Topic: Rome 2 Total War

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member
  • Hmmmgood has no influence.

Due for release in 5 days,hopefully im not the only GetSomeer who is looking forward to this.

Anyone else?

Posted: August 29, 2013, 05:07:48 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Did not realise how soon the release is, definitely keen. I'll have to pop round some time and have a battle with ya.

Reply #1 Posted: August 29, 2013, 05:18:36 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Oh shit, did not realise this was 5 days away. Got my pre-order already. I know, booooooooo pre-order, but I'm a sucker for Total War.

Reply #2 Posted: August 29, 2013, 06:13:03 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Th3.Dud3.Abid3s

• Just settled in
  • Th3.Dud3.Abid3s has no influence.
Pre-ordered.

Loved Empire. Shogun was meh; but Rome 2 looks like a return to form. This is gonna chew up some serious game time!

Reply #3 Posted: August 29, 2013, 06:44:39 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
For sures, total war is fucking awesome. I only wish I got to work on one of them :(

Reply #4 Posted: August 29, 2013, 06:54:21 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I've pre-ordered this ...

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_ROME_II_Collector%27s_Edition

I can be a sucker for CEs and that's easily the best one I've seen.

Reply #5 Posted: August 30, 2013, 10:43:34 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Damnit, I was quite happy being oblivious as to how close release was, now I'm hyping hard.

Also:

Reply #6 Posted: August 30, 2013, 05:35:36 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member

Reply #7 Posted: August 30, 2013, 07:09:59 pm

Offline Aloysius

• Just settled in
  • Aloysius has no influence.
Can't really be bothered for some reason. Must be getting old.
The top three games I was keen for this year were Rome 2, GTA V & europa IV.

Reply #8 Posted: August 31, 2013, 03:15:52 pm

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member
Do not buy at the moment,the game is a complete shambles.CA have alot of work to do.

Id say wait 6 months after a deluge of patches have been released.

I am bitterly dissapoint.

Reply #9 Posted: September 05, 2013, 07:59:08 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
Yea :(

Reply #10 Posted: September 06, 2013, 12:03:13 am

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo
Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:32:59 am by Bell

Reply #11 Posted: September 06, 2013, 12:29:45 am

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member

Reply #12 Posted: September 06, 2013, 06:21:27 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I can't say I've encountered too many problems. There's a few bugs, the biggest one being diplomatic options disappearing. I've seen a few AI issues, but mostly on the campaign map. One province declared war on me while I was off at war against another province. It then raised more troops than it could handle and starved itself into oblivion, without actually attacking me.

Reply #13 Posted: September 06, 2013, 11:48:06 am

Offline Th3.Dud3.Abid3s

• Just settled in
  • Th3.Dud3.Abid3s has no influence.
This is as fucked up as the Simcity 5 launch!

If they're not gonna test this shit before selling it, just call it an alpha and stop the marketing propaganda. So disillusioned with supposed AAA game releases right now.....

Reply #14 Posted: September 06, 2013, 05:14:23 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Do not buy at the moment,the game is a complete shambles.CA have alot of work to do.

Id say wait 6 months after a deluge of patches have been released.

I am bitterly dissapoint.

Wow. Just wow. It took an Australian to take this elephant down

Sane Critique, Why Rome 2 Failed
Bad Game Takedowns are what Australian accents were made for. That and criminals

Reply #15 Posted: August 14, 2014, 09:36:00 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
Why do you bring up this hurt again.

Reply #16 Posted: August 15, 2014, 06:00:05 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Why do you bring up this hurt again.
I honestly didnt mean to. I was watching the excellent YouTube videos about Ancient Rome and the Punic Wars

Extra History 01 - The Punic Wars
They are supported by Creative Assembly and one of the related videos was this one so I decided to watch it. I mean, they helped support this amazing history series so the game cant be that bad, can it?

Oh yes. Yes it can be that bad. So horrible. So very horrible.

Reply #17 Posted: August 15, 2014, 06:19:54 pm
I am now banned from GetSome