Topic: What are you or have you kickstarted/indiegogo'd?

Codex

^What is

Reply #25 Posted: May 26, 2014, 01:20:09 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
im guessing thats directed at me codex?

eco entertainment centre.  about 300-400k project to get it off the ground and running for the first 2 years, but it would/should of made back within 5 years.
i havent even seen the idea created in the world. but im my mind its gold. id love to tell all but then someone could steal it :p

Reply #26 Posted: May 26, 2014, 02:02:43 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
The Website GoFundMe allows people to support individuals and groups for any reason big and small.

There are some surprising requests like saving a skatepark or getting a family to a funeral. There are also some really sad ones, like a little girl attacked by pit bulls whose family insurance company refuses to pay some of the medical costs or a terminally ill man who wants to visit the Rocky Mountains one last time

Unfortunately there are no Trending campaigns near Invercargill, F8

Reply #27 Posted: June 16, 2014, 10:26:49 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Lol invers. Is that where you are at tiwak..?

Reply #28 Posted: June 16, 2014, 10:41:05 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
im guessing thats directed at me codex?

eco entertainment centre.  about 300-400k project to get it off the ground and running for the first 2 years, but it would/should of made back within 5 years.
i havent even seen the idea created in the world. but im my mind its gold. id love to tell all but then someone could steal it :p

What is a eco entertainment centre?

I promise I won't steal it.

Reply #29 Posted: June 17, 2014, 08:37:40 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
An entertainment Centre using some/mostly reusable products and powered by an internal micro hydro generation system.

Meaning itl be off grid family entertainment ;)

Reply #30 Posted: June 17, 2014, 11:49:25 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Yeah but, what do you mean by entertainment? It's a massively vague term.

Reply #31 Posted: June 17, 2014, 12:00:22 pm

Codex

Means you put your dick in it are you stupid or something isn't it obvious

Reply #32 Posted: June 17, 2014, 12:10:44 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Lol codex

Think about those lazer tag or mini golf places. Running old systems and not maintained.  And still suck you dry.

This would be a million times better .

I made a gofundme page lastnight.  Its a bit brief. But when I get back to my comp il be editing it to make it more attractive and put more information onto it.
Big ask really lol
http://www.gofundme.com/adpzmo
Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:35:59 pm by Gutty

Reply #33 Posted: June 17, 2014, 12:25:42 pm

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
ooohh so not a home entertainment centre with a waterwheel.

Reply #34 Posted: June 17, 2014, 01:53:22 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
You're taking the piss, right?

Reply #35 Posted: June 17, 2014, 02:06:12 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
So I went and fucking did it again (I think I have a problem)...

Liquidoff - Water Repellent
Just some repellent spray, but something I need, so fuck it, why not KS it...

HEXO+ - Autonomous Quadcopter
Quadcopter with gimbal that has follow technology in it for recording a subject. Primarily for sports or activities, but has manual flight mode also, so will work for me quite nicely with the videography & photography and the likes.

Earin - Tiny earbuds
I really just like the concept around these, and the simplicity of tiny earbuds. The technology and quality is also of interest, so I'll give them a back on that front.

SmartQuad - 4 port charger
Simple 4 port charger for all your devices, and compatibility for multiple 2.1A devices as well which I need for multiple iPads and other batteries.

NINJA Footwear
Microfiber shoes. Why not?

Backed 19 KS to date, and 1 Indiegogo.

Of those, I've received 4 of them... Christmas gonna be gooooood!

Reply #36 Posted: June 17, 2014, 02:26:39 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Why micro hydro generation?

Why not solar power? Or wind?

Not everybody has a river running past their mini golf course.

Reply #37 Posted: June 17, 2014, 02:49:17 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Omg a tv inside a water wheel sounds like a plan!!

Space,  solar yes.  But would only pay off if it is light enough. Wind no.
Both solar and wind would require consents.
The hydro plan is going to be quite different to most.
Google powerspout.

There would be 2 tanks of water. Using pumps to push it. Then itl be gravity fed to take it through rh the generators
Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:02:21 pm by Gutty

Reply #38 Posted: June 17, 2014, 03:00:26 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

And it's time for the weekly "RII SHITS ON YOUR DREAMS" post in this thread.

Liquid Off - "Self cleaning" is a lie. Self cleaning suggests that it cleans itself, it doesn't, it just prevents dirt from adhering to whatever surface the solution is applied to.

Ninja Trainer - They aren't trainers you dumbass dildos, they're hipster slippers.

Love you, Nimmo, put things in my butthole.

Reply #39 Posted: June 17, 2014, 03:19:27 pm

I still don't get it. It's limited by needing a water source.

Solar can of course feed into a battery, or back into the grid, and be used again when light levels are low.

What do you mean by consent? I'm pretty sure solar panels don't required consent.

Reply #40 Posted: June 17, 2014, 03:19:48 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
There would be 2 tanks of water. Using pumps to push it. Then itl be gravity fed to take it through rh the generators

Wait, so you're going to pump water into a top tank, then let it flow through a powerspout into the second tank, where the water is then pumped back into the top tank and the process is repeated?

Reply #41 Posted: June 17, 2014, 03:38:18 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Could look into solar. Some councils require consent due to eye sore situations. 

On the water source thing. It will be reticulated.  Plus rain water off the roof to replenish. And if required would get it from town supply.

Bounty,  pretty much but theres 2 big tanks between the bottom andthe top

Reply #42 Posted: June 17, 2014, 03:43:11 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
And it's time for the weekly "RII SHITS ON YOUR DREAMS" post in this thread.

I'd tune into that every week
http://www.gofundme.com/acrv3w
Hello fellow ocean and animal lovers. My name is Paige Nelson.  I have been an Onshore Volunteer with Sea Shepherd Conservation Society for two years. The time has come for me to personally take a stand to defend, conserve and protect our Whales and Dolphins

I have been accepted as a member of Sea Shepherd Operation Grindstop 2014. I must now go to the Faroe Islands and do my part to defend Pilot Whales and other small cetaceans

edit: I just noticed that GoFundMe popularity is directly linked to the number Facebook friends you have. This may be worth making another myFace
Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:08:13 pm by Tiwaking!

Reply #43 Posted: June 17, 2014, 04:05:59 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Bounty,  pretty much but theres 2 big tanks between the bottom andthe top

Based on what you've told me, and how I've interpreted it; what you've told me is that you essentially want to make a perpetual motion machine. Which is impossible.

If it takes 300W of energy to pump some volume of water into the top tank, then when the water is released and it flows through the generator (the powerspout) it will generate 300W minus a little bit due to resistances.

Resistances are things like: the turbulent flow of the water, the internal friction of the water, the friction of the water on the walls of the pipes and generator, the resistance of the wires in your generator (I think this would be the largest contributor), the friction of the bearings in the pump, plus a few more that I can't think of.

So you require 300W to pump the water up high and you get say 290W out of the generator....you're short by 10W.

No matter what you do that 10W is gone, it's gone into heat and it's now part of the universe. So you've got to find 10W from somewhere just to break even! you haven't even turned on a light yet!

Just to clarify, this is my understanding of what you have described, I may have misunderstood. All the numbers are arbitrary and for explanation only.

Reply #44 Posted: June 17, 2014, 04:17:27 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Thanks bounty.
I forgot to mention il be running more than one unit. Im thinking about a series of 4units times 3 sections.  What would your maths equal then?

I appreciate this feedback. Thx

Reply #45 Posted: June 17, 2014, 04:40:46 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Thanks bounty.
I forgot to mention il be running more than one unit. Im thinking about a series of 4units times 3 sections.  What would your maths equal then?

I appreciate this feedback. Thx

It doesn't matter how many sections you have, if it takes 300W to lift a certain amount of water into the top tank in one go, then for three stages it will take 100 + 100 + 100 = 300W.

So if I have two of my above system, then I have twice the loss, thus would need to find 20W instead of 10W.

If I have 7 systems, then it's 70W, if I have 100, then it's 1000W.

You may be able to make some slight improvements but what you're proposing is a nearly 400 year old idea that has been attempted many times. The principle of what you're proposing has been well documented and every single time the conclusion has been the same. Based on our current understanding of physics, perpetual motion is impossible.

Reply #46 Posted: June 17, 2014, 04:56:47 pm

I drew a diagram of the proposed solution.

Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:13:30 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #47 Posted: June 17, 2014, 05:11:19 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Reminds me a bit of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg

:( the youtube doesn't work for me

I once had a similar meeting where the accountant wanted me to inspect the inside of a piece of lead (using destructive methods). I tried many things but the lead would just smear.

He suggested I change the colour of the compound I was mounting the lead in.

Same guy also fast tracked three changes to an experiment, so now I had three unknown parameters instead of one.

He also purchased an adjustable spanner when a set of spanners was requested.

Back on track though!

That HEXO+ and the other one (dogquad or something) looks like a pretty cool guy! If it could do 280kph I'd buy it in a second.

Airdog: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/airdog/airdog-worlds-first-auto-follow-action-sports-dron
Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:31:43 pm by Bounty Hunter

Reply #48 Posted: June 17, 2014, 05:23:16 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Thanks. I know its been around for years. Lol my idea with the water and pump was something I figured could work. Obviously not.

Lol at that video. Crackin up

Reply #49 Posted: June 17, 2014, 07:10:51 pm