posted: May 01, 2012, 03:09:15 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Stupidest way ever a politician has side stepped a question

http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Hes-a-married-man---John-Banks/tabid/721/articleID/27687/Default.aspx

Fuck Banks is a cock.How stupid does he think people are?

Reply #315 Posted: May 01, 2012, 03:30:04 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: kilabee;1483380
Stupidest way ever a politician has side stepped a question

http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Hes-a-married-man---John-Banks/tabid/721/articleID/27687/Default.aspx

Fuck Banks is a cock.How stupid does he think people are?

He thinks everyone is as stupid as he is.

I wouldn't care if Dotcom is a married man, he's rich.
Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:22:11 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #316 Posted: May 02, 2012, 08:20:06 am

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
I don't care too much about Dotcom but this made me lol, well played sir.

Reply #317 Posted: May 07, 2012, 08:59:41 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I am surprised at the amount of internets that link to Megaupload.

Reply #318 Posted: May 24, 2012, 06:40:13 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1487037
I am surprised at the amount of internets that link to Megaupload.

Needs more Eagles IMO

Reply #319 Posted: May 24, 2012, 07:03:19 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
US District court.
NOT IN A US DISTRICT.

Reply #320 Posted: May 24, 2012, 08:08:47 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1487059
US District court.
NOT IN A US DISTRICT.

Where is it then?

Reply #321 Posted: May 25, 2012, 11:30:09 am

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...

Reply #322 Posted: June 28, 2012, 05:22:17 pm

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
  • ArtanisNZ has no influence.
Anyone else starting to think that Kimdotcom is going to end up some sort of modern foke hero sticking it to the big bad USA, personally I hoping the NZ Justice system works in his case and tells the USA/DOJ to go take a flying leap.

Reply #323 Posted: June 28, 2012, 05:48:23 pm

Offline Equity

• Addicted
  • Equity has no influence.
I feel real sorry for him, the more I see of him on the news etc the more I like him.

Reply #324 Posted: June 28, 2012, 05:51:51 pm
"think c2w might be a little to hard core for my skills atm anyways"-Splatter