Topic: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.... Thunderbirds are Go ! [Weta to remake]

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv/8263969/Weta-brings-back-Thunderbirds

Weta Workshop plans to tackle another well-loved tale - re-inventing the Thunderbirds television series.  

One of the UK's biggest production companies, ITV Studios, is  pairing with Weta and New Zealand-based Pukeko Pictures to make  Thunderbirds are Go!.   The show is set to air in 2015, 50 years after the original series launched.  

The 26-part re-incarnation of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson's iconic  puppetry series featuring the Tracy family and Lady Penelope will use  both CGI animation and live-action model sets, Weta Workshop announced.   Weta Workshop and Pukeko Pictures founder Sir Richard Taylor said  the original series was "hugely influential" on him as a child, and  therefore he was thrilled to have the opportunity to work on the  children's show.  

"I...look forward to designing and creating an inspirational world  that will engage the imagination of a whole new generation as it did for  us nearly half a century ago."  
          Pukeko Pictures was founded in 2008 by Sir Richard Taylor, Tania  Rodger and Martin Baynton, and produced animated children's shows Jane  and the Dragon and the Wotwots.

Posted: February 05, 2013, 10:07:59 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
The movie was crap, but a TV show made by Weta could be good.

However i'm not a fan of the Wotwots. Jane and the Dragon is pretty good.

Reply #1 Posted: February 05, 2013, 10:09:52 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Wot?

Reply #2 Posted: February 05, 2013, 10:20:15 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Didn't they just make a Thunderbirds movie?

I think it was called Team America or something.

Reply #3 Posted: February 05, 2013, 10:29:05 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
I'll just put the FAIL stamp on the ink pad, in anticipation. Thunderbirds was cool in a quirky way, theres no way I can imagine it working now, any more than I could see a punch and judy remake taking the world by storm.

Reply #4 Posted: February 06, 2013, 11:14:12 am

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
nuclear powered forest destroyer/road layer....can't wait

Reply #5 Posted: February 07, 2013, 03:13:50 pm