Topic: America's Cup

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
At least it's won't be a down-trou.

Nice work that man.  Apparently race 2 is in about 10 minutes.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Reply #50 Posted: September 08, 2013, 09:09:29 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Imagine in the future, when the rich people are racing spaceships around asteroids.

Reply #51 Posted: September 08, 2013, 09:51:20 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Man that first race was so exciting!!

Great to see them so close, but not close enough. Seems you can match race in the boats

Reply #52 Posted: September 08, 2013, 09:52:55 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Yes, very exciting.

Even the race this morning, USA got in front, only to have NZ overtake them again.

Reply #53 Posted: September 09, 2013, 08:47:54 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Tvnz website, why can't you stream without skipping?!

Reply #54 Posted: September 09, 2013, 09:00:56 am

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
  • Benji77 has no influence.

Reply #55 Posted: September 09, 2013, 09:27:08 am
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
tuned in just in time to see us lose :/

eh, it's good for the regatta.

Reply #56 Posted: September 09, 2013, 09:39:26 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Oracle were all woops and wooooohooooos after winning 1 race, that gave me the impression they may not have been expecting to win any!

Reply #57 Posted: September 09, 2013, 04:39:12 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

WHAT THE FUCK :mad:

Reply #58 Posted: September 11, 2013, 09:01:36 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
any other international links for hte racing?

Reply #59 Posted: September 11, 2013, 09:16:39 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Another win to Team NZ!

Oracle played their Get out of jail free card and the second race has bee postponed.

Reply #60 Posted: September 11, 2013, 09:18:08 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
ahahha oracle is fucked. That was a major fisting today. If oracle can somehow turn this around and win the series they will have done some magnificent sailing, I just can't see it happening though.

Reply #61 Posted: September 11, 2013, 10:53:50 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Fuck Spithill is a bitchy little cunt

"They have an edge upwind so we played our card strategically."

In other words "we're going to get our ass kicked again, so we're going to delay the inevitable by effectively cheating.

I think they should be penalised for calling a postponement when they don't have a technical issue.

Reply #62 Posted: September 11, 2013, 11:04:52 am

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1531380
I think they should be penalised for calling a postponement when they don't have a technical issue.

I think its fine they used their card. Would have been great to have the race tho.

Just means if they have a technical issue they just forfeit the next race.

Reply #63 Posted: September 11, 2013, 11:12:28 am
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
They do have a technical issue, the issue is they are slow.

Reply #64 Posted: September 11, 2013, 11:18:18 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spigalau;1531383

Oooooooooo Snap

Reply #65 Posted: September 11, 2013, 11:26:36 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spigalau;1531383

I'm surprised how close they are given the design brief.

Could easily have been a huge difference in boatspeed.

Instead it's maybe a couple of knots VMG upwind.

I'm thinking TNZ had a problem when they lost a race to Oracle.

Reply #66 Posted: September 11, 2013, 04:17:56 pm

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
so the youtube stream isn't available in NZ anymore and the TVNZ stream is rubbish. Anyone know of any better streams?

Reply #67 Posted: September 13, 2013, 08:01:14 am
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!

Why is the TVNZ stream is rubbish?

Apart form being rubbish quality.

Reply #68 Posted: September 13, 2013, 08:27:04 am

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
Getting stuttering/pauses etc. My internet connect should be be able to play it easy.

Reply #69 Posted: September 13, 2013, 08:31:24 am
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!

Your internet connection can't keep up with Team NZ, they are just too fast!

Another win!

Reply #70 Posted: September 13, 2013, 08:47:49 am

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Ballin'

Couldn't give the smallest fuck possible about rugby/cricket.

But to be the best in the world at racing those fucking awesome AC72 catamarans is so cool.

Reply #71 Posted: September 13, 2013, 09:18:03 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Nice to win a start for a change.

We wouldn't be looking so flash if the boat wasn't quicker.

Reply #72 Posted: September 13, 2013, 09:50:38 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zarkov;1531520
Nice to win a start for a change.

We wouldn't be looking so flash if the boat wasn't quicker.

Yeah, I've been thinking about how much of it is the team and how much of it is just the fact that the boat is better designed.

They should do what rugby does after the match and change shirts. Swap boats and see if either team are only as good as the tools.
Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:06:58 am by Retardobot

Reply #73 Posted: September 13, 2013, 10:04:29 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
That's the best part of it for me.

New Zealand engineering vs the world.

Reply #74 Posted: September 13, 2013, 10:23:24 am