Topic: BF4 Multiplayer trailer :)

Offline hawkwindnz

• Just settled in
  • hawkwindnz has no influence.
Sort of a bit scripted, but I actually thought it was amazing!

Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:44:39 pm by hawkwindnz

Posted: June 11, 2013, 01:41:48 pm

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
Looks exactly the same. which is to be expected...

Commander mode via tablet is hilarious and I wonder how many patches there will need to be before the tower actually collapses...

Reply #1 Posted: June 11, 2013, 02:37:05 pm
iM

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
^^ That's what I thought about the tower collapse.

Maybe commander tablet mode was just for the demo, so the guy introducing all the shit could feel involved. I also wonder if the game has voip, you would expect so given there is commander.

I liked how the tank got trapped in the lower levels area, but if it doesnt get blown up, can it drive around down there? Its sort of like they bought back the destroy-able bridges from bf2, can engineers deploy a temporary bridge to span the gap? That could be cool.

Reply #2 Posted: June 11, 2013, 03:15:55 pm

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
That looks incredible, wasn't impressed by SP but this looks like a much more fun BF3.

Also recon with c4..deadly bush wookies now
Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:22:11 pm by Matt

Reply #3 Posted: June 11, 2013, 03:17:47 pm
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I would like to see a less scripted demo - with 2 teams actually playing each other.

I mean it looked nice - but as a view of Multiplayer it felt 'Sterile' not Organic in the way that actual multiplayer is.

Reply #4 Posted: June 11, 2013, 03:30:11 pm

Offline ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

• Devoted Member
  • ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~ has no influence.
a lift that works...get those claymores & c4 ready lol

chopper rape with those buildings to cover epic

Reply #5 Posted: June 11, 2013, 03:35:53 pm
H!SoN

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~;1526798
a lift that works...get those claymores & c4 ready lol

I did love the Elevator music though - that would be hilarious in the middle of a Scrim....

'do do dododo do do'

Reply #6 Posted: June 11, 2013, 03:37:09 pm

Offline hawkwindnz

• Just settled in
commander mode trailer  

SS of layout screen http://i.imgur.com/BnslRVD.jpg

and another singleplayer vid.

I wasn't going to bother buying it, but certainly am now! Heaps of info on the reddit bf4 page http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/

Dropping that tank from the road into the basement was almost dick out material....

Reply #7 Posted: June 11, 2013, 05:15:29 pm

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.
A couple of things I noticed from the multiplayer video

5 man squads!
Voip
More team play points
Didn't see anything about squad leader spawn.
Destructible Roads
Lack of Blue Tint

And many more just can't remember right now

Reply #8 Posted: June 12, 2013, 06:41:37 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Commander assets are tied to flags, so you have to cap certain flags to be able to use UAV, Missile Strike and Gunship.
Anyone know what the EMP does? Knocks out other commanders assets or possibly vehicles in the field?

Also there is a "live feed" on the commander screenshot (bottom left), is this a live feed of the SL the commander has selected?

Reply #9 Posted: June 12, 2013, 10:45:23 am

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
If it's anything like 2142, it will knock out vehicles.

That looks pretty good imo, a step in the right direction.

Apparently they might be bringing back full magazine reload as well.

Also VOIP confirmed?: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1g400z/ingame_voip_on_pc_has_not_been_confirmed_so/cagk1yf
Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:13:07 pm by mattnz

Reply #10 Posted: June 12, 2013, 12:06:38 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: mattnz;1526894
If it's anything like 2142, it will knock out vehicles.

That looks pretty good imo, a step in the right direction.

Apparently they might be bringing back full magazine reload as well.

Also VOIP confirmed?: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1g400z/ingame_voip_on_pc_has_not_been_confirmed_so/cagk1yf

I have a love/hate relationship with full magazine reloads - I love them for the realism, but I hate them for the realism.....

Reply #11 Posted: June 12, 2013, 12:22:32 pm

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
I've been watching a wee bit of a stream for BF4.

It looks as though swimming is way faster which I'll gladly accept and you can shoot your pistol too which I'm not sure about...
When you are about to get knifed it comes up with a "counter attack" option. I'm pretty sure you need to press F and it looks to be a pretty small window of time to do this in. (I'll be changing that to my side mouse button tbh)

Spectator mode looks really awesome which is good news for future streaming of matches. Several different view modes available. Honestly it looks amazing. (it's just sad that I'm so excited about something that was already in BF2)

Tower falling down looks to be a scripted event

I'm starting to think that they left all these things out of BF3 on purpose so they would have more of a selling point for BF4...

Reply #12 Posted: June 12, 2013, 02:43:20 pm
iM

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Quote from: Lyesalot;1526907
I'm starting to think that they left all these things out of BF3 on purpose so they would have more of a selling point for BF4...

It does appear that they have taken onboard alot of what has been said lacked in Beef3.

Potentially this could be BF2 on steroids with better graphics and destruction, that IS something to be very excited about.

Reply #13 Posted: June 12, 2013, 03:01:43 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Ok so that trailer looks fucking cool.

Not going to rush out and preorder but I am now looking forward to it releasing and seeing my mate who will without a doubt have it on release day play it.

Might just tweak the rig so it is ready tho :friendly_wink:

Reply #14 Posted: June 12, 2013, 03:38:39 pm

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
going to be epic if voip is back in and as good as BF2's system, BF3 would have been so much better with it built in

Reply #15 Posted: June 12, 2013, 03:42:50 pm
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
lots of eye candy 'wow factor' but WTF is with a chopper hovering at the top of a skyscraper and not laying waste to the whole level in seconds ?  

people will soon learn where not to park vehicles if the roads are that fragile ;)

the camping is going to get fierce when a strong team gives there commander extra assets like Spooky AC-130s
Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:51:52 pm by Kopfjaeger

Reply #16 Posted: June 12, 2013, 03:48:21 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
lots of eye candy 'wow factor' but WTF is with a chopper hovering at the top of a skyscraper and not laying waste to the whole level in seconds ?  people will soon learn where not to park vehicles if the roads are that fragile ;)

Reply #17 Posted: June 12, 2013, 03:48:36 pm

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
Tbh I think they got the engine right in BF3, which has allowed them to this time work on gameplay.

And I don't really care that its worked like that.

Reply #18 Posted: June 12, 2013, 05:38:44 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Another trailer has surfaced - Great Wall of China conquest assault map.

Reply #19 Posted: June 12, 2013, 06:44:26 pm

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
Quote from: mycoolcar;1526950

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itbq_JG5PyU&feature=youtu.be

you are such a tool MCC XD... did you get weird looks recording that? :P

Reply #20 Posted: June 12, 2013, 07:27:42 pm

Offline hawkwindnz

• Just settled in
Fuck! New guns an snuff.

small hands thou...  8=3

Reply #21 Posted: June 12, 2013, 07:30:01 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Quote from: nevjmac;1526959
you are such a tool MCC XD... did you get weird looks recording that? :P

They gave my tool a weird look, apparently its not normal to get it out on the great wall.

Reply #22 Posted: June 12, 2013, 07:35:41 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: mycoolcar;1526950

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itbq_JG5PyU&feature=youtu.be

i thought they were going to fix suppression - doesnt look like it from that video - weapons bouncing around, no wonder the player couldnt hit anything

Reply #23 Posted: June 12, 2013, 10:47:24 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Cowwie

• Just settled in
  • Cowwie has no influence.
Quote from: Matt;1526920
going to be epic if voip is back in and as good as BF2's system, BF3 would have been so much better with it built in

When it comes to the social side, in game voip would have beaten battlelog's attempt anyday, kind of funny in a sad way... argh!@#:upset:

Reply #24 Posted: June 12, 2013, 11:34:32 pm