Topic: What are people getting some of ?

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
I am bored.
BF4 has lost its charm, hardline looks unappealing.
I am waiting for Elite:dangerous, and Star citizen (lol for years to come)
Played wolfenstein (yawn), men of war assault squad (lol i suck at that)
Want some multiplayer...

Posted: June 14, 2014, 11:57:41 am

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.
Diablo 3 and Steam Indie Games, generally co-op games that I team up with Xeno with and play through them.

Honeslty the new CoD looks better than BF Hardline, and that's a sad state of affairs

Reply #1 Posted: June 14, 2014, 12:22:56 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
BF4 had charm?

I recently played grid2 on a friends pc with an xbox controller. It was a lot more fun than I thought, and a lot better with a controller than a keyboard (which I normally use). Imma buy a controller and get the latest grid when it launches. Driving games are fun.

Reply #2 Posted: June 14, 2014, 12:24:32 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
TF2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #3 Posted: June 14, 2014, 12:43:52 pm

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
BF4 had charm?

I recently played grid2 on a friends pc with an xbox controller. It was a lot more fun than I thought, and a lot better with a controller than a keyboard (which I normally use). Imma buy a controller and get the latest grid when it launches. Driving games are fun.

waaaay more fun with xbox controller, have done the same thing, I should get around to finishing that game!

Reply #4 Posted: June 14, 2014, 01:00:27 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
BF4 had charm?

Eh, I liked grid better.

I hated the 'endurance' race mode in grid 2, where the track changes after each corner. That's not endurance racing, it's mental. It annoyed me because you had to compromise on the apex of the current corner to allow for any possibility of next corner. Rather than the predictability of an endurance race where you learn the circuit and can work on your line to shave time off your lap ultimately winning the race....like a normal endurance race.

Is it fun? yeah if you're 13 and just going to slam into the armco anyway, then replay it in slow motion from 15 different camera angles (except the cockpit camera).

After the 2nd 'endurance' race I uninstalled and deleted. I had a gut feeling there would be something like that which is why I borrowed-a-friends-copy before purchasing. I might grab it in the steam sale if it's silly cheap, it has split screen and I have 2x Xbox controllers for the girl and me to bond over, she's not going to care if endurance races are retarded.

Xbox controller for grid is awesome though, dirt 3 as well!

Reply #5 Posted: June 14, 2014, 02:02:40 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
@Bounty - I like the eundurance race mode, I'm not a fender bender and that mode allowed me to race something a bit more interesting than the same loop over and over again. You could tell where you were going somewhat with the minimap

What I don't like are the drift modes >.>

Reply #6 Posted: June 14, 2014, 02:31:23 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
@Bounty - I like the eundurance race mode, I'm not a fender bender and that mode allowed me to race something a bit more interesting than the same loop over and over again. You could tell where you were going somewhat with the minimap

The only time circulating the same circuit becomes boring is when you reach the singularity. Where you can break the lap record on every lap, and that is impossible. Until then there are always thousandths to shave off.

And that is why I loved doing 24 minutes of le man (speaking of which that's on....right now?) because I always worked on driving further each time.

Apparently the new grid is suppose to be more like the old grid, with cockpit view and everything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC8jFfM6FfA

Ok this looks amazing, on3 club?!?

Also confirms some of my issues with grid2, it was aimed at more of a casual group, whereas I enjoyed grid cause it filled the gap between need for speed/crash team racing and rfactor/GTR.

I'm actually ridiculously excited about autosport, sounds amaaaaaze!
Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:10:11 pm by Bounty Hunter

Reply #7 Posted: June 14, 2014, 02:58:10 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
I am bored.

My lawns need mowing, that'll keep you busy for a bit.

Reply #8 Posted: June 15, 2014, 04:26:51 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Tropico 4, Watchdogs, Banished, Black and White 2.

Reply #9 Posted: June 15, 2014, 03:57:42 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!

The only time circulating the same circuit becomes boring is when you reach the singularity. Where you can break the lap record on every lap, and that is impossible. Until then there are always thousandths to shave off.

And that is why I loved doing 24 minutes of le man (speaking of which that's on....right now?) because I always worked on driving further each time.

Apparently the new grid is suppose to be more like the old grid, with cockpit view and everything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC8jFfM6FfA

Ok this looks amazing, on3 club?!?

Also confirms some of my issues with grid2, it was aimed at more of a casual group, whereas I enjoyed grid cause it filled the gap between need for speed/crash team racing and rfactor/GTR.

I'm actually ridiculously excited about autosport, sounds amaaaaaze!

Keen, have been hooning Assetto Corsa lately with a G25 wheel.. really steep learning curve for a keyboard/controller guy haha.. But DAMN fun :)

Reply #10 Posted: June 18, 2014, 01:06:35 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Recently bought Divinity, Original Sin. It's a lot like Baldurs gate in RPG ness except battles are turn based / action points. It has massive crafting elements, and a lot of depth, quests / voice acting / story all well done.

Will keep me entertained anyway.

Reply #11 Posted: July 15, 2014, 07:38:48 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Grid Autosport. It's awesome with a controller.

I also picked up Assetto Corsa in the steam sale, it's super hard with a controller, so am thinking about buying a wheel.

Reply #12 Posted: July 15, 2014, 08:03:14 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Assetto Corsa definitely worth a wheel. I grabbed a $140 Driving Force GT for it, never looked back. Not even close to as good as a G27, but solid value for money if you are a bit unsure whether you wanna pursue it

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=14184

Reply #13 Posted: July 15, 2014, 10:01:12 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I hear you about BF Hardline looking less appealing - full price for essentially a BF4 mod....

I have preordered Eternal Crusade (Warhammer 40 K MMO), Looking at Star Citizen, Keep trying to convince myself to try Plants Vs Zombies - Garden Warfare

Reply #14 Posted: July 16, 2014, 09:10:00 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Assetto Corsa definitely worth a wheel. I grabbed a $140 Driving Force GT for it, never looked back. Not even close to as good as a G27, but solid value for money if you are a bit unsure whether you wanna pursue it

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=14184

There are a few G27's on trademe, most seem to go for around $280-$300, I might pick one up but I'm really not sure. If I do, I can see myself building a car seat thing for it and all sorts, and I'm not sure I want to be that balls deep into it.

Reply #15 Posted: July 16, 2014, 07:31:00 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Got G27, Assetto Corsa is way more fun with it.

Reply #16 Posted: July 26, 2014, 01:13:10 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
  • Oddball has no influence.
Did you know that when you drive a car you can use a pedal to brake and accelerate and they have a range rather than simply an on/off switch.

Also, similar story with a steering wheel.

But I'm glad that Getsome has pioneered the amazing inconceivable discovery that a keyboard with 0 / 1 rather than 0-1 inputs isn't as good as a controller for simulating something that could be comparable to having 0-1 inputs. And, omg, I can't believe I'm posting in the thread where it happened. I should take a screenshot and sell it on eBay.

Lets make a car with on/off switches for accelerating, braking, and especially steering. I'm going to patent the idea. Don't steal it plz.

Reply #17 Posted: July 27, 2014, 10:01:44 pm
A testament to my ICONZ Legacy: http://i.imgur.com/z1qGsZ3.png
Retired warden of the getsome concentration camp for stupid people.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
LOOK ODDBALL IS BACK!

Reply #18 Posted: July 27, 2014, 11:28:55 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
  • Oddball has no influence.
HI BOUNTY HUNTER DID YOU KNOW IM BACK?

I BET YOU DIDNT

To tell you the truth.. I never left. I have been here the whole time contemplating my existence. Reading. Watching. Grabbing rii's bum so he thinks someone likes him. Listening. Feeling. And simply... being.

And the truth of truths occurred to me. The bro who said "I think therefore I am" is stupid. No, not because of his saying, or his existing, but because he created stupidity and you can't create stupidity if you can't comprehend it. This saying gave permission to stupid beings to exist, because as long as you can process thought however retarded, you get to exist. People who are stupid should not exist, or more specifically in regards to the context, be "am".
Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:48:17 pm by Oddball

Reply #19 Posted: July 27, 2014, 11:44:32 pm
A testament to my ICONZ Legacy: http://i.imgur.com/z1qGsZ3.png
Retired warden of the getsome concentration camp for stupid people.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Grabbing rii's bum so he thinks someone likes him. Listening. Feeling. And simply... being.

Hehehe

Reply #20 Posted: July 28, 2014, 08:21:07 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
I am devoting the rest of my life to the worship of the imaginary figure satan.
Dear satan,
I have a list of souls to deliver unto thee...
http://www.getsome.co.nz/index.php?action=mlist

I realize you probably don't want them. but thats your problem, asshole, not mine.

Reply #21 Posted: July 30, 2014, 09:47:17 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I'm playing Borderlands 2 through again and grabbed the DLC.

Much fun. Especially due to the fact that I trawled the Borderlands twitter account and got a shit load of shift codes and have gotten some sweet weapons from the golden chest.

Can't wait for the pre-sequel.

Reply #22 Posted: July 30, 2014, 10:12:36 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Post list here for our convenience and sake of your rep. kthx.

Reply #23 Posted: July 30, 2014, 07:24:45 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
LOOK ODDBALL IS BACK!

May God have mercy on us all!

Reply #24 Posted: July 30, 2014, 09:03:20 pm