Poll

How Long

She wont survive the night.
0 (0%)
Its thermonucular.
3 (37.5%)
Judging by the size of her centrifugal force, I'd estimate a week.
3 (37.5%)
Are you kidding? Fisher & Paykel are now Chinese made therefore indestructible!
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Topic: How long will the Fisher & Paykel ED56 survive?

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
I had visitors the other day who told me my clothing being covered in mud, sweat, and the blood of various animals I have conquered was offensive and suggested I 'wash' them.

After pulling them from the stream I was trying to find a way to dry them when I found this electronic drying device in a room in my house I did not know existed.

I put them in and turned it on to discover it makes a noise when turning in one direction only.

I like to keep many manly things in my house, and in particular around the clothes drying device. So its very important that there is no fire hazard. Is this terminal? Should I fix it immediately or keep using it until it completely stops working? I dont want to waste money if it will survive another 6 months. But I certaintly dont want it to go the way of the Savaday 400 or the Phillips PD-90.

Posted: June 14, 2013, 06:19:28 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
The locking mechanism on our samsung front loader washing machine, a very common locking mechanism used  on many front loader appliances burned out spectacularly in what I can really only describe as thermo nuclear.

It actually melted itself into the locked position, we had to open the machine (not easy because they used screws made of cheese) and break the locking mechanism off from the inside to get the trapped clothes out, the actual breaking was easy because the melting had weakened the plastic.

But there is an excellent burn mark up the inside of the machine, it was genuinely lucky that it didn't burn the garage down, another 5cm of flames up the wall and the main circuit board would almost definitely have caught on fire.

I purchased a new locking mechanism, installed it, but alas it must have taken out some other control circuit when the original burned out, cause it's fucked now.

Reply #1 Posted: June 14, 2013, 09:03:20 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Well placed items.

Dryer use to do this, from memory it was the bearings on the rollers that spin the drum, or could have been the actual plastic rollers themselves breaking down.

You could try taking the back off and having a look for anything obvious like that, the makita will assist you.

Reply #2 Posted: June 14, 2013, 09:22:22 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Sometimes the belt drive will squeak/squeal as well.

Reply #3 Posted: June 15, 2013, 01:51:46 am

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
When I was a whipper snapper my father fixed one of these devil machines and stole one of my speed metal skateboard bearings to do it!

Pissed off I was.

Relevance=no idea.

Reply #4 Posted: June 15, 2013, 08:39:31 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Is the dryer behind the Empire magazine? I couldn't see it behind all that awesomeness.

Reply #5 Posted: June 15, 2013, 01:32:34 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
For gods sake man, turn wrinkle guard on!

Reply #6 Posted: June 15, 2013, 02:54:45 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: deanox;1527149
When I was a whipper snapper my father fixed one of these devil machines and stole one of my speed metal skateboard bearings to do it!

Are you saying this device is a potential ball bearing and nail filled boston bomb?

Thanks for all your help, but it appears we have only further angered the machine.

Approx 6 hours ago I turned it on, on an extra dry cycle. When I came home just now, the device was still running but with no lights showing on the dash. I tried pressing the stop and power buttons to no avail. Just as I was beginning to panic, I managed to unplug it at the wall and the beast shut down.

What is the cause of this madness? Have I angered the sprits?

Note the drum turning with no lights on on the dash.

Reply #7 Posted: June 20, 2013, 09:16:16 am

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Can it do this Berg ?

Reply #8 Posted: June 20, 2013, 09:38:57 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Berg - I dont normally go down this avanue, but I dont think we should discount possession by a demonic entity.

Hope you bought the extended warranty - exorcisms can be costly.

I think most F&P washers sing little tunes when you hold down a series of keys.
Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:54:44 am by PrinceTuiTeka

Reply #9 Posted: June 20, 2013, 09:52:07 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Quote from: Spigalau;1527466
Can it do this Berg ?

WTF!?

Reply #10 Posted: June 20, 2013, 11:32:42 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
#like

Reply #11 Posted: June 20, 2013, 01:24:25 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
And thus dawns the age of mp3 enabled whiteware.

Reply #12 Posted: June 20, 2013, 04:58:46 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Fast forward to two minutes for the lolz.

Reply #13 Posted: June 20, 2013, 05:44:56 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Berg reveals once again his lack of empathy with machines of every kind.

Hope you are flying twin engine now for everyone's sake.

Reply #14 Posted: June 20, 2013, 07:36:01 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Zarkov;1527523
Berg reveals once again his lack of empathy with machines of every kind.

Hope you are flying twin engine now for everyone's sake.

Enjoy it while it lasts, empathy towards robots will be induced like vitamins after they take over.

Reply #15 Posted: June 20, 2013, 10:30:43 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

We'll be seeing robots take over mainstream everyday jobs before they take over passenger carrying aircraft.

Reply #16 Posted: June 21, 2013, 06:19:50 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1527514
Fast forward to two minutes for the lolz.

[video]

fuck, still goes pretty well even though most of it's bits have already fallen off.

The human body would work no where near as well in that state.

Reply #17 Posted: June 21, 2013, 08:39:19 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: BerG;1527553
We'll be seeing robots take over mainstream everyday jobs before they take over passenger carrying aircraft.

unfortunately.....stupid passengers.

Reply #18 Posted: June 21, 2013, 09:39:25 am

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.

Reply #19 Posted: June 23, 2013, 02:43:42 pm

^ Movie is awesome.

Reply #20 Posted: June 24, 2013, 08:43:33 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1527553

You mean like how autopilot doesn't exist?

Reply #21 Posted: July 02, 2013, 09:26:44 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Pyromanik;1528032
You mean like how autopilot doesn't exist?

We can actually taxi, take off, fly and land a plane without a meatsack behind the wheel, but people still insist on having the highest contributing factor to airline incidents at the stick when they fly.

Reply #22 Posted: July 02, 2013, 10:33:21 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
just in case factor.

Also, video was great. All the hallmarks of a blockbuster. At first it was hilarious, then I sympathised with the protaginist & felt sorry, a huge battle took place, then the tragic end with a main character sacrifice was an almighty apex. A++ enjoyed, but would not watch again soon.

Reply #23 Posted: July 04, 2013, 09:17:55 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Caution, BerG records videos using potatoes.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=sdwfydow.0fm.jpg
How long will the Fisher & Paykel ED56 survive?

Reply #24 Posted: July 12, 2013, 03:02:11 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.