Topic: BF4 Multiplayer trailer :)

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
What Bell said, bf2 jets were fuckin' shit.

FH and POE had it right.

Reply #125 Posted: September 06, 2013, 11:14:02 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

• Devoted Member
  • ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~ has no influence.
Quote from: Bell;1531122
Completely disagree, bf2 jets were completely unbalanced, you forgot about J10 already?
The BF2 jets were also completely unbalanced vs ground units, the air units just raped without even trying all you needed to be able to do was drop a flare when you heard a beep.

i guess you havent played after patch. j10 was fixed and so was damaged against jets from ground and AA. you had to be pro to rape ground even still it was a risky, any half decent can eryx jets, 50cal with FAV or tank. who would fire both stingers when you know one is enough to flare...fire the second one after so it hits, by the time he tries to escape or go repair from base you can take off your jet and get him..see what i mean you had to use brains in bf2 not just sit on AA and wait for it like theyv done now. after patch j10 and f35 were quite similar so dogfighting was fair. i doubt any bf game will match the jet dogfighting fun like in bf2. bf3/4 theres no such thing as dogfighting its doing circles, jets go at speed of cars no G's when turning, enemys/tanks and all show up easily ingame in bf2 only when spotted even that on the minimap only so pilot has to guess where he is, with the speed of bf2 jets fly spotting inf while flying then gunning them back without getting hit was some real shit.

Reply #126 Posted: September 07, 2013, 04:21:18 pm
H!SoN

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
We can thank consoles for ruining battlefield tbh. It will never be the same as Battlefield 2 or previous BF games.

Everything much be easy to play to cater for all the nubs out there and this unfortunately rapes gameplay and any sort of decent competitive play.

Reply #127 Posted: September 07, 2013, 05:41:34 pm
iM

Offline Frairwolf

• Just settled in
  • Frairwolf has no influence.
I miss my iron bombs.

Reply #128 Posted: September 07, 2013, 06:41:39 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Lyesalot;1531167
We can thank consoles for ruining battlefield tbh. It will never be the same as Battlefield 2 or previous BF games.

Everything much be easy to play to cater for all the nubs out there and this unfortunately rapes gameplay and any sort of decent competitive play.

+1

Reply #129 Posted: September 07, 2013, 08:49:43 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Quote from: Lyesalot;1531167

I +1 this as well. :(

Reply #130 Posted: September 07, 2013, 09:39:58 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Quote from: Frairwolf;1531171
I miss my iron bombs.

i certainly don't miss the 'suicide chairs' that were supposed to be AA mounts in BF2

Reply #131 Posted: September 08, 2013, 11:35:01 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~;1531164
..see what i mean you had to use brains in bf2...

Reply #132 Posted: September 08, 2013, 12:43:25 pm

Offline ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

• Devoted Member
^lols..so you say bf2 jets were shitty but havnt even played the game enough to know about jets jst qq'd for getting raped ?
Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 03:07:15 pm by ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

Reply #133 Posted: September 08, 2013, 02:30:03 pm
H!SoN

Offline ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

• Devoted Member
^lols..so you say bf2 jets were shitty but havnt even played the game enough to know about jets jst qq'd for getting raped ?

Reply #134 Posted: September 08, 2013, 03:07:49 pm
H!SoN

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~;1531199

yes i played bf2 nd it wz swt to strt wit den it gt rl sdhty whn da rcktz gt nurphd den al da nubz cld sht any1 dn rl ez nd dndt hv 2 aim r nuffink!

i dnt qq i fckd ur mum gngbng stly wid a dildooooooooooooooooooooooooooo luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuls kekeke.

Reply #135 Posted: September 08, 2013, 03:42:49 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
How long did you have to play BF2 to know how to the use the jets? was playing from onwards from the demo for over a year not long enough?
When was the amazing patch that fixed jets released? after the game was already dead?

All I remember from BF2 was that everyone flew J10's unopposed and strafed AA emplacements with fucking guns at super low altitude.
I also remember that to kill the most "powerful" AA units all one had to do was press the flare button once and release bombs in the general direction of the giant square pointing out there is a unit there. Because not knowing where AA fire is coming from would be mean to the pilots right?
Saying bf2 flying took brains is a joke, you just had to learn a few simple rules.
Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:50:15 pm by Bell

Reply #136 Posted: September 08, 2013, 06:36:05 pm

Offline ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

• Devoted Member
cant remeber when after 3rd or 4th patch j10 was fixed. if your talking about the ground aa vehicle it only took one proper burst with cannon to shoot a jet down, its k i know thats still too hard for you lol.

who cares game is dead the jets were great thanks to the nubs who cried about j10 and console fags they made it easier for you guys now.

Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:51:03 pm by ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

Reply #137 Posted: September 08, 2013, 07:48:23 pm
H!SoN

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Never discuss a topic with someone with the maturity of a 8 year old I guess.

Reply #138 Posted: September 08, 2013, 08:24:59 pm

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
I thought the jets were great in BF2. I was able to do well in them on your average public server, but top pilots would still smash me in dogfights. The fact that there were 3 tiers (crap pilots, average pilots like myself and then good pilots) was enough for me. It's when you've only got 2 tiers, crap and good, that there is a problem, as you should be able to become better than the good/average pilots if you sink more time into it. I played right to the end of BF2 so my last memories of them were when they were at their most "balanced". The J10 was slightly more powerful than the others and it would have been good to bring that back in line with the other jets slightly, but overall I thought the power offered overall was great. They should be the most powerful asset if used well, and its unfortunate they felt the need to nerf them to try and balance the game out.

It is a shame the path they have taken, the series had such great potential to be a truly great game, and I hope one day they stop making game decisions based on "accessability" and simply based on what is going to make the best game.

Reply #139 Posted: September 08, 2013, 08:34:37 pm
sila.

Offline ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Bell;1531211
Never discuss a topic with someone with the maturity of a 8 year old I guess.

talks about bf2 jets and AA but has hardly even played the game properly to know either about it, good advice^

Quote from: 5loth;1531212
I thought the jets were great in BF2. I was able to do well in them on your average public server, but top pilots would still smash me in dogfights. The fact that there were 3 tiers (crap pilots, average pilots like myself and then good pilots) was enough for me. It's when you've only got 2 tiers, crap and good, that there is a problem, as you should be able to become better than the good/average pilots if you sink more time into it. I played right to the end of BF2 so my last memories of them were when they were at their most "balanced". The J10 was slightly more powerful than the others and it would have been good to bring that back in line with the other jets slightly, but overall I thought the power offered overall was great. They should be the most powerful asset if used well, and its unfortunate they felt the need to nerf them to try and balance the game out.

It is a shame the path they have taken, the series had such great potential to be a truly great game, and I hope one day they stop making game decisions based on "accessability" and simply based on what is going to make the best game.

well said, too bad they balanced the jets and rest bit too late otherwise the game wudv lived a bit more longer.

Reply #140 Posted: September 08, 2013, 08:57:32 pm
H!SoN

Offline Bell

• Addicted
5loth: I definitely didn't play until the end mostly due to being completely turned off the airgame which wasn't apparently fixed for a very long time.
So i'll will take your word for it, in my time there was no difference between average and good because the aircraft were so poorly matched, you had to be shit to lose 1v1 in a J10 vs F35.
And what did they do about the air to ground balance in the later patch?

I also agree aircraft should be the most powerful when used well but that power should be based on their ability to strike a very important enemy target such as armour or a heli at the right time, not by racking up a stupid KDR against infantry and light vehicles.
Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 11:48:57 pm by Bell

Reply #141 Posted: September 08, 2013, 11:44:35 pm

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
To be honest a really skilled pilot in BF3 can still dominate. At least that's what I've noticed from some servers lately. Especially with 3d spotting its almost impossible to hide. I imagine the skill gap between pilots is a lot smaller than previous BFs which would be frustrating for the expert pilots out there.

Snake was a decent BF2 pilot so I'll take his word for it tbh.

Reply #142 Posted: September 09, 2013, 03:33:06 am
iM

Offline ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Lyesalot;1531228
To be honest a really skilled pilot in BF3 can still dominate. At least that's what I've noticed from some servers lately. Especially with 3d spotting its almost impossible to hide. I imagine the skill gap between pilots is a lot smaller than previous BFs which would be frustrating for the expert pilots out there.

Snake was a decent BF2 pilot so I'll take his word for it tbh.

very. pilots call themselves experts in bf3 when they find out how to balance speed and make tight turns. most of them iv hardly even seen in bf2, they have no idea how much skill needed, fun & realistic dogfighting in bf2 is. doing tight turns & keep on circling does require skill but it aint a real dogfight, bf2 had soo much more to it which they took out. Havnt seen most decent bf2 pilots in bf3, guess they all gave up seeing the change.
killing inf with 3d spotting makes it more easier with how slow the jets fly yet still manage to have control.
Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:29:14 am by ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

Reply #143 Posted: September 09, 2013, 04:51:38 am
H!SoN

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Imma gonna wade in again on this, but before I start:

1: I never played Bf2 so I cannot comment on the whether this was Balanced or not
2: I did however play a LOT of flight sims/flight combat games and on top of that, have flown Fixed wing and Helicopters IRL (have yet to fly a jet though :( )
3: I am an above Average jet pilot in BF3, but I still get torn to shreds by most 100 Colnels with more DF experiance than me.

When I first started flying in BF3 the first thing that pissed me off was the lack of a proper stall mechanic - it meant that any interesting moves that utilise stalling (such as a barrel roll, Hammerhead turn etc.) aren't possible.

The second thing that pissed me off is the Throttle response - I started flying with a joystick and an Analogue throttle (its the way I have always flown) which should give me a huge advantage in the game (being able to set the throttle at the optimum speed, being able to adjust slightly when in a DF etc.) but due to the way the throttle control works in the game, this is actually a major disadvantage as the the throttle response is only binary (on or off) which means you have to use keys for throttle response.

The last thing that pissed me off - the fact that the Super Hornet can fly rings around the Flanker (seriously, the Flanker is capable of post-stalll maneuvering and the Hornet isn't)

For me - I don't think much needs to be done to make the Jets more balanced - a Good AA gunner is able to take down a jet without any issue (just many AA gunners are retards who use it to shoot Inf and only use the Lock On missles)

they just need to add some Stall Mechanics and some realistic throttle response, make it so that LMGs and HMGs damage jets, remove the rocket pods and give us Gravity bombs

Reply #144 Posted: September 09, 2013, 08:05:30 am

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
I admired the way some creative BF2 pilots pressed the attack when there shitty Chinese cannons jammed

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/maxQ/BF2/Close.png
BF4 Multiplayer trailer :)

Reply #145 Posted: September 09, 2013, 03:09:00 pm

Offline ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Frairwolf;1531171
I miss my iron bombs.

Sup, back in 2007 :D

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/5839/8mqv.jpg
BF4 Multiplayer trailer :)

Reply #146 Posted: September 09, 2013, 04:58:35 pm
H!SoN

Offline Frairwolf

• Just settled in
  • Frairwolf has no influence.
:D Carpet bombing with the F15/SU's was so much fun.

Reply #147 Posted: September 09, 2013, 05:05:46 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
its a shame really ... cause there aint gonna be anything like bf2 cause scrubs complain and games are meant for kids, even if the labeling does say R15+ :(

Reply #148 Posted: September 09, 2013, 05:06:26 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
But BF2 is hardly violent and it is far from difficult. It's still such an absolutely amazing game.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Reply #149 Posted: September 10, 2013, 05:46:18 pm