Topic: Rugby - This, That and Everything

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Someone is making a killing off those Tongan and Samoan flags in Auckland .
I am pretty excited about the comp but the ticket pricing was way out of my league. $135 for the cheap seats at AB's vs Tonga.A couple of my mates flagged tickets and used the money to buy new TVs. I am going down to the cloud to take in a game and a band at some stage.Might as well make the  most of it while its on.

Reply #250 Posted: September 07, 2011, 06:52:36 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Not the expected team for the opener-

Israel Dagg, Richard Kahui, Ma'a Nonu, Sonny Bill Williams, Isaia Toeava, Dan Carter, Jimmy Cowan, Victor Vito, Richie McCaw (capt), Jerome Kaino, Ali Williams, Brad Thorn, Owen Franks, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Corey Flynn, Ben Franks, Anthony Boric, Sam Whitelock, Piri Weepu, Colin Slade, Cory Jane

Be interesting how they go though.Could be devastating if Nonu and SBW gel in the midfield.

Reply #251 Posted: September 07, 2011, 08:33:47 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
I really like the team myself, bit of size out on the wings. I actually like Kahui on the wing as well

Looks like there are a lot of players who are gonna be getting some game time in

Im glad they have gone with an almost 100% full strength side

Reply #252 Posted: September 07, 2011, 09:43:08 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
not worth risking some against those big Tongan boys!

Reply #253 Posted: September 07, 2011, 12:17:57 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
France -Samoa final.

^ I agree Growler. Woodcock's already on the way out!

Reply #254 Posted: September 07, 2011, 12:28:36 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Argentina & Samoa!

I want them to cause a few upsets

Reply #255 Posted: September 07, 2011, 12:35:19 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Anyone care to guess the AB's top 15?
Also Georgia to beat Scotland for a roughy at the TAB

Reply #256 Posted: September 07, 2011, 04:43:23 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Quote from: Growler;1418747
Argentina & Samoa!

I want them to cause a few upsets

yeah hard bro, im hoping the argys pull a one on the poms

Samoa and the pool of death will be epic

got me tickets to the fiji samoa game at eden park

Reply #257 Posted: September 08, 2011, 10:50:36 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
If there is a few upsets in the first couple of rounds there could be some hell games going on. Pool scoring system is the sane as super 15 so Bonus points might come into play.

Reply #258 Posted: September 08, 2011, 04:14:05 pm

Offline Growler

Pool B and D!  some fucking good games!

Reply #259 Posted: September 08, 2011, 05:50:09 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Is it madness appointing a guy with a history of depression the head coaching job of the Blues ?

Reply #260 Posted: July 17, 2012, 01:03:38 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
"groan"

Reply #261 Posted: July 17, 2012, 01:42:19 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spigalau;1494374
Is it madness appointing a guy with a history of depression the head coaching job of the Blues ?

He's in the right job.

Reply #262 Posted: July 17, 2012, 04:02:40 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #263 Posted: September 06, 2012, 09:00:34 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
^^ Looking forward to the game, should be very interesting

AB's by 13

Reply #264 Posted: September 07, 2012, 05:42:28 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
If Argentina win, Graham Henry better run for the hills.

Reply #265 Posted: September 07, 2012, 09:52:14 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
Those Pumas are a well coached side!

They will be a real force in a few years

Reply #266 Posted: September 11, 2012, 11:03:30 am

Offline Equity

• Addicted
  • Equity has no influence.
I dont think they will, not until they have a more professional domestic competition that can bring players through. From what I understand, correct me if Im wrong, the only professional rugby players are the pumas, the national team, no one else gets paid and they all have day jobs. Pretty hard to improve / recognise / bring forth new talent without the support there...

Reply #267 Posted: September 11, 2012, 11:56:50 am
"think c2w might be a little to hard core for my skills atm anyways"-Splatter

Offline hambam

• Just settled in
  • hambam has no influence.
what do you guys think about Steve Hansen replacing Julian Savea with Hosea Gear for the game against South Africa?

Reply #268 Posted: October 04, 2012, 08:33:29 pm

Offline Growler

Defensive stregth.

Reply #269 Posted: October 05, 2012, 02:02:26 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
Quote from: Growler;1504671
Defensive strength.

This and as Hansen said Savea has been busting his gut to get up to AB standards so he needs to refresh

Reply #270 Posted: October 05, 2012, 03:50:04 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
What a game of rugby!!

Holy shit that was some game, had to crack a couple of beers @ 8am to calm myself

Reply #271 Posted: October 06, 2013, 09:08:15 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Yeah that was a cracker.Everyone out on there feet at the end.

Reply #272 Posted: October 06, 2013, 09:54:43 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Fantastic Explanation of (not so) Forward Passes:

Reply #273 Posted: October 07, 2013, 10:53:00 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Reaper_Joe

• Devoted Member
  • Reaper_Joe has no influence.
Not long to go now

Reply #274 Posted: February 10, 2014, 07:04:57 pm