Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Had one of the best craps in a long time.

Just thought I'd share that.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Reply #16350 Posted: January 28, 2013, 12:40:15 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1516158
I believe they're called drumsticks.
One uses them to... play drums.

There are different types of sticks:

7a (what I play) is a thinner, lighter stick - I used to roll with 5bs but I found that I would notice the extra weight when moving around my kit - used to strain my shoulders more
5b - the medium stick, good balance between weight and size, most drummers use some variant of a 5b
2a/b - the heavier stick - a bigger stick, used by people who hit hard (and trash their sets/cymbals) or by people who like the heavier stick
Marching sticks - Heavier still.

So why Heavier? Heavier sticks mean more rebound and volume, at the higher end of drumming, it is more about using the rebound of the stick to do most of the work, and your body is just controlling the rebound. the flip side is they take more effort to move around a kit - so for a marching drumming who isn't having to move around his rack toms/cymbals and mainly plays on a single surface - the heavier stick is an advantage.

however playing big sticks on an ordinary kit will lead to cracked cymbals (and when a good cymbal is $500-800 a crack will make you cry) cracked rims (not as expensive, unless you have a high end kit) or drum heads ($40 - $100 a head, if you are denting them/splitting them it gets expensive)

Reply #16351 Posted: January 28, 2013, 08:38:52 am

Codex

Reply #16352 Posted: January 28, 2013, 09:02:02 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1516177
Drum nerd

My Drum kit brings all the Girls to the Yard
And they are like:
Its bigger than yours

Reply #16353 Posted: January 28, 2013, 09:25:01 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I started playing FF13 again in the weekend.

Second time round is a lot more enjoyable (I gave up first time because it was boring ~8-9hrs).

Knowing what to expect has made the game a shit load better.

Am I a bad person?

Reply #16354 Posted: January 28, 2013, 09:40:32 am

Codex

No, just a confused person

Once you leave that part of the world it's much better :P

Reply #16355 Posted: January 28, 2013, 09:49:06 am

Obble

Quote from: Codex;1516177
Drum nerd

He might hit you with a 2b, id watch out if i was your cat.

Reply #16356 Posted: January 28, 2013, 09:58:41 am

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.

Reply #16357 Posted: January 28, 2013, 02:00:26 pm

Codex

Quote from: Obble;1516181
He might hit you with a 2b, id watch out if i was your cat.

2b or not 2b...

Also

Today sucks

._.

Reply #16358 Posted: January 28, 2013, 02:29:58 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Less than 2hrs left. Can only be a good thing.

Reply #16359 Posted: January 28, 2013, 02:31:02 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Obble

Quote from: Codex;1516188
2b or not 2b...

Also

Today sucks

._.

Auckland day is awesome, wanna fight.

Reply #16360 Posted: January 28, 2013, 02:47:36 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Xenolightning;1516189
Less than 2hrs left. Can only be a good thing.

No.

Clients wanting shit last minute today because they failed to get me content in a timely manner.

Reply #16361 Posted: January 28, 2013, 02:53:07 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Quote from: Obble;1516190
Auckland day is awesome, wanna fight.

Fuck yeh it is.

Reply #16362 Posted: January 28, 2013, 02:54:09 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Go Auckland Day

Sitting out side in the wonderful sun. Eating pancakes.

Reply #16363 Posted: January 28, 2013, 03:01:52 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
Quote from: Retardobot;1516191
No.

Clients wanting shit last minute today because they failed to get me content in a timely manner.

Work with better clients

<-----

:D

Reply #16364 Posted: January 28, 2013, 03:07:59 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I come back to make yet another post in this thread, because it seems this is where all the activity is.

Anyone else's Random images thread fucking erp? It says there's 672 pages from the General Chat board and 651 when I try load the last page / the 672nd page, which results in an error of "too many redirects".

The only way to see the whimsical and whacky images are to find what really was the last page number. (628?)

Plz help guiys im scared

Reply #16365 Posted: January 28, 2013, 04:11:20 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...

Reply #16366 Posted: January 28, 2013, 04:13:29 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #16367 Posted: January 28, 2013, 04:28:58 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
It's because of hidden chilli posts I believe, combined with spoony adminning.

Reply #16368 Posted: January 28, 2013, 04:39:59 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer

Reply #16369 Posted: January 28, 2013, 04:56:23 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I keep having to test to see if there's another page. This irks me.

And with such post, he creates another page :<
FEEL MY PAIN!

Reply #16370 Posted: January 28, 2013, 05:30:45 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
I too are confussled, best we just ban chilli.

Reply #16371 Posted: January 28, 2013, 06:03:47 pm

Offline Chilli

• Addicted
  • Chilli has no influence.
Quote from: Emrico1;1516204
I too are confussled, best we just ban chilli.

For someone that has me on their ignore list you sure wanna keep squeezing my ass dont you

You want the missing pages bishes... come get them!

Reply #16372 Posted: January 28, 2013, 06:54:56 pm
♣ Free Tampons ♣

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #16373 Posted: January 28, 2013, 07:22:39 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Obble

Reply #16374 Posted: January 28, 2013, 07:24:31 pm