Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I like books, read all the time, at the moment I am reading about Richard Owen....... there you go Duck, history at its finest ;)

Reply #11525 Posted: December 06, 2011, 05:21:56 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1454054
I watch quite a bit of youtube and have yet to see an advertisement play before a video. The player isn't the video file itself. It calls the advertisement and the videos files separately, thus how you can easily snatch the video itself using a sniffer like orbit.
I know that. But the player is the only file you interface with. Flash then goes off and fetches the video file (and ads) circumventing your browser based ad blockers.

It can if you stop using adblock plus in chrome.
Turn off ad blocking to block ads?
Does not compute.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hc=search&hcp=main

Blocks all youtube video advertisements. It does not block out the whole video either. Adblock plus is no where near as effective as I use adblock plus at work since we don't use chrome.

oic.

Adblock is nowhere near as advanced as adblockplus in firefox, I don't use chrome.
chrome must have some fancy way of wrangling flash to be able to support that.

Reply #11526 Posted: December 06, 2011, 05:36:16 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I have an adblocky thingy installed in firefox which I never pay any attention to i.e configure or anything. I have never seen an advert at the start of an oohtoob clip

Reply #11527 Posted: December 06, 2011, 05:42:47 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1454075
"What's that?"
"My penis..."

Kids are great. So inquisitive.

WUT!

Reply #11528 Posted: December 06, 2011, 05:55:19 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: 5tacK;1454091
Adblock(plus) doesn't work unless you have a Filter subscription.

Which is about as usefull as using the latest version of Firefox without the latest Flash ;)

Am subscribed to Easylist.

Also it works without a subscription, but you gotta configure it manually. Not worth the time.
And firefox != flash. It does so much more. Poor analogy. Also, not having flash seldom ever impacts on my interwebs experience. Adblock does make a difference.

Just doesn't seem to block youtube ads like 2 people have claimed.
HTML5 version of youtube though, no ads. No problem.

Has Tuesday night maintenance become Wednesday night maintenance I wonder?

NOTICE Tomorrow we are performing some maintenance on all platforms including Battlelog in preparation for Karkand and upcoming updates. Therefore all services will be down between 9:00 CET and 13:00 CET.
Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:38:10 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #11529 Posted: December 06, 2011, 05:57:37 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Maintenance is happening now. so definitely Tuesday! (and I was on a roll too)

Reply #11530 Posted: December 06, 2011, 09:06:17 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #11531 Posted: December 06, 2011, 11:06:21 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
It's not about attention 5tack, i get enough of that outside cyberspace.
It's about just cheqwing the fat, talking shit and detracting from conversations about youtube.

glad I hooked you in and that you care enough to spend time making a nice picture for me.
You're such a sweety xxx

lol pyroman, i know! "Wut" indeed! XD

Reply #11532 Posted: December 07, 2011, 09:05:57 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Codex

Reply #11533 Posted: December 07, 2011, 01:51:25 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:56:25 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #11534 Posted: December 07, 2011, 06:28:05 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Why is this pyro guy so bad at internet. Adblock has always blocked youtube ads for me. And I don't even have a subscription.

Reply #11535 Posted: December 07, 2011, 08:05:55 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: toofast;1454483
Why is this pyro guy so bad at internet. Adblock has always blocked youtube ads for me. And I don't even have a subscription.

lolwut.

Reply #11536 Posted: December 07, 2011, 08:44:44 pm

Codex

Quote from: Pyromanik;1454495
lolwut.

The standard ad block in chorme (Not the plus one by a different author) has a default sub it adds without the user doing anything. You can add additional subs though.

Reply #11537 Posted: December 08, 2011, 09:34:24 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
http://news.taume.com/Science/Health/violent-video-games-alter-brain-function-in-young-men-21892

Using functional MRI, researchers have found that playing violent video games for one week causes changes in brain function.
    The brain regions affected by violent video game play are associated with cognitive function and emotional control.
    The change in brain function was reduced after game play was discontinued for a week.

I knew there was a reason I gave them up :P

Reply #11538 Posted: December 08, 2011, 10:23:27 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
There brain was probably stimulated for a change ;)

The part of the brain they are talking about is also the smallest part, and also the hardest to 'rewire' as such. You don't just play video games for a week and become a psychotic killer ;)
Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:55:15 pm by Growler

Reply #11539 Posted: December 08, 2011, 12:52:18 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted

Reply #11540 Posted: December 08, 2011, 03:20:40 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Codex;1454579
The standard ad block in chorme (Not the plus one by a different author) has a default sub it adds without the user doing anything. You can add additional subs though.

yeah I saw that. So basically you do have a subscription, it's just there automatically.
Also, not everybody uses chrome.

Reply #11542 Posted: December 08, 2011, 05:43:27 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
When I said I had no sub, I meant I had no sub.  What i have is pretty much all the obvious adsites blocked with dynamic filters. For example for youtube i have:

|http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/*
|http://s0.2mdn.net/*

Setting up dynamic filters takes a minute at most, and gives you 100% control.

Also just watched my first youtube ad. Weird experience.

Reply #11543 Posted: December 08, 2011, 06:06:02 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: toofast;1454775
Also just watched my first youtube ad. Weird experience.

So what you're saying is that it doesn't work, and you've just never watched a video that's had an ad on it before?

Reply #11544 Posted: December 08, 2011, 06:16:25 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Quote from: Pyromanik;1454778
So what you're saying is that it doesn't work, and you've just never watched a video that's had an ad on it before?

I meant that in the sense, i turned my adblock off, to see how much filtering those filters did, and i got an ad.

Reply #11545 Posted: December 08, 2011, 06:25:13 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #11546 Posted: December 08, 2011, 06:26:31 pm

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.

Reply #11547 Posted: December 08, 2011, 10:03:24 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Oh Dennis c was fun java is such a cunt

please haunt java devs

Reply #11548 Posted: December 08, 2011, 10:09:01 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Codex;1454077
Herpderp

How does it block the videos at the start of other videos? / tell me how so I can do it too..

Reply #11549 Posted: December 08, 2011, 10:32:53 pm