Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
New TV....

50inch or there about, 55 is getting too big and I'd like over 42". I am looking at the Samsung 50" 6700. Any other thoughts or suggestions/brands I should look at?

Why the 6700? Apart from a silver base you'd be better off with the 6400.

Samsungs will be very bright but will give you the the best web browser and media player built in. Pictures not too bad either.

I was told that the 6700 has a better refresh rate etc thou I do need to look I to it

Reply #20100 Posted: April 15, 2014, 09:15:26 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
It's still a 100hz panel just slightly faster software magic voodoo

Reply #20101 Posted: April 15, 2014, 09:34:45 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
so for general ATV watching and plex and bollocks the 6400 will be suffice?

or should I go up a series?

Can you sell them, am a cash buyer :D

Also want the Paradigm system from a few pages back.

Reply #20102 Posted: April 15, 2014, 09:39:04 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
s5 paired with with watch.. s5 is sexy samsung actually removed bloatware...  dislike telecoms BS renaming the web browser.. hid that and installed chrome.

FUCKING TELECOM  -- same shit with my S4   if you install a non branded rom the 4G option disappears because Tcom config looks at the some fucking config in their rom and approves the device for 4g authentication.. fuckers....

It's more likely a configuration issue that's automagic on their pre-installed beast.
Give them a call and they should probably either sort it or help you to sort it yourself.

But then again...

trololo telecom as a mobile provider

trololo telecom as a internet provider

trololo telecom

I did I spoke to their senior support tech, and was told exactly why it doesn't work, it has to be a telecom rom with telecom authentication codes which then allows the cell tower to broadcast back the 4g config and then the option becomes available.  With a non branded rom it fails to authenticate the handshake as a genuine telecom handset

Reply #20103 Posted: April 15, 2014, 09:42:58 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
I did I spoke to their senior support tech, and was told exactly why it doesn't work, it has to be a telecom rom with telecom authentication codes which then allows the cell tower to broadcast back the 4g config and then the option becomes available.  With a non branded rom it fails to authenticate the handshake as a genuine telecom handset

Does telecom know nothing about android phones?

Reply #20104 Posted: April 16, 2014, 01:46:42 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

Does telecom know nothing about android phones?

The better question is does Telecom know anything about customer satisfaction anymore,

Reply #20105 Posted: April 16, 2014, 06:52:23 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
You chose this?
Why would you.

Reply #20106 Posted: April 16, 2014, 07:05:51 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

I use to think rep mattered, now every ones got lots of blue shit just for spamming all the time.
Where's your blue m8

Better watch ur scalp

The better question is does Telecom know anything about customer satisfaction anymore,

anything about customer satisfaction anymore,

satisfaction anymore,

anymore

I don't understand. When did they ever?

You chose this?
Why would you.
This.

Reply #20107 Posted: April 16, 2014, 08:22:33 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
When I was with Telecom for the internets in my old place, they were pretty damn good. Always fast, upgraded the roadside box and had the roadside box repaired within 3 days after a drunk wiped it out.

Reply #20108 Posted: April 16, 2014, 08:39:58 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
You chose this?
Why would you.

huh, as a mobile phone provider wise they have had their ups and downs...  and company pays for my bill, unlimited calls, unlimited txt and 2 gb of data

Reply #20109 Posted: April 16, 2014, 09:09:30 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I've done snap, paradise, and (telecom+)ihug (because phone line was requirement back in the day) personally.
I've done TelstraClear & slingshit indirectly.

Out of all the things I'd never do again it would be slingshot by far. A massive margin.
But then on the opposite end of the scale snap is counter-balancing everything by being about the same margin away from the next down in awesomeness.

The others are all ok, much of the same sameness. People have good, people have bad. It happens.
Eg. I though TCL were good to me, but my mother had bad experiences.

So yeh.

Although some things (like a whole cab missing from the network) just can't be ignored, no matter how shit the provider is :P

Reply #20110 Posted: April 16, 2014, 09:10:29 am

Offline Pyromanik

Why would you.
company

Thought so :>

It's the only logical conclusion.

Reply #20111 Posted: April 16, 2014, 09:11:08 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
When I was with Telecom for the internets in my old place, they were pretty damn good. Always fast, upgraded the roadside box and had the roadside box repaired within 3 days after a drunk wiped it out.

and TELECOM have nothing to do with the roadside box being fixed quickly ,, that contractors like Downers or Transfield.  and in your area it's Transfield.

Reply #20112 Posted: April 16, 2014, 09:19:53 am

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
TV's huh?

Picked myself up a Panasonic TH-P50ST60 NeoPlasma the other day.

50 glorious inches of the most amazing picture I've seen. LED/LCD looks terrible sitting next to this contrast monster. Deep blacks and almost no motion blur what-so-ever. Brilliant playback over my network too. It's no slouch.

Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:53:57 am by swindle

Reply #20113 Posted: April 16, 2014, 09:49:15 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
I really fucking want Google Glass. I could have had it today, but fuck your $1,500 Google.

Reply #20114 Posted: April 16, 2014, 10:11:49 am
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
$1500 seems insanely expensive.

What is it, a wifi chip. a camera and a tiny CPU?

Reply #20115 Posted: April 16, 2014, 10:25:59 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
I really fucking want Google Glass.

This so much. Did you hear about the app that superimposes your own face on the person you're having sex with?

Could be worth $1500.

Reply #20116 Posted: April 16, 2014, 10:28:23 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
No wait, I got that wrong, but only slightly.

It's called Glance and you both need a pair.

Reply #20117 Posted: April 16, 2014, 10:31:12 am

lol @ console hate

Codex

I really fucking want Google Glass. I could have had it today, but fuck your $1,500 Google.
Got to use it when I was in San Fran last year, was so awesome, the price will go down after a while but if I had the cash i'd get one hah

Reply #20118 Posted: April 16, 2014, 10:37:08 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

Reply #20119 Posted: April 16, 2014, 11:03:44 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Codex

^Lol amazing

Reminds me I need to get a tall lamp for my new room so I don't stumble through the dark to bed -____-

Reply #20120 Posted: April 16, 2014, 11:06:12 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
$1500 seems insanely expensive.

What is it, a wifi chip. a camera and a tiny CPU?

I don't really see a point of glass, tiny area of view, not 3d.

Meta glasses are 3d, and cover your whole vision, which would be much more useful.
https://www.spaceglasses.com/buy

But at over US$3500 for the Pro version, much more expensive as well. But the developer edition is only $600
Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:45:55 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #20121 Posted: April 16, 2014, 11:43:44 am

Codex

404^ ??

Reply #20122 Posted: April 16, 2014, 12:07:55 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
Look at all this cool stuff I can't afford.

Reply #20123 Posted: April 16, 2014, 12:13:32 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Growler

hmmmmmm I can thou

But i would get something like that, use it for like a month and then pt it in a draw

Reply #20124 Posted: April 16, 2014, 12:25:17 pm
Think of me like Yoda,