Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
I feel for the irish

they got a blind ref

just like when Barnsey missed the forward pass in the ABs vs France Semi

i think a lot of refs (no matter what the code is) are afraid to make the big calls

Reply #275 Posted: November 20, 2009, 02:05:53 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1022226
Ce sont des conneries.

Tu me fais chier. Un con, une conasse.

Stop apologising for him.

He cheated and knew what he had done (as he admitted after the game) so he is un morceau de merde; putain de merde!; and if you think it was accidental then vous avez le cervau d'un sandwich au fromage.

It was a despicable piece of play. He should have owned up at the time and now he will have to live with being branded a cheat.

Léche moi et fait moi jouir.
Mes couilles sur ton nez.

After reading your posts about this incident I am beginning to fear the Rob Muldoon was correct about New Zealanders who move to Oz raise the IQ of both countries.

The fact that you can speak.. French I guess interests me highly, but it is like telling a deaf person a secret.

Reply #276 Posted: November 20, 2009, 03:53:15 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: maorifulla;1022378
I feel for the irish

they got a blind ref

just like when Barnsey missed the forward pass in the ABs vs France Semi

i think a lot of refs (no matter what the code is) are afraid to make the big calls

i think saying hte ref was blind is a bit rough - from where the ref was he couldnt see it because there was at least one irish player in the way.

however one solution that i have heard being used for uefa matches is having another official on the goal line. if they had an official on the goal line then i doubt whether henry got away with it.

Reply #277 Posted: November 20, 2009, 04:07:03 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
  • Baffled has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1022441
The fact that you can speak.. French I guess interests me highly, but it is like telling a deaf person a secret.

You could just write the secret down, deaf people can read ya know.

Either what PH said or they need a TV ref that can review and talk to ref. Its useless how such blatant mistakes can happen in such an important game.

Reply #278 Posted: November 20, 2009, 04:09:21 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Spork;1022441

haha my French knowledge is un petite but Googling French insults was a joy ;)

Reply #279 Posted: November 20, 2009, 04:21:49 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1022462
haha my French knowledge is un petite but Googling French insults was a joy ;)

Fair enough.

I think if a video ref was brought into it, and each captain or manager was allowed to chose a maximum of two moments during each game from which they can challenge the ref, then that would rule out a lot of these huge mistakes that happen in almost every game.

Although I do not believe that this will happen, or at least not for a few more years now, as at least the English FA have this whole 'respect' thing going at the moment, which means people have to show the refs 'respect' even when they make the worst decisions that anyone could ever make.

Reply #280 Posted: November 21, 2009, 04:43:50 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
just limit it to goals that are not without doubt. Simple.

Leave all other aspects of the game as it is.

TH, what a disgrace, he will cop alot of shit in SA next year, espesh if they make it along way through the tournament.

Reply #281 Posted: November 21, 2009, 04:46:22 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Growler;1023142
just limit it to goals that are not without doubt. Simple.

Leave all other aspects of the game as it is.

TH, what a disgrace, he will cop alot of shit in SA next year, espesh if they make it along way through the tournament.

Limit what?

The only decisions that the video ref would be allowed to make is penalties, and the ball going over the goal line.

Reply #282 Posted: November 21, 2009, 05:08:31 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Nah not even penalties.

Just on a goal. Dont go over complcating and fucking up a game that is good the way it is. All they need is a eye on the goal.

Reply #283 Posted: November 21, 2009, 06:30:35 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Growler;1023199
Nah not even penalties.

Just on a goal. Dont go over complcating and fucking up a game that is good the way it is. All they need is a eye on the goal.

Most people who talk about video refs have your exact view on what should be challenged. I do see the point, but I also think that penalties are the most controversial moments in almost every match.

However, I do also like the way it is at the moment, as even though there is sometimes moments where the ref stuffs up, that is how it is, and that is a part of the game, and well Arsenal tend to get lucky with most opportunities when a wrong decision is made.

Reply #284 Posted: November 21, 2009, 07:46:03 pm

Offline Growler

You have to feel sorry for Ireland though, to lose, like that, and to miss out on the WC.

Reply #285 Posted: November 21, 2009, 10:28:12 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Growler;1023314
You have to feel sorry for Ireland though, to lose, like that, and to miss out on the WC.

I would, but am used to it, what with how Aus were knocked out of the actual World Cup to Italy, who dove in a way that ronaldo, drogba, gerard, and eboue would be proud of.

[video]cS6Wqt00gTc[/video]

Reply #286 Posted: November 21, 2009, 11:36:43 pm

henno

Quote from: Spork;1023348
I would, but am used to it, what with how Aus were knocked out of the actual World Cup to Italy, who dove in a way that ronaldo, drogba, gerard, and eboue would be proud of.

I'm confused video seems to show a clumsy tacke turning into a deliberate foul

Reply #287 Posted: November 22, 2009, 12:27:15 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
The guy walked into the Aussie guys body, easily could have avoided it, and if you can avoid it, then in my opinion, it should not be a penalty.

Anyway, just watching the Liverpool - City game, reasonably boring so far, Liverpool lost two to injuries by the 15th minute. 6 Minutes of injury time at the end of the half and that is about it.

Gerard looks to be disappointed, even when they were waiting in the corridor before the game he looked unhappy.

Reply #288 Posted: November 22, 2009, 02:39:46 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Well that sucks, completely outplayed by Sunderland, they defended like crazy, intercepted almost all of Arsenal's passes. They deserved the win.

Reply #289 Posted: November 22, 2009, 03:24:46 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
GO SPURS!

Reply #290 Posted: November 23, 2009, 07:50:49 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Footballers get far too much money.

Bloody Theo Walcott is on £60,000-a-week! How crazy is that? He is 21 I think.. Seriously, how is that even possible, he hasn't even done anything wonderful (yet).

Reply #291 Posted: November 25, 2009, 02:03:14 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Chelsea 5 points clear at the top.

Big game this weekend!! Arsenal looking down the barrel of losing twice in a row in the epl.

Looking forward to this game.

Reply #292 Posted: November 25, 2009, 07:28:51 am

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Spork;1023544
Well that sucks, completely outplayed by Sunderland,

Sunderland are not to be underestimated. After all, they have won an FA Cup.

:finger:  <- For all you Leeds supporters.

Reply #293 Posted: November 25, 2009, 10:31:49 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Lol Tottenham

Reply #294 Posted: November 25, 2009, 11:39:42 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Go Chelsea this weekend

asking alot to win @ Emirates..

It pretty awesome that Wigan Athletic going to refund fans that travelled to see the 9-1 loss..

Reply #295 Posted: November 25, 2009, 06:33:21 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: TofuEater;1024972
Sunderland are not to be underestimated. After all, they have won an FA Cup.

Yea, they only need a couple more good players and they could be really good. However, still sucks to lose to any team who aren't top 4 contenders. :P

Quote from: R3DM@N;1025266
Go Chelsea this weekend

asking alot to win @ Emirates..

It pretty awesome that Wigan Athletic going to refund fans that travelled to see the 9-1 loss..

I think it is going to end 2-2, we will score ours first, you guys will come back, equalising in the...... 93rd and final minute.

Vermaelen, will score in the first 30 minutes from a Fabregas free kick, will be a low drive into the top left corner.

Eduardo will score

Drogba will score after breaking through the defence and chipping it over Almunia.. He always scores.

Lampard will equalise after literally picking up the ball and running into the net, but the ref wont see it. His excuse will be that he thought it was a hamburger.. Silly Fat Frank.

Reply #296 Posted: November 25, 2009, 08:59:28 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
That little Fabagas prick wont be running through us like he did with Tottenham thats for sure!

Reply #297 Posted: November 26, 2009, 10:29:34 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: R3DM@N;1025690
That little Fabagas prick wont be running through us like he did with Tottenham thats for sure!

He won't need to run, he will walk it right into the goals.

Some strange results from last night, good to see City, Villa and the Sours drawing.

Reply #298 Posted: November 29, 2009, 04:33:24 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Pants down for the Arse.3-0 to Chelsea.

Reply #299 Posted: November 30, 2009, 07:39:07 am