Topic: The Official Formula 1 thread

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
It's who brings the biggest cheque for a lot of those rides.

Reply #675 Posted: December 17, 2011, 04:48:15 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Lower order yes, Lotus has said they are moving back into a more professional role having Payed drivers, not paying drivers, like Kimi. Sadly thats why Hulkenberg got dropped in favor of Maldanado. Good to see him back driving, I think hes got a chance at really going well in F1 if things pan out.

Reply #676 Posted: December 17, 2011, 06:04:50 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Collection of the new cars that have launched so far:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/16872627

Damn those nose regulations make them look foul (nose cone was lowered 55mm or so, without the top of the chassis having to be lowered.)

All to prevent this kinda thing:

Reply #677 Posted: February 09, 2012, 06:54:01 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
damn those cars just get uglier every year.

Reply #678 Posted: February 10, 2012, 09:24:24 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I don't mind the new nose cone. Definitely different, but apart from that it isn't bad.

Reply #679 Posted: February 10, 2012, 12:07:01 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
http://360.io/4fwEF4

360 Panoramic view at Jerez during the first test session.

Reply #680 Posted: February 10, 2012, 01:28:34 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6983[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6986[/ATTACH]

Comparison of the cars from the first test.

Reply #681 Posted: February 23, 2012, 07:31:45 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
One week until the first race of the season, in one of my favourite (maybe because it's the only track I've been to) venues. Albert Park.

Vettel to win it all this year?

How about Webber? Will he challenge? Or will he be up there at least?

Kimi?

Will Hamilton fight back after a mediocre season?

Find out on the next episode of F1 drama.

Reply #682 Posted: March 11, 2012, 02:59:36 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Testing was interesting, but as always it means nothing as the teams never want to show their hand.

Picking Red Bull to be strong again obviously, but no where near the domination of last year.
Hoping Ferrari in testing has been sandbagging big time to down play their car, and pull out something special.
McLaren to be steady as usual. Button > Lewis
Mercedes to surprise a few teams and be more of a top runner.
Lotus to do well, and Kimi to have a decent first season back.

I think the front will be a lot closer than last year leading to a larger mix of people on the podium. Same with the middle of the pack with the likes of Caterham having made huge improvements, Force India to start off well, especially with Hulkenberg behind the wheel who I really rate.

Reply #683 Posted: March 11, 2012, 09:33:59 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I'm picking this to be the running order for the year (midfield is gonna be extremely tight all year, which is good):

Red Bull (not by much)
McLaren
Mercedes
Lotus/Ferrari (pretty much equal)

Force India (regular points)
Sauber (regular points)
Williams/Torro Rosso/Catheram (occasional points)

Marussia
HRT

Button to outclass Hamilton, Massa to do terribly, Rosberg > Schumacher (again),  Di Resta/Hulkenburg to be the most interesting inter-team rivalry, Alonso to out-drive his car (for yet another season)

Gonna wait a couple of races to make a championship winner call, though. There are going to be a heap of drivers getting podiums, which is good

Reply #684 Posted: March 11, 2012, 10:31:28 pm

Offline simcore

• Addicted
  • simcore has no influence.
zomg, can we start a new thread for this season please?

Reply #685 Posted: March 11, 2012, 11:07:20 pm

@simcore
You Suck @ Counter-Strike

New Zealand\'s most capped WCG representative 2003-201

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
What's it matter?

Reply #686 Posted: March 12, 2012, 12:09:39 am

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Quote from: Speakman;1474520

Red Bull (not by much)
McLaren
Mercedes
Lotus/Ferrari (pretty much equal)

Force India (regular points)
Sauber (regular points)
Williams/Torro Rosso/Catheram (occasional points)

Marussia
HRT

I reckon Force India this year will be much like Mercedes last year, where they weren't front runners, but they weren't mid field either, basically just running by themselves. Only picking for them to knocking on the door of the front runners a bit better than the what the mercs did.

To be honest I just can't wait for the start of the season, its shaping up to be a damn good year. Don't think ive been this excited about the start of an F1 season since Senna moved to Williams.

Reply #687 Posted: March 12, 2012, 12:58:09 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: simcore;1474526
zomg, can we start a new thread for this season please?

We like to see how wrong Tofu was last season.

Reply #688 Posted: March 12, 2012, 08:02:56 am

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
http://predictor.autosport.com

Go sign up and make your predictions. Nice little comp to enhance each race. Made a league for GetSome for anyone thats interested, link below.

http://predictor.autosport.com/league/join/code/e7161cd11173b97a22a04912e4ef074c    

After actually going through and placing who I thought will finish 1 through 10, I realized I really have no clue for the first race. Went for safety first with Vettel winning, but have Alonso 2nd and Shcuey 3rd. Still hopeful that both Ferrari and Merc have really down played their car in testing. Plus ive got $20 on Shcuey winning the championship lol with a return of $400.

Reply #689 Posted: March 13, 2012, 05:36:02 pm

Offline Speakman

Hamilton pole, button p2.

Button for the win? I'm thinking so, I don't think the Mercedes' or the Lotus' have the race pace to match McLaren just yet, and the Red Bulls will get through by the end of the race.

I'm picking two McLarens and a Red Bull on the podium, with Button first

Any other takers on tomorrows race?

Reply #690 Posted: March 18, 2012, 01:58:02 am

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
The Mercs and Lotus are meant to be the easiest on the tyres, so it should be a really close race. Button to win, Schuey 2nd Ham 3rd.

Will be great to watch the likes of Raikonnen coming through the field and Rosberg putting pressure on the guys in front after making a mistake in qualifying.  

So far my money on Schuey and Merc for the championship isn't looking too bad at all :D

Reply #691 Posted: March 18, 2012, 01:48:57 pm

Offline Speakman

Quote from: Speakman;1475665
I'm picking two McLarens and a Red Bull on the podium, with Button first

Nailed it. $10 on Button winning at $3.50 ftw

Reply #692 Posted: March 18, 2012, 10:32:47 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Pyro could've been right had Schuey finished the race.

Reply #693 Posted: March 19, 2012, 09:46:49 pm

Offline Zenith

• Just settled in
  • Zenith has no influence.
Was nice to have it on at prime time.  I had lost interest in F1 since it went to sky.  
Looks like there could be some competition this season.  
Be interesting to see how the DRS system works out.  A copy of the A1GP power boost, except they had reference engines so is a good way of doing it with aeros.  Quite gimmicky thou.  Should just give them a nitro canister each of a set size, then when they use it they risk blowing the engine as well.

Reply #694 Posted: March 19, 2012, 10:28:25 pm
 (Until I find a current one...)

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #695 Posted: March 21, 2012, 06:24:46 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

You need to explain that Spork.

Reply #696 Posted: March 21, 2012, 08:07:02 pm

Offline Speakman

any bets on when Massa will get sacked?

Reply #697 Posted: March 24, 2012, 12:04:36 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Sometime this season, sooner rather than later I'd say.

I heard Kubica is a possibility?

Reply #698 Posted: March 24, 2012, 12:37:32 pm

Offline Speakman

Perez is a Ferrari young driver and has tested With them, although he probably needs a bit more experience first. Jules Bianchi is probably in the same boat, they released him to Force India to get some friday practice running

Ferrari would definitely be wise to wait for Kubica to be ready, then fling Massa into orbit. Doesn't help that their car is still shit though

Reply #699 Posted: March 24, 2012, 01:05:03 pm