Topic: BF4 Multiplayer trailer :)

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
Quote from: EnjoyTheSauce;1527164
Not sure what vids you are referring to, but maybe you were seeing spec mode view?

Hmm not sure, thought it was just first-person gameplay, but it could be spec mode? This kind of thing:

Reply #50 Posted: June 15, 2013, 09:54:20 pm
sila.

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
^ Thats pretty standard. It's like that in BF3.

Friendlies far away show up as a triangle, close to you they have a name tag, vehicles show up as a icon of the vehicle.

Reply #51 Posted: June 15, 2013, 10:28:38 pm

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
A wee bit of info on vehicle customizations

!

Reply #52 Posted: June 16, 2013, 03:13:09 am
iM

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.
Liking the changes to vehicles so far, I wonder though does that mean the driver selects what his gunner has as weapons?

Reply #53 Posted: June 16, 2013, 09:49:04 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
No. You select your own, they are then on when you are in the vehicle.

Same as currently with attack choppers.

Reply #54 Posted: June 16, 2013, 10:05:51 am

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
I just want to be able to drop the entire HUD by default. BF3 was so much cooler with ZERO HUD on screen. Could actually see what was around me and not just a million trillion little bright blue and red markers.

Reply #55 Posted: June 16, 2013, 11:27:10 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: Matt;1527142
No shit.

Well then I don't know what you're complaining about. It does a decent job, certainly at least equal to the previous terrible ingame browser. And if they want to improve it, they don't have to patch the entire game.

I want a tank with bright pink paint.

Reply #56 Posted: June 16, 2013, 01:12:24 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
hmmm from that MP vid it sounds like armor is going to be more difficult to control....50 ton MBT halted by a stop sign anyone ?  hopefully we will get selectable main gun ammo again, not much use for APFDS rounds in a city map

Reply #57 Posted: June 16, 2013, 03:59:20 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
The video lyesalot posted shows they have selectable main gun ammo.

Reply #58 Posted: June 16, 2013, 04:46:18 pm

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
Quote from: mattnz;1527187
Well then I don't know what you're complaining about. It does a decent job, certainly at least equal to the previous terrible ingame browser. And if they want to improve it, they don't have to patch the entire game.

I want a tank with bright pink paint.

Mine only finds 1/5th of all nz/aus servers a any given time, it's terrible. Unless you specifically search for the name you are after or join off a friend in the same game it's harder than it needs to be

Reply #59 Posted: June 17, 2013, 12:58:37 am
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Offline hawkwindnz

• Just settled in
  • hawkwindnz has no influence.
Check and refresh origin. The alpha invites went out yesterday, and if you are in, it will be sitting in your origin games folder

Reply #60 Posted: June 17, 2013, 06:49:31 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Saw your message and given I've done nearly 630 hours of bf3, and am a pro, I might just get an invite.

Sadly I didn't :(

Reply #61 Posted: June 17, 2013, 06:57:02 pm

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
Work on that pro part and maybe you will get in with the next wave of invites

Reply #62 Posted: June 17, 2013, 08:27:37 pm
iM

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Thanks for the encouragement. Did you get an invite?

Reply #63 Posted: June 17, 2013, 08:57:11 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
It's for people who wasted money on MoH isn't it?

Reply #64 Posted: June 17, 2013, 09:19:12 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline hawkwindnz

• Just settled in
  • hawkwindnz has no influence.
Nope, was random. You had to have the box ticked in origin to receive news about bf3 from EA.  Sounds like a proper test too. No textures or anything, more of a server stress test, and bug fix.

Will have to wait for the demo (beta) which will have plenty of bugs that DICE are told about, but won't be fixed anyway on release.

Reply #65 Posted: June 18, 2013, 07:57:22 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: mattnz;1527270
It's for people who wasted money on MoH isn't it?

Thats early Beta access - not the Alpha I think

Reply #66 Posted: June 18, 2013, 09:17:54 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7925[/ATTACH]got an invite for the Alpha but never got the download in origin ... epic way to start EA
Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:04:24 pm by deadmeatwalking

Reply #67 Posted: June 18, 2013, 07:02:22 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Jellay

Reply #68 Posted: June 18, 2013, 07:13:58 pm

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
A wee video on the frostbite engine. The waves impressed me the most!

[video=youtube;R9yVV6g3q7g#at=181]R9yVV6g3q7g#at=181

Reply #69 Posted: June 26, 2013, 10:16:38 pm
iM

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Bugger waves and wind. (though they are pretty) The clunky movement feel still irks me, and i reckon they need to focus more on fixing that.

Reply #70 Posted: June 27, 2013, 10:12:31 am

Offline drpearce

• Just settled in
  • drpearce has no influence.
had a round last night loving it so far roll on final game .

Reply #71 Posted: June 27, 2013, 03:06:41 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
i only noticed it when i watched it this time but the 1942 theme music plays in the background as the end sequence starts

Reply #72 Posted: June 27, 2013, 03:40:31 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
They should add more than one destruction animation for vehicles and buildings. e.g. killing a chopper in bf3 it always breaks apart in a similar way, make it so the destruction reflects the way it was destroyed.

Reply #73 Posted: June 27, 2013, 05:02:50 pm

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
Thank fuck support is the only class that can suppress in BF4

Reply #74 Posted: June 28, 2013, 05:14:07 am
iM