Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
In the wake of the Paris attack

Reply #8200 Posted: January 08, 2015, 09:53:46 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I'm loving how the internet and illustrators are flipping the middle finger to extremists by producing even MORE cartoons about Mohammed.

Dumbshit extremists.

Reply #8201 Posted: January 08, 2015, 11:19:34 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
So this is what I don't get.

I just can't fathom why some Muslims would find this offensive. I could understand if the image depicted Mohammed in some embarrassing act. But it doesn't. He's just holding a sign, and tbh, it could just be a picture of any middle eastern person holding a sign.

I bet if some drew a picture of Jesus holding a sign saying 'I am Charlie', no one would care.

These terrorist attacks were an attack on the Muslim culture as well, if anything Muslims should be coming out and supporting this image, not getting angry about it.

Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:34:01 am by Spacemonkeyorsarus

Reply #8202 Posted: January 15, 2015, 08:28:36 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
They are.

Reply #8203 Posted: January 15, 2015, 12:20:22 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Dont say Jehovah! And watch out for the shoes

Wacky Weligious News #2

Reply #8204 Posted: January 31, 2015, 08:35:17 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

I had an interesting chat with a Hindu today. They asked me what religion I was. I said I wasn't any religion. Then they asked me:
"What do you do to become spiritually energized?"

And Im like

"Huh?!??"

"When we are down, we pray to god and feel energized"

"Huh?!??"

This has been the my first encounter talking with a Hindu and it was very interesting.

Reply #8205 Posted: February 26, 2015, 09:17:49 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I had an interesting chat with a Hindu today. They asked me what religion I was. I said I wasn't any religion. Then they asked me:
"What do you do to become spiritually energized?"

And Im like

"Huh?!??"

"When we are down, we pray to god and feel energized"

"Huh?!??"

This has been the my first encounter talking with a Hindu and it was very interesting.

You've ne -

Wait, hold on, your first encounter? You've never met a *Generalisation* Indian before in your life? Geeze Tiwa go outside more

Back to what I was going to say - You've never meditated before Tiwa? Feels good man, and that's not just hippy talk.

Reply #8206 Posted: February 26, 2015, 11:34:28 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Tiwaking!

You've ne -

Wait, hold on, your first encounter? You've never met a *Generalisation* Indian before in your life? Geeze Tiwa go outside more

Back to what I was going to say - You've never meditated before Tiwa? Feels good man, and that's not just hippy talk.
I've never talked to an Indian about religion before. They asked me what religion I was and I said "Atheist". They had no idea how someone could believe in absolutely no God.

In fact, one of the questions they asked was "If a man is in a burning house and there is no one around, who do they ask for help?"

I said "Did they survive or did they die? Are either of these outcomes Gods fault?"

They also said they meditated or exercised to become 'spiritually energized'. I don't even know what that means. 'Spiritually energized'?? What does that actually mean?

'Feels good'? Is that the same as not feeling bad? If you are not feeling good all the time, then technically you are feeling bad all of the time.

In either case, we were both curious about each other. Hinduism is no less strange than any other religion

Reply #8207 Posted: March 03, 2015, 05:59:48 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I don't find religion itself strange, just the ability to believe the absurd is objectively true in spite of clear and direct evidence to the contrary. But then, the anti vaxxers show that trait is not confined to religion

Reply #8208 Posted: March 03, 2015, 08:33:01 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
'Feels good'? Is that the same as not feeling bad? If you are not feeling good all the time, then technically you are feeling bad all of the time.

Putting your non-believer questions aside

It's just a very extreme state of calmness. And it's very enjoyable. If you are truly that calm all the time, then I dare say Tiwa...

... You're a deity!

Reply #8209 Posted: March 04, 2015, 12:21:26 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I'm calm all the time.

Worship me.

Reply #8210 Posted: March 04, 2015, 09:59:13 am

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
What do you offer in return?
My own planet or a bunch of virgins?

Reply #8211 Posted: March 04, 2015, 03:43:51 pm

Here are your virgins.

http://www.getsome.co.nz/forums/index.php?board=683.0

Reply #8212 Posted: March 04, 2015, 04:29:33 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Oh snap!

Reply #8213 Posted: March 04, 2015, 06:36:03 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted

Here are your virgins.

http://www.getsome.co.nz/forums/index.php?board=683.0

How dare you!

Leave the children out of this

Reply #8214 Posted: March 04, 2015, 08:26:47 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
I personally would not be able to handle mic spaming

Reply #8215 Posted: March 04, 2015, 11:35:48 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Putting your non-believer questions aside

It's just a very extreme state of calmness. And it's very enjoyable. If you are truly that calm all the time, then I dare say Tiwa...

... You're a deity!

One will stop being so angry when one learns the true facts of the misery of life. The wise person should aim to reach a state where simply nothing could suddenly disturb their piece of mind. Every tragedy should already be priced in.

PHILOSOPHY - The Stoics
edit: fixing link
Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:12:32 pm by Tiwaking!

Reply #8216 Posted: March 23, 2015, 10:08:54 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

now there's a philosophy for the ruling classes to sell to the masses

Reply #8217 Posted: March 24, 2015, 12:58:14 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
So this is what I don't get.

I just can't fathom why some Muslims would find this offensive. I could understand if the image depicted Mohammed in some embarrassing act. But it doesn't. He's just holding a sign, and tbh, it could just be a picture of any middle eastern person holding a sign.

I bet if some drew a picture of Jesus holding a sign saying 'I am Charlie', no one would care.

These terrorist attacks were an attack on the Muslim culture as well, if anything Muslims should be coming out and supporting this image, not getting angry about it.

Whenever theres a 'terrorist' attack and the 'terrorists' ID is conveniently left lying in the car, thats your first very obvious clue that the attack is being carried out by an intelligence agency like Mossad, who already have a patsy setup to take the blame.

Reply #8218 Posted: April 03, 2015, 05:45:43 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Reply #8219 Posted: May 04, 2015, 09:43:32 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
What chapter is this in the bible?

Reply #8220 Posted: May 04, 2015, 11:50:22 pm

The most awesome one.

Reply #8221 Posted: May 05, 2015, 05:22:00 am

Offline Tiwaking!

WTF!
http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2015/08/saudi-ministry--free-expression-is-an-abuse-of-religious-rights
Saudi Arabia has reiterated its call for a global blasphemy law, claiming that free speech leads to violations of "religious and ideological rights."
Abdulmajeed Al-Omari, the director for external relations at the Saudi Ministry of Islamic Affairs, a government body which is tasked with "propagating Islam", was quoted by the Saudi Gazette as saying, "freedom of expression without limits or restrictions would lead to [the] violation and abuse of religious and ideological rights."
He called for insulting religion to be criminalised, and urged for an 'intensification' of efforts aimed at stamping out affronts to religious symbols.
In what amounts to a call for a global law against blasphemy or 'defamation of religion', Al-Omari added that "everyone" must "intensify efforts to criminalise insulting heavenly religions, prophets, holy books, religious symbols and places of worship."
The Saudi Gazette reports that Al-Omari claimed the 'abuse' of free speech created religious extremism and, bizarrely, violations of human rights. The paper added that the Saudi government had "reiterated its call" for the international community to make illegal "any act" which 'vilified' religious beliefs.

Reply #8222 Posted: September 08, 2015, 09:23:22 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
These Imam are really worried about losing their grip in the twenty first century, aren't they?

Make me think of the George Orwell quote “All men are created equal but some are more equal than others…”

Reply #8223 Posted: September 08, 2015, 11:48:34 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Time to fucking bomb Mecca..

Reply #8224 Posted: September 08, 2015, 05:59:07 pm