Other
3 (7.9%)
NOBODY
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Topic: ELECTION 2014

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Because there isn't one yet.

Posted: September 01, 2014, 07:38:14 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I find it odd that the Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party are standing in this election. Internet Mana have already stated that drug reform was one of their policies. ALCP are looking a bit dated and backwards by comparison

http://www.alcp.org.nz/
ALCP Policy

MOTTO:

Truth, Freedom, Justice.

MISSION STATEMENT:

The Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party exists to legalise cannabis for recreational, spiritual, medicinal and industrial purposes; to empower people to work together for peace and true justice; and to institute a proper and just balance between the power of the state and the rights and dignity of the individual. We believe adults have the right to freedom of choice unless that choice harms other people or the planet.

edit: I wonder if this image link will work
Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:45:54 am by Tiwaking!

Reply #1 Posted: September 01, 2014, 07:42:40 am
I am now banned from GetSome

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I accidently the wrong forum.

Can someone move this from Archives to the proper place. Many Thanks.

Reply #2 Posted: September 01, 2014, 09:27:10 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
I am still unsure who to vote for. Internet-mana seem the obvious vote because of how unappealing the other parties are. Yet it seems safer to put my vote into the labour-green corner, to stop national.

Reply #3 Posted: September 01, 2014, 11:13:38 am

I am still unsure who to vote for. Internet-mana seem the obvious vote because of how unappealing the other parties are. Yet it seems safer to put my vote into the labour-green corner, to stop national.

The clear answer is the Conservative Party

They stand for something...

Reply #4 Posted: September 01, 2014, 11:58:52 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I'm 50/50 at the moment as to whether I take it serious or not.

If enough of us vote Conservative and get them in, I'm sure it will provide us enough entertainment over 3 years to be worth it

Reply #5 Posted: September 01, 2014, 04:15:55 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
http://tvnz.co.nz/vote-2014-news/shouting-match-erupts-judith-collins-makes-election-pitch-6077722
Considering Judith Collins won the electorate by 9,890 last election, I doubt if she will fail to win this election too.

Reply #6 Posted: September 11, 2014, 08:21:24 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Moved.

I'm completely undecided and unexcited by the result of this election. I feel that National will get in anyway, so then I question where I should put my vote given I don't wholly agree with how they're running the country, but do I agree with the way others might run it in lieu of them doing it...

Reply #7 Posted: September 11, 2014, 11:33:30 am
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

The Civilian Party
http://thecivilianparty.org.nz/

The Civilian Party is a party for most New Zealanders.

We believe in ordinary, hard-working kiwis. We also believe in people, but not extraordinary people. Extraordinary people make us feel anxious and bad about ourselves.

We believe that New Zealand is the greatest country in Australasia, with the possible exception of Australia.

New Zealand is a place where dreams come true, particularly if those dreams are about drinking heavily.

New Zealand has a long record of great accomplishments. We’ve done so many things we can be proud of. We climbed a big mountain. We said no to new forms of energy because we were scared. We got bombed by France. We had a nationwide argument about whether to actively oppose segregation or watch a game of rugby. We gave women the vote. We went to war and lost a significant portion of our population. We crashed a plane in Antarctica. We had a Prime Minister who called an election while drunk.

A Civilian Government will:

Declare New Zealand’s independence from Hamilton.

Establish a space program, and become the first nation in Australasia to send a man to the moon; not to explore it, just someone we don’t like.

Reform the tax system so that it rewards success and punishes failure. Ensure that the bulk of taxes are aimed at the greatest source of poverty in New Zealand: the poor.

Close the pay gap between men and women by working to reduce men’s wages.

Alleviate poverty amongst children by giving every poverty-stricken child a llama as a means to a basic income.

End discrimination against social majorities. No more special services just for Maori; no more car parks just for disabled people; no more hip operations just for people who need hip operations.

Make Wellington airport safer by moving it to Christchurch.

Reform the Justice system so that every citizen is required to prove why they shouldn’t be in prison.
Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:52:26 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #8 Posted: September 11, 2014, 11:47:12 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I shall form my own party:

The politicians Party - We will be honest about when we are lieing to you

Reply #9 Posted: September 11, 2014, 12:16:00 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Where is greens first home buyers/housing policy? Not renters, not solar panels on the roof.

Reply #10 Posted: September 11, 2014, 02:53:39 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Where is greens first home buyers/housing policy? Not renters, not solar panels on the roof.

housing isn't eco friendly....

Reply #11 Posted: September 11, 2014, 04:07:04 pm

housing isn't eco friendly....

Everyone will live in tents.

Reply #12 Posted: September 11, 2014, 05:46:40 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Labours policy on housing is shit.

Reply #13 Posted: September 11, 2014, 06:31:48 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Internet-Mana has outlined its policy to provide free university education for all students and help those struggling with student debt.

http://tvnz.co.nz/vote-2014-news/free-university-places-more-important-than-tax-cuts-internet-mana-6078848

Not one student is struggling with student debt, how can someone struggle with a loan which is interest free? It's ridiculous.

I've got quite a big student loan and it has had zero financial impact on me. In fact I've just bought a house.

Interest free student loans makes New Zealand a great place to study, and removes the financial barrier.

The party says the current amount of student debt is $14.232 billion, and 15% of students are living in "absolute financial distress".

Total bullshit.
Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:20:15 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #14 Posted: September 12, 2014, 12:10:33 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Student loans shouldn't even be a thing.

Education at all levels should be either free or heavily subsidised. Education should not be a profitable market.

Reply #15 Posted: September 12, 2014, 12:57:20 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Humans are great at raping their future for the now.

Reply #16 Posted: September 12, 2014, 01:01:09 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Education at all levels should be either free or heavily subsidised. Education should not be a profitable market.

No, I disagree with you.

Student loans are fine the way they are. It's user pays system. You get given the money while studying, then pay it back afterwards while you are working. And due to the fact you are earning more as a result of your education, you can easily afford to.

You get more money as the result of your education, the economy benefits from your work, the government gets more in taxes plus gets the loan repaid. Everybody wins.

University education is already heavily subsidised.
Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:04:03 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #17 Posted: September 12, 2014, 01:01:31 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
I personally see both sides - IMHO tertiary education should be free so long as the person who takes it gets a job in the field for which they studied - if not, then they have to pay it back

Reply #18 Posted: September 12, 2014, 02:45:36 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I'm down for free tertiary for citizens if they agree to be bonded to NZ for a suitable time period.

Reply #19 Posted: September 12, 2014, 03:01:28 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

No, I disagree with you.

Student loans are fine the way they are.

The loan system is fine, yes. But the price of education is a rort. I'll say it again, education should not be a profitable market.

Reply #20 Posted: September 12, 2014, 03:06:35 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
I personally see both sides - IMHO tertiary education should be free so long as the person who takes it gets a job in the field for which they studied - if not, then they have to pay it back

Can be difficult dude - i know of a guy who spent a lot on his loan to get his teaching degree. No shit over 150 applications. He has been working at The Warehouse since he graduated. It doesnt always pan out that way.

I used to want to be a lawyer until I worked as a legal secretary and was told of how many people are out there with law degrees unable to get positions at established firms/or dont have enough to start their own practice

Reply #21 Posted: September 12, 2014, 04:12:55 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!

No, I disagree with you.

Student loans are fine the way they are. It's user pays system. You get given the money while studying, then pay it back afterwards while you are working. And due to the fact you are earning more as a result of your education, you can easily afford to.

You get more money as the result of your education, the economy benefits from your work, the government gets more in taxes plus gets the loan repaid. Everybody wins.

University education is already heavily subsidised.

I agree with the monkey.  I think primary to college education should be free but tertiary shouldn't be free.  I think they do need to revise their allowance policy. All you have to do is go to Albany see how many uni kids are living in their cars/ public gardens.  Future doctors, teachers etc shouldnt have to live like that while they get qualifications that may save our lives one day :)   I also feel the loan policy should be revised.

If you are legally recognized as an adult at 18 in NZ why should your parents income have any impact when applying for loan/allowance? This is the part I dont agree with

Reply #22 Posted: September 12, 2014, 04:16:00 pm

The loan system is fine, yes. But the price of education is a rort. I'll say it again, education should not be a profitable market.

I agree with your there, education providers make far too much money for what they provide.

Reply #23 Posted: September 12, 2014, 08:07:17 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted

Can be difficult dude - i know of a guy who spent a lot on his loan to get his teaching degree. No shit over 150 applications. He has been working at The Warehouse since he graduated. It doesnt always pan out that way.

I used to want to be a lawyer until I worked as a legal secretary and was told of how many people are out there with law degrees unable to get positions at established firms/or dont have enough to start their own practice

And this is IMHO one of the core components of the problem - in a field where there might be 1-2 job slots available a year - there are courses with 30 spaces available. Now I am all for competition (in fact several of my friends who went to Uni finished their courses in the top end of their course and so had the pick of the limited slots) as I believe competition in education results in a higher caliber of applicant which increases the calibre of skilled members of the workforce.

Not to belittle your friend (as I do not know them) - but if he spent a lot of money on the degree - it should stand to reason that if he was going to invest a significant amount of money, surely the same level of investment should be spent to insure that they are at the top percentile of the 150 applicants.

It seems to me (someone who nearly went to Uni and didn't - and I dare say, haven't done too bad for myself) that a too many people go to University because they think that is what they should do, when all they are in fact doing is propping up the university coffers and getting themselves into debt. I don't mind paying for someone to go to Uni (for free) getting a degree, then working in whatever field they studied - ultimately contributing to society both in terms of an educated work force but also in terms of taxes. I do however have a problem with someone going to uni cause - yah know like, all my friends are going to uni and like um I really like art so I think um an art degree would totally be cool right?

Reply #24 Posted: September 12, 2014, 09:19:00 pm