Topic: Gareth Morgan and Cats

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Domestic cats which haven't been desexed are an issue. I agree with you on that part.

I'm pretty sure the SPCA will always desex their cats before giving them away.

Reply #50 Posted: January 24, 2013, 09:09:39 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1515903
I'm pretty sure the SPCA will always desex their cats before giving them away.

This is true. I overlooked this part.

Reply #51 Posted: January 24, 2013, 09:16:19 am

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...
desexed or not, they will still kill

Reply #52 Posted: January 24, 2013, 10:40:32 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
The thing is, trying to ban all cats is fruitless, people just love cats (and dogs) too much for that to ever happen, ever.

People like Gareth Morgan will only cause people to get angry, and wont help at all with the cat problem. It will make it worse as it will increase the division between cat owners and people who see them as a pest.

What needs to happen is for people to work together and reach a common soloution.

Reply #53 Posted: January 24, 2013, 10:48:21 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
OMG.

Blackmarket for cats? People start meeting in dark alley ways to buy cats.

People are just dumb as shit and ill informed when it comes to acquiring pets.

Reply #54 Posted: January 24, 2013, 11:02:26 am

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
Gareth Morgan isn't exactly an expert on conservation, nor saying intelligent things according to his latest gaffe.

Less cats means more rodents. Cats have been kept to kill rodents in the past. In my old place my cat demolished the local mouse population and that's with a bell. I moved to my new home 2 years ago and the little huntress murderer has managed to kill one giant rat. Note that this is from the evidence that I have seen.

Reply #55 Posted: January 24, 2013, 12:24:51 pm
- badfox

Newspaper says rats kill more birds then cats.

Reply #56 Posted: January 24, 2013, 01:41:12 pm

Codex

Interesting all of this discussion about cats killing, the most i've ever had dead on my property was a sparrow or two over the past 8 years lol cat barely leaves the house

I do agree that they should be registered or chipped at least and desexed for sure. And comparing cats to stoats and ferrets or possums seems a bit redundant in a way, yes they kill a shit load more, same with rats too, BUT we don't have the same amount of them as pets... next to none compared to cats really.

I do love my cats :3 but I do see the need for regulation also

Reply #57 Posted: January 24, 2013, 02:09:20 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
cant ban cats, then how will kiwis make hilarious cat videos?

Reply #58 Posted: January 24, 2013, 04:13:20 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1515930
Interesting all of this discussion about cats killing, the most i've ever had dead on my property was a sparrow or two over the past 8 years lol cat barely leaves the house

You keep your cats too high to hunt

Reply #59 Posted: January 24, 2013, 06:48:54 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Codex

'tis true

Cat's high as a mother fucker

So much catnip

Reply #60 Posted: January 24, 2013, 07:34:27 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
if the tvnz kiwi can have a pet cat, i fucking can too.

Reply #61 Posted: January 24, 2013, 07:38:28 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
  • smegmacheese has no influence.
This was something I read about ages ago at university which helped change my views on cats.  I still love pet cats, but ferals must die.  Same as rats, dogs, and stoats which we used to stomp as kids, and possums which got spotlighted and bashed in the head...ugh many more..Some exaggeration in this story below...But BAD TIBBLES BAD!

A lighthouse keeper's cat, "Tibbles", is known for killing all Stephens Island Wrens and causing the extinction of the species in 1894.  While the species was killed off by the lighthouse personnel's cats, which had gone feral, this happened not in 1894, and the island was only the last refuge of the bird, which had become extinct on the mainland many centuries earlier due to Polynesian rat predation

Reply #62 Posted: January 24, 2013, 08:32:54 pm

Offline winfieldsaregoo

• Devoted Member
  • winfieldsaregoo has no influence.
just remove people from nz and let it go back to how it was that sounds like a reasonable thing to do. And if you get rid of all the cats you would have a mass increase of rats that would do far more damge than any domestic cat would.

Reply #63 Posted: January 24, 2013, 09:09:38 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1515897
Any dickhead will pick up a cat from the SPCA or one from a friend or Aunty whose cat happened to have a litter, not bother about getting it desexed and let it breed thinking "OMG CUTE, LOOK AT DA KITTYS".

Domestic cats are an issue as much as wild cats.

All animals get desexed at the SPCA.

Reply #64 Posted: January 25, 2013, 12:05:28 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

Reply #65 Posted: January 25, 2013, 07:46:01 am

Quote from: smegmacheese;1515951
This was something I read about ages ago at university which helped change my views on cats.  I still love pet cats, but ferals must die.  Same as rats, dogs, and stoats which we used to stomp as kids, and possums which got spotlighted and bashed in the head...ugh many more..Some exaggeration in this story below...But BAD TIBBLES BAD!

A lighthouse keeper's cat, "Tibbles", is known for killing all Stephens Island Wrens and causing the extinction of the species in 1894.  While the species was killed off by the lighthouse personnel's cats, which had gone feral, this happened not in 1894, and the island was only the last refuge of the bird, which had become extinct on the mainland many centuries earlier due to Polynesian rat predation

So pretty much if we had cats many centuries earlier to kill all the Polynesian rats, we would still have the birds today.

Reply #66 Posted: January 25, 2013, 08:22:13 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Pyromanik;1515966
All animals get desexed at the SPCA.

Yes, I know. Monkey already pointed this out and I conceded due to memory derp.

Reply #67 Posted: January 25, 2013, 10:38:15 am

Quote from: Retardobot;1516001
Yes, I know. Monkey already pointed this out and I conceded due to memory derp.

Must have been a result of that time you got desexed at the SPCA.

Reply #68 Posted: January 25, 2013, 10:43:21 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

That'd explain the slight kink.

I say slight kink but it's more of a perfect right angle.

Reply #69 Posted: January 25, 2013, 11:33:47 am

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
i have no issue with regulation that requires all cats/dogs to be desexed unless kept by bona fide breeder for that purpose.

Reply #70 Posted: January 25, 2013, 04:36:36 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'd love for breeders to be kept under very close scrutiny.

Most of them are scum.

Reply #71 Posted: January 25, 2013, 09:12:01 pm

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
  • smegmacheese has no influence.
Breeders are only here for our women.  I watched this movie, don't.

Reply #72 Posted: January 25, 2013, 09:24:10 pm

Offline Chilli

• Addicted
  • Chilli has no influence.
Morgan needs to start liking pussy instead of ......

Reply #73 Posted: January 25, 2013, 10:58:53 pm
♣ Free Tampons ♣

Reply #74 Posted: January 31, 2013, 01:23:56 pm