Topic: GetSome's Future.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Hey mods,

I'm just curious about GetSome's future.

This place has been winding down for a while now and if you were to go by forum activity you could probably say that things were pretty much at their end.

Were there any plans to pump life back into the forums? I know there's always people asking about a LAN, was this on the cards at any stage?

Ta.

Posted: September 05, 2013, 04:47:41 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
personal feedforward: I don't LAN

Reply #1 Posted: September 05, 2013, 04:59:48 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I'd just like to start this post again. Damage control. yaddy yada.

Dungeons and dragons

hey ho, lets go
Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:12:12 pm by `Kyane Reeves

Reply #2 Posted: September 05, 2013, 05:38:33 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I don't know Dungeons and dragons.

Teach me Kayne.

Reply #3 Posted: September 05, 2013, 06:36:30 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1531051
I don't know Dungeons and dragons.

Teach me Kayne.

4chan, just because.

http://iforce.co.nz/i/mq14h3sj.efp.jpg
http://iforce.co.nz/i/jki1q4as.nzf.png

and another game, but pretty much the same thing, just modern settings

part 1 (http://iforce.co.nz/i/qtkac53f.bls.jpg)
part 2 (http://iforce.co.nz/i/ooymkwlz.glm.jpg)

Then there are recordings of games... etc

k ya all. I'm excited.

Reply #4 Posted: September 05, 2013, 06:50:46 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
If there is any word of shutting down my home,  I will personally run an GetSome sausage sizzle and naked car wash to raise funds.

Reply #5 Posted: September 05, 2013, 07:02:40 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Vodafone don't seem too interested in us and our liasor has been busy and moved roles in the company so I'm not hopeful of anything.

Reply #6 Posted: September 05, 2013, 09:03:19 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: .osiRiS;1531067
Vodafone don't seem too interested in us and our liasor has been busy and moved roles in the company so I'm not hopeful of anything.

If we just stay quiet.

Maybe they wont notice us.

Reply #7 Posted: September 05, 2013, 09:08:37 pm

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.

well that's dissapointing to hear

Reply #8 Posted: September 05, 2013, 09:09:24 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.

That would be a real shame, I would like to think this community has a future and I for one would be prepared to fight to keep it alive (trolls and all).
If Vodafone are not keen then what about one of the other ISP's? I know we have been through a few over the years but there must be one that would like a ready to go community :)

What would be the costs involved in running the forum and gaming servers per month?

If Vodafone cut us loose I for one will move back to Orcon for my BB services.

I have a few contacts at Vodafone, PM me with who was the liaison and I will see if my limited strings can be pulled?
Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:09:42 pm by LeadCollector

Reply #9 Posted: September 05, 2013, 10:06:30 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
SNAP needs a forum community, surely the best ISP would be in for that??

Reply #10 Posted: September 06, 2013, 07:45:41 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline SLAYER!@#

• Addicted
  • SLAYER!@# has no influence.
Excellent idea Growler. <3 Snap.

Reply #11 Posted: September 06, 2013, 08:15:44 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Growler;1531082
SNAP needs a forum community, surely the best ISP would be in for that??

oh fuck yes

SNAP is pure chocolate fucking awesome

Reply #12 Posted: September 06, 2013, 08:45:12 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I think GetSome needs more Bacon and Butt Pics.

Reply #13 Posted: September 06, 2013, 08:47:51 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1531068
If we just stay quiet.

Maybe they wont notice us.

I think that's the problem haha.

It would be a huge shame to see this community go.. :(

Reply #14 Posted: September 06, 2013, 08:52:23 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
To add to osiris's grim post we are working on things behind the scenes, you will see nimmo's post earlier, ill chase him to give you guys an update if we can.

Reply #15 Posted: September 06, 2013, 09:06:03 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1531053
If there is any word of shutting down my home,  I will personally run an GetSome sausage sizzle and naked car wash to raise funds.

You should be doing this anyway.

Reply #16 Posted: September 06, 2013, 09:24:45 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1531088
You should be doing this anyway.

Make a kickstarter for supplies.

Reply #17 Posted: September 06, 2013, 09:37:26 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

I need my car washed.

and I'm hungry.

Reply #18 Posted: September 06, 2013, 09:47:28 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1531090
I need my car washed.

and I'm hungry.

It's like you're in my head right now.

Tomorrow I'm going to try one of those self service car wash places.

Reply #19 Posted: September 06, 2013, 09:51:00 am

Tomorrow I'm going to get my wing mirror fixed, because someone broke it while my car was parked on the side of the road, and drove off.

Reply #20 Posted: September 06, 2013, 10:13:43 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I need to take re-adjust my Bike mirror

someone left their car in the middle of the road and their wing mirror clipped mine.

My Wing mirror was the mightier of the two and was only knocked out of place
Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:29:57 am by The Demon Lord

Reply #21 Posted: September 06, 2013, 10:24:43 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Not entirely unexpected.

Reply #22 Posted: September 06, 2013, 10:54:19 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
or 2 degrees!

vodafone are useless prats!

Reply #23 Posted: September 06, 2013, 11:06:39 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
I'll just leave this here.

Quote from: Arseynimz;1529526
A WILD ARSEYNIMZ APPEARED, HE USED FORUMS, IT WAS SUPER HOLY SHIT AWESOMELY EFFECTIVE.

Hey dudes,
BF4 is being discussed and looked at - presently there is no RSP discussion, and this usually does not happen until around now (based on the previous 4 years we have been dealing with DICE and their BF or MoH releases).
We have already signalled our interest and intent to host.
We are currently working through/awaiting details on what will be needed to host the servers.
We are acutely aware that these forums are quiet, and looking at options - just a heads up, yes there will be changes, and I would love to hear from anyone with ideas by email (craig at GetSome etc).
There will be a lot of changes.
We loves you all, and your faces.

"THERE WILL BE A LOT OF CHANGES" - Like shutting up shop?

Really, that is only one change.

Reply #24 Posted: September 06, 2013, 04:23:41 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.