Topic: Ouch - wrote the bastard off

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Without wanting too sound harsh and without having been witness to the events:

I can't see how the fault could be anywhere other than with the following car. Even if the guy in front didn't indicate until after he started braking, the brake lights would make it clear he was slowing.

My understanding is that following distance is always meant to be sufficient that if the car in front has to stop suddenly (e.g. if a hazard unexpectedly occurs on the road) then the following car must be able to stop without making contact.

In any event, glad you're (reasonably) ok.

If this is your first offence, you may be eligible for diversion - although I am not sure if this applies in instances where other parties have been injured: this can usually be helped by being proactive in sorting out reparations for damages etc. 

Good luck with it.
Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:17:52 am by Tandoori

Reply #25 Posted: November 20, 2014, 09:16:12 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Insurance covering damages,  nobody hurt except myself.

when i came round the bend his brake lights were off, and he was mid lane, i am not denying my fault in the accident, as my statement said i don't remember the events just prior to accident, i am unsure if i was following that car or another or was just the car out front and came round the corner to him turning.

all i remember is coming round the bend realising fuck me hitting the brakes and swerving, honestly i swear his car just appeared in the road.

my passenger side wheels were across the white curb median line when i hit him so he was taking up a good portion of the lane.

Reply #26 Posted: November 20, 2014, 09:37:23 am