Topic: Audio Switcher

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
What kind of things is the API for?
What kind of sound functions does it do?

Reply #50 Posted: June 19, 2012, 05:38:46 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
All I am using the API for is to retrieve the devices and then set them as default devices. Nothing amazing.

At the moment, it has an in built wrapper for the low level sound devices.  Including accessors for easily retrieving available playback and recording devices.

The AudioDevice wrapper currently supports:

- Setting the default device to "this"
- Mute/Unmute/Mute toggle
- Setting the volume level of "this"
- Name/HWID/Device Type etc..

All functions work for playback and recording devices through the same "interfacing".

Currently looking into building upon the AudioMeter to return current levels being played through any/all channels on an audio device. Might look at building this as an eventing model.

There are a whole bunch of features that are possible, I've only really started to scratch the surface.
Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:39:27 pm by Xenolightning

Reply #51 Posted: June 19, 2012, 06:36:08 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
I'm bored lately, hence:

New version

1.0.7.9 RC1

Refreshed GUI, added bits n pieces

Full Changelog + Download in OP
Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:57:09 pm by Xenolightning

Reply #52 Posted: June 21, 2012, 10:49:23 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xenolightning

Bitches

Changelog in OP

http://services.fortyone.net.nz/AudioSwitcher/Versions/1.1.0.7/AudioSwitcher.zip

Download link there

also download in OP

Shit just got real son.

Reply #53 Posted: July 06, 2012, 08:23:19 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Donated :D

Reply #54 Posted: July 06, 2012, 09:43:44 pm

Offline Xenolightning

Quote from: Emrico1;1493030
Donated :D

Cheers boss!

Believe it or not you aren't the first to do so... You are the second :P Got some guy based in Sweden send me a donation.

So there's a new version out

Do an update

http://services.fortyone.net.nz/AudioSwitcher/Versions/1.2.1.6/AudioSwitcher.zip

Thats the last version I will link unless requested :)
Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:59:40 pm by Xenolightning

Reply #55 Posted: July 06, 2012, 11:31:37 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xenolightning

Issue was embedded in the last update 1.2.3.2. It has been resolved, but the issue stops automatic updating so I can't push out the fix.

To get the latest version, 1.2.3.3, visit the URL below.

http://services.fortyone.net.nz/AudioSwitcher/Versions/1.2.3.3/

The buggy version has since been removed from the deploy list.

Reply #56 Posted: August 16, 2012, 08:04:14 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Codex

Make an auto update :P

Reply #57 Posted: November 14, 2012, 02:23:17 am

Offline Xenolightning

That just updates the app in the background?

There's update polling shit already, with prompts/balloon messages when there is an update.

Getting around to re-doing the UI, so will add a few bits 'n' pieces when that starts.

v2 Planned features:
- Macro's
- Volume control (mainly for Macro's, so you can switch device and alter the output volume in one swift wrist action)
- DX/OpenGL overlay

Reply #58 Posted: November 14, 2012, 09:44:05 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Would it be possible to show/hide devices? I have a tiny brain so when selecting speakers I have to pick the two out of four, I'd really like to hide the circled ones.
Love this app so much btw

Reply #59 Posted: December 30, 2012, 02:35:00 pm

Codex

I like how you drew a penis

Reply #60 Posted: December 30, 2012, 02:45:43 pm

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
Quote from: Emrico1;1513071
Would it be possible to show/hide devices? I have a tiny brain so when selecting speakers I have to pick the two out of four, I'd really like to hide the circled ones.
Love this app so much btw

you can right click in the sound control panel (the control panel that looks very similiar to this) on the unused devices and disable, the disabled devices will show as grey blobs
Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:31:36 pm by trololololo

Reply #61 Posted: December 30, 2012, 03:23:38 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: trololololo;1513077
you can right click in the sound control panel (the control panel that looks very similiar to this) on the unused devices and disable, the disabled devices will show as grey blobs

Sweet, I'll try that. Thanks.

Reply #62 Posted: December 30, 2012, 03:33:29 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Nice :D there Emrico

Reply #63 Posted: December 30, 2012, 09:54:30 pm

Offline Emrico1

Sort of works... They are still there but a little grey.

Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:06:20 am by Emrico1

Reply #64 Posted: December 30, 2012, 11:22:16 pm

Offline Hugo Stiglitz

• Just settled in
  • Hugo Stiglitz has no influence.
You can also rename each device in the Windows control panel so it's easier to tell which is which.
http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=zko4owit.epg.png
Audio Switcher

Reply #65 Posted: December 31, 2012, 12:27:16 am

Offline Xenolightning

I have plans to re-do the UI. So there is a window of time I'll be taking more suggestions.

I'm on holiday atm <3

But if I get bored, I'll see how far behind the code in the repository is. If it's not too far behind, I'll add a feature to rename and hide/show devices with a little check-box to show all devices etc..

Reply #66 Posted: December 31, 2012, 12:48:16 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
New flat = new set up design, which means I can now use your app!

Previously, had both headphones and speakers on my Asus soundcard (had to use the device software to switch between the two), now I only have headphones on the soundcard and speakers on HDMI.

This works perfect, good job dude!

Reply #67 Posted: January 05, 2013, 03:33:57 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline ednax

• I Posted!
  • ednax has no influence.
Hello,

hey, I really like this tool, but I have a question:
Is it possible to set a default Audio device on windows-Startup?
Or maybe to use a shotcut (e.g. "AudioSwitcher.exe headset") which could be used at windows Startup?

greetings
Ednax

Reply #68 Posted: March 15, 2013, 06:12:03 am

Offline Xenolightning

Quote from: ednax;1520755
Hello,

hey, I really like this tool, but I have a question:
Is it possible to set a default Audio device on windows-Startup?
Or maybe to use a shotcut (e.g. "AudioSwitcher.exe headset") which could be used at windows Startup?

greetings
Ednax
Welcome!

I have released a new version. If you check for updates, or restart the application you should get it.

This adds support for setting a startup device for playback and recording.

It hasn't been tested because I'm not in my normal development environment, but it looks as though it works :P

Also, BOOM, 2 hour turn around on a feature request
Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:34:09 am by Xenolightning

Reply #69 Posted: March 15, 2013, 08:31:39 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Emrico1

GC

Reply #70 Posted: March 15, 2013, 02:05:02 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Also, random guys turning up from google (who may or may not be a bot).
Nice work bro!

Reply #71 Posted: March 15, 2013, 07:29:25 pm

Offline ednax

• I Posted!
Quote from: Xenolightning;1520773

I have released a new version. If you check for updates, or restart the application you should get it.
It hasn't been tested because I'm not in my normal development environment, but it looks as though it works :P
Also, BOOM, 2 hour turn around on a feature request

I just updated to the new version and it seems to be working.
thank you very much for adding this Feature :encouragement:

Reply #72 Posted: March 15, 2013, 08:50:56 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Not a bot, amazing.
Where are you from ednax?

Reply #73 Posted: March 15, 2013, 11:40:35 pm

Offline ednax

• I Posted!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1520901
Not a bot, amazing.
Why should I be a bot? And what would a bot want to do with AudioSwitcher? :suspicion:
And I guess a bot would have problems to solve the captchas (I realy don't like captschas).

Quote from: Pyromanik;1520901
Where are you from ednax?
I'm from Germany and frankly I'm only here because I was looking (with google) for such a tool.
Maybe I find more interesting Tools and Threads here.
Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:35:51 am by ednax

Reply #74 Posted: March 16, 2013, 01:21:16 am