Topic: Don't bother shopping at The Warehouse anymore.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
The Warehouse and Noel Leeming are removing all R18 games and DVD's from their stores because "family-friendly brand values"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11363676

"The recently released Grand Theft Auto V, which contains graphic sex scenes and violence towards women from a first person perspective, has acted as a catalyst for our decision to totally exit the R18 games and DVD market,"

I didn't know they had release First-Person mode yet. I better get down to my local Noel Leeming store and spend my money on it... oh wait.

Posted: November 24, 2014, 05:00:28 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=weeklongdeals

Buy POSTAL
POSTAL
 21 Mar, 2013 
-85%
$4.99
$0.74

Reply #1 Posted: November 24, 2014, 05:27:08 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
hahahahahahahhah

Reply #2 Posted: November 24, 2014, 05:53:33 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
The last game I bought from the Warehouse was Half Life 2 in 2004. Why would this policy stop me buying from them again? I get my media online. I get my laundry baskets and toilet paper from the Warehouse - these are not R18 products.

Reply #3 Posted: November 24, 2014, 06:06:26 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
the last game i bought was bf4 for 30 bucks, i think they cocked up the clearance sale

Reply #4 Posted: November 24, 2014, 06:20:13 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
The last game I bought from the Warehouse was Half Life 2 in 2004. Why would this policy stop me buying from them again? I get my media online. I get my laundry baskets and toilet paper from the Warehouse - these are not R18 products.

I want to buy some R18 toilet paper.

Reply #5 Posted: November 24, 2014, 08:08:37 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!

Wait seriously who goes to the warehouse to buy toilet paper

and I'm pretty sure JB hifi sells games the cheapest

Reply #6 Posted: November 24, 2014, 08:14:47 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Wait seriously who goes to the warehouse to buy toilet paper

I bought toilet paper from the warehouse once, it was shit.

I haven't tried toilet paper from JB Hifi yet.

Reply #7 Posted: November 24, 2014, 08:18:52 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Gotta love corporate censorship....

Reply #8 Posted: November 24, 2014, 09:33:16 pm

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
  • Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
Why is this such a big deal haha

Reply #9 Posted: November 24, 2014, 09:34:51 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

How much of it is censorship versus marketing ?

I bet more over-protective parents shop at the Warehouse than gamers.
If this means more business for the Warehouse then the no r18 policy is a smart one to pursue that is rewarded by consumers in a market. I doubt they make much money from DVDs and games these days.

Reply #10 Posted: November 24, 2014, 10:02:49 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Tandoori is right.

Warehouse will be losing money on games rather than making any. They're seen as an item to get people in the store. Removing the R18 titles from stock further bolsters The Warehouse as a wholesome, family oriented department store.

Reply #11 Posted: November 24, 2014, 11:13:16 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!

If this means more business for the Warehouse then the no r18 policy is a smart one to pursue that is rewarded by consumers in a market. I doubt they make much money from DVDs and games these days.

More importantly why don't you buy your TP from pak n save / new world / count down like normal people

Reply #12 Posted: November 25, 2014, 12:40:43 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted

More importantly why don't you buy your TP from pak n save / new world / count down like normal people

I wasn't clear that I don't purchase my TP and laundry baskets there exclusively, it's just that that laundry baskets and toilet paper were two things I got the last time I went.

It was cheaper though (same brand as super market).

Reply #13 Posted: November 25, 2014, 12:55:15 am

So will they stop fireworks as well, because they're also R18.

Fair enough a store has a right to chose what they sell. But still I think the whole thing is just silly. Basically they can't trust parents to not buy R18 games and movies for their kids, so they just take that burden of responsibility away from the parents.

True, it doesn't affect many of us here, it just annoys me that once again, games and movies are being blamed for everything bad.
Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:33:35 am by Spacemonkeyorsarus

Reply #14 Posted: November 25, 2014, 07:26:36 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
i say don't ban anything, it will eventually after a few binges become self moderation, and those that don't self moderate, well thats called natural selection.

Reply #15 Posted: November 25, 2014, 07:49:56 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

I'm pretty sure Steam sells games the cheapest....

Reply #16 Posted: November 25, 2014, 08:17:20 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Buy POSTAL
POSTAL
 21 Mar, 2013 
-85%
$4.99
$0.74

Each POSTAL is made from a different perspective.
This one (the first) is top down isometric (iirc isometric).

I think you're thinking of POSTAL2

Most gloriously unPC game ever.
(GTA is like the M&M of our time, TRIES to offend as much as it can, 'coz ain't no such thing as bad publicity, or something).

Reply #17 Posted: November 25, 2014, 08:47:40 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
So will they stop fireworks as well, because they're also R18.

Fair enough a store has a right to chose what they sell. But still I think the whole thing is just silly. Basically they can't trust parents to not buy R18 games and movies for their kids, so they just take that burden of responsibility away from the parents.

True, it doesn't affect many of us here, it just annoys me that once again, games and movies are being blamed for everything bad.

I think it stems more from the mysoginistic and violent themes of the franchise, rather than the fact that it's just R18.

Reply #18 Posted: November 25, 2014, 08:49:13 am

Offline Pyromanik

If this means more business for the Warehouse, then the no r18 policy is a smart one to pursue that is rewarded by consumers in a market. I doubt they make much money from DVDs and games these days.
Yes. This is true.
DVD's probably. Games... well no self respecting 'gamer'* shops there anyway.

*by gamer I obviously mean the master race of PC gamers.
I'm sure lots of console kids shop there still.
Buying a game for console is pretty much the same act as scooping 12 monkeys out of the bargin bin for $2.
Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:56:11 am by Pyromanik

Reply #19 Posted: November 25, 2014, 08:51:21 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

Marketing or Censorship - whichever the perspective, the net result is the same - a Company deciding to remove my ability to purchase an item that I am legally entitled to purchase, thereby artificially restricting my choice.

Which I think sucks the hairy fat cock

Reply #20 Posted: November 25, 2014, 08:54:53 am

Offline Pyromanik

Marketing or Censorship - whichever the perspective, the net result is the same - a Company deciding to remove my ability to purchase an item that I am legally entitled to purchase, thereby artificially restricting my choice.

Which I think sucks the hairy fat cock

Yeah but ain't no one on this earth more put out than a legally entitled pom (and derivitives*, to a lesser extent). Excepting maybe an American who thinks cultural status quo is the same thing as legal entitlement.

Fuck yeah, how many people can I offend in one post? Pretty sure I just covered a third of the world.

*White folk most of the world over, including all the ex colonies beginning with A & their lesser & more put out siblings (like NZ).

Reply #21 Posted: November 25, 2014, 09:00:38 am

Offline Pyromanik

I want to buy some R18 toilet paper.

I don't. I'd never leave the toilet room... *fap fap fap fap fap*
Though I suppose if you didn't have it in the toilet & only whipped it out on special occasions, it would be quite efficient. Stimulation and cleanup gear* in one handy perferated dispensing roll.

* Pyromanik Could have worked in a package pun here. Please revise.
Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:04:56 am by Pyromanik

Reply #22 Posted: November 25, 2014, 09:02:15 am

Offline Pyromanik

Also, for those confused... The thread says "don't bother shopping at", not "lets boycott". Subtle differences in the English language I know, but if you study hard you too could make it to this level of understanding.

Reply #23 Posted: November 25, 2014, 09:07:21 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!

Buy POSTAL
POSTAL
 21 Mar, 2013 
-85%
$4.99
$0.74

Each POSTAL is made from a different perspective.
This one (the first) is top down isometric (iirc isometric).

I think you're thinking of POSTAL2

Most gloriously unPC game ever.
(GTA is like the M&M of our time, TRIES to offend as much as it can, 'coz ain't no such thing as bad publicity, or something).

Postal   1997-11-04
Banned due to depictions of revolting and abhorrent content.
REFUSED CLASSIFICATION
REFUSED CLASSIFICATION

Postal 2 was merely Unrated

Reply #24 Posted: November 25, 2014, 10:23:58 am
I am now banned from GetSome