Topic: What are you or have you kickstarted/indiegogo'd?

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
It's good you don't get charged until the end of the campaign!

Reply #75 Posted: June 28, 2014, 08:27:01 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
I've been at it again....

Arduino Discovery Kit
Pretty neat little unit for learning Arduino and general electronics and programming.

BloomSky Weather Station
Got two of these - one for me and one for my Dad. I like the idea, and given the farm, Dad takes quite an interest in the weather, so this will be pretty funky for both of us to have and access.

Hex+ Hexacopter with Gimbal
Mean little Hexacopter with some cool tech attached to it, and I've upgraded to the 3D gimbal for the camera.

Yeah, you're right there - this is also one of the reasons I'm less inclined to Indiegogo, because they take your money instantly (albeit they hold it in trust) - I just feel they're less rigorous around their prrojects. Especially so, when little kids can put up an Indiegogo campaign to buy a computer for "editing videos"...

Reply #76 Posted: July 04, 2014, 03:22:08 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Mean little Hexacopter with some cool tech attached to it, and I've upgraded to the 3D gimbal for the camera.

Thats ridiculously cool tech. Tempted to buy it, despite really not seeing myself getting much value out of it.

Reply #77 Posted: July 04, 2014, 03:59:43 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Arseynimz
Especially so, when little kids can put up an Indiegogo campaign to buy a computer for "editing videos"...

And people who put up campaigns to to fund a completely unfounded power generator run by falling water.

Reply #78 Posted: July 04, 2014, 04:08:48 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

Thats ridiculously cool tech. Tempted to buy it, despite really not seeing myself getting much value out of it.

I've been reading grumblings around the internet that the HEXO+ is all a fake, their website lists more marketing and sales staff than engineers, and unless 'tardo can code a SIFT algorithm to run in an RTOS environment* then HEXO+ is doomed.

AirDog looks a little more legit http://www.airdog.com/

I haven't personally pried into either of these companies, but kickstarter seems to be the new way to scam people.

* - tardo himself can code a SIFT algorithm in an RTOS environment, but that is because he is him. Others cannot do it because they aren't him. If they were him and he were they then they could do it. The fact of the matter is that he is him though. Obviously.

Reply #79 Posted: July 06, 2014, 08:42:46 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.

I've been reading grumblings around the internet that the HEXO+ is all a fake, their website lists more marketing and sales staff than engineers, and unless 'tardo can code a SIFT algorithm to run in an RTOS environment* then HEXO+ is doomed.

AirDog looks a little more legit http://www.airdog.com/

I haven't personally pried into either of these companies, but kickstarter seems to be the new way to scam people.

* - tardo himself can code a SIFT algorithm in an RTOS environment, but that is because he is him. Others cannot do it because they aren't him. If they were him and he were they then they could do it. The fact of the matter is that he is him though. Obviously.

Yea the following tech is what makes it quite exciting. They have already stated it doesn't do obstacle avoidance, but I would love to see how well it could track in a busy environment. I guess they will use some sort of position based tracking in combination with their object tracking algorithm, but will be interesting to see the results.

Reply #80 Posted: July 06, 2014, 11:25:19 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!

Reply #81 Posted: July 08, 2014, 09:39:48 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
ROFL, retardo will be so overjoyed.

Reply #82 Posted: July 08, 2014, 10:11:37 am

Offline Pyromanik

ROFL, retardo will be so overjoyed.

... In more ways than one!

Reply #83 Posted: July 10, 2014, 10:13:27 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
So annoying - all the retardery is starting to shift from Indiegogo to Kickstarter. Now there's people wanting funding for Death Stars, computers, making sushi, and driving cars... So much more shit to sift through to find legitimate products...

Reply #84 Posted: July 13, 2014, 11:27:23 am

Offline Pyromanik

You mean 'semi-legitimate' right?
The point is they're not finished yet :P

Reply #85 Posted: July 13, 2014, 08:13:05 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
So annoying - all the retardery is starting to shift from Indiegogo to Kickstarter. Now there's people wanting funding for Death Stars, computers, making sushi, and driving cars... So much more shit to sift through to find legitimate products...
Check this website out: Flattr
https://flattr.com/

Thats right, when someone clicks on the like button. You get money
And I thought JelloApocalypse's video was a joke
Spoiler :

Reply #86 Posted: July 14, 2014, 08:56:56 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

For real? Hmm I paid about $150 for this watch on kickstarter. Or at least I thought I did, if not I think I might cancel as even though it is now very close to release (has taken ages) I'm really not interested in it anymore.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1655017763/cst-01-the-worlds-thinnest-watch

Reply #87 Posted: July 14, 2014, 09:19:14 pm

Offline Pyromanik

I thought that the idea is you can't cancel. Hence the term 'pledge' or whatever. Or maybe you can, _before_ the campaign ends. That would make sense.
But if the _campaign_ was a success, then your money is gone. It's not absolutely nothing at all to do with when the product is released (if ever).
That's kinda half the point of this thread.
Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:13:02 am by Pyromanik

Reply #88 Posted: July 15, 2014, 07:10:44 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1655017763/cst-01-the-worlds-thinnest-watch

Jesus fuck, what a dumb fucking idea.

HURR HURRR METAL WATCH. When you sweat, that shit is going to rash like a whore on a free night. It's going to wear and rip away at your sleeve if you work at a desk.

OH, I'M GOING TO LOOK AT MY FUCKING WRIST TO SEE WHAT THE FUCKING GOD DAMN TIME IS, OH LOOK, MY WATCH HAS SLIPPED AND FUCKING ROTATED, GIVE ME A SECOND TO RE-ADJUST THIS PUSSY HIPSTER FUCKING THING. IT'S A SHAME IT DOESN'T STAY PUT ON THE COUNT OF IT HAVING NO FUCKING STRAP.

What dipshit industrial engineer designed this thing?

GOD FUCK.

Reply #89 Posted: July 15, 2014, 10:19:35 am

Offline Pyromanik

So a snapband* with an LCD and a wrist cutting edge?

*(welcome to 1993)
Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:41:31 am by Pyromanik

Reply #90 Posted: July 15, 2014, 10:39:32 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
, and for those outside the US who prefer a 24 hour time format, this is also user selectable from the base station

What about people in the US who prefer a 24 hour time format? Or is there no such thing?

Reply #91 Posted: July 15, 2014, 01:52:23 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

Reply #92 Posted: July 16, 2014, 07:32:08 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/549443631/gravgen-gravity-powered-generators

http://gravgen.weebly.com/

He's huge.

Could power an small country with the gravity his body mass would produce.

A got a question for his FAQ; Are you an idiot?
Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:44:03 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #93 Posted: July 16, 2014, 08:40:47 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Jesus fuck, what a dumb fucking idea.

HURR HURRR METAL WATCH. When you sweat, that shit is going to rash like a whore on a free night. It's going to wear and rip away at your sleeve if you work at a desk.

OH, I'M GOING TO LOOK AT MY FUCKING WRIST TO SEE WHAT THE FUCKING GOD DAMN TIME IS, OH LOOK, MY WATCH HAS SLIPPED AND FUCKING ROTATED, GIVE ME A SECOND TO RE-ADJUST THIS PUSSY HIPSTER FUCKING THING. IT'S A SHAME IT DOESN'T STAY PUT ON THE COUNT OF IT HAVING NO FUCKING STRAP.

What dipshit industrial engineer designed this thing?

GOD FUCK.

Yea, I realised it was a bad idea after the first couple of 'update' emails, and that was about 6 weeks after I put money toward it, it's now probably something like 2 years and until I read this thread I had no idea that I haven't even actually paid for it yet and will be cancelling my order.

I don't wear watches at all, but at first I thought this looked cool, now it just seems like $150 to nothing.

Reply #94 Posted: July 16, 2014, 09:11:09 pm

Backers

$50
pledged of $1,000,000,000 goal 

days to go

Introduction the thinnest watch ever. At 5 nanometres thick, the strap actually appears transparent to the naked eye. It uses an Ink display to show a time* in digital format.

In a Category of Its Own
Unless there is already a category of watches which are worn on a persons arm, but I'm not aware of one.
It contains toxic chemicals and is probably not too good for your skin.