Topic: Apple unveils iOS7

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Finally the great Jony Ive has been unleashed to take over iOS design. Looks like its been given its first major overhaul since 2007.

Frankly, iOS while functional, was very ugly before so am very much looking forward to this update.

Posted: June 11, 2013, 08:55:56 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
inb4 Apple users are bunch of down syndrome herpes aids chlymydia infected cum guzzling lepers who take it up the bum.

Reply #1 Posted: June 11, 2013, 08:58:05 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I'm loving this. This new design is enough to make me consider it as my next phone purchase.

I didn't like iOS before, I found the shiny 3d effects on everything annoying. But this new design looks clean and sharp. I like.

Reply #2 Posted: June 11, 2013, 09:05:40 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Looks like a mac.

hue hue

Reply #3 Posted: June 11, 2013, 09:09:36 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
While I like the Windows Phone visual style, service wise it's a piece of shit. MS still hasn't got Xbox music working correctly on Windows Phone, and I know they never will.

What is iTunes radio like?

Reply #4 Posted: June 11, 2013, 09:25:11 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
it works.

looks like they are trying to androidise the style, which aint a bad thing.

Still wating for them to release a mid level iphone

Reply #5 Posted: June 11, 2013, 10:09:39 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Quote from: Growler;1526760

Android has no style.

Reply #6 Posted: June 11, 2013, 10:15:14 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

it works.

Still wating for them to release a mid level iphone

What do you want in a 'mid level' iPhone, that is different from simply buying the previous years model?

Reply #7 Posted: June 11, 2013, 12:14:08 pm

Take Marty to Vet

Reply #8 Posted: June 11, 2013, 12:32:41 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Do you guys remember Tasha? She lived in the floor above us in freshman year

Reply #9 Posted: June 11, 2013, 12:48:42 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Wow! How is she?

Reply #10 Posted: June 11, 2013, 03:44:18 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Great...She says

zzzzzzzzz

Reply #11 Posted: June 11, 2013, 04:28:52 pm

For current iPhone users, how good is Siri? Does it cope with the NZ accent? or does it fail?

Reply #12 Posted: June 11, 2013, 04:30:22 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Siri's understanding of NZ accent is far far superior than when she was first released. I remember giving up on it a few days after getting my iPhone 4S, but now I use it all the time for sending text messages and setting reminders. Its so much easier to say "at 5 o clock on tuesday remind me to have a fap' than to manually select the date/time etc. She rarely gets it wrong these days.

Its especially useful when using the Cydia tweak 'Hands Free Control'. You just say Siri/Hal/Computer or whatever to open up Siri. So I can send txts etc without touching the phone.

Shown in this video by unnecessarily clear voice man:

Reply #13 Posted: June 11, 2013, 04:52:15 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

I also thought the same.

Apple: it's ok for us to copy you, but we'll sue you for having a semi-similar-ish style.

It's kinda like a halfway between Android and Windows 8.

Reply #14 Posted: June 11, 2013, 06:19:18 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1526812
I also thought the same.

Apple: it's ok for us to copy you, but we'll sue you for having a semi-similar-ish style.

It's kinda like a halfway between Android and Windows 8.
Agree. It's very "Metro" theme-esque.

In saying that, it's nice. I hate the current iOS look and feel, but this is nice. WD Apple, but WTF were you think with the Mac Pro?!!

Reply #15 Posted: June 11, 2013, 08:40:45 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Quote from: Xenolightning;1526831
Agree. It's very "Metro" theme-esque.

In saying that, it's nice. I hate the current iOS look and feel, but this is nice. WD Apple, but WTF were you think with the Mac Pro?!!

Seriously!? Have you had a good look at this thing?

http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

Reply #16 Posted: June 11, 2013, 08:51:24 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1526832
Seriously!? Have you had a good look at this thing?

http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

Yeah I went through the whole page; absolutely no quarrels with the hardware. But really... A cylinder; you could do the same/very similar thing with a rectangle, and then put something on it, or fit it in a shelf.

Reply #17 Posted: June 11, 2013, 09:01:43 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline BerG

• Terminator

.....right.............

Reply #18 Posted: June 11, 2013, 09:04:40 pm

Offline Scream

• Devoted Member
  • Scream has no influence.
Apple users are bunch of down syndrome herpes aids chlymydia infected cum guzzling lepers who take it up the bum.

Reply #19 Posted: June 11, 2013, 11:33:23 pm
I have too many usernames.. look at my linked accounts haha.

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Make a 5" screen already.

Reply #20 Posted: June 11, 2013, 11:54:46 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Hopefully Galaxy's success will force them to make a few different screen sizes.

Reply #21 Posted: June 12, 2013, 06:54:40 am

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Quote from: Xenolightning;1526833
A cylinder; you could do the same/very similar thing with a rectangle, and then put something on it, or fit it in a shelf.

A cylinder should improve airflow if nothing else. You dont see any rectangle shaped jet engines.

Reply #22 Posted: June 12, 2013, 10:19:58 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Good to see they are wanting to go back to the quirky days of the Cube.

Sad that thing fell into obscurity and only sought after by Mac fans.

Reply #23 Posted: June 12, 2013, 10:23:46 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: PrinceTuiTeka;1526870
A cylinder should improve airflow if nothing else. You dont see any rectangle shaped jet engines.

Only the worlds safest passenger jet!   oh do you still see these?

Reply #24 Posted: June 12, 2013, 11:43:58 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!