Topic: Mafia III - Get excite (The Getsome Association)

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
"YOU ALL SPEAK OF FAMILY LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS"

This community is my family.

So the scene was 2009,

After years of dirty seedy lans, 3 failed long term relationships,  and a winter of pnemonia from rebuilding a motorcycle in an exposed carport, I was the sort of gamer who shared torrented movies and cracked copies of games at a lan,  BF 2142 was on the out and out, and I was disillusioned.

I was still hammrring away at this epic game on the 360, 

Needless to say it was around December of that year I took a trip to Australia, and sold my bike after the labour of love had cost me my health, it was then that i turned back to my roots as a gamer, gripped hard the PC SWORD entombed in stone and once more pulled it free held it aloft and JOINED the pc master race once again.

I did so by purchasing an AMD 1100t  and 2 x 6970 saphire cards and rog motherboard whilst in Aussie, and claimed back the customs on the way home.

having assembled the aforementioned gear into a fortress FT02 limited edition case (build log thread is around here somewhere)  and setting up eyefinity on three screens, I embarked on the long tradition of pirating games even though I owned the Orange Box set on steam and a few other miscellaneous titles.

It was then that I returned to these here forums which had transitioned from the Telstra game forums to Iconz and then to the wonderful yet now fallen on3 networks (may it long be remembered)

I stumbled onto the game Mafia II

I torrented it as i had previously done time and time again,  since i heark back to the generation where Apogee games and the greats like Westoood Studios and Virgin games made games and freeware was the way you got a game before purchasing, long before these almost full sized game Demos with 5 min of scripted mid story gameplay.

Days when you played 90% of the game and a few features were locked until you bought it, but I digress.

so having torrented said game and installed it i was enthralled, it was Grand theft auto all over gain, BUT SO MUCH BETTER, this game was rich tapestry and it sung to me like a siren sings to a sailor, and like a sailor I was doomed, I spent over 100 hours playing the game, and that led me to feeling I owed it to the publisher to reward them for the hardwork,  and justly so I purchased it and all it's glorious DLC on steam.

about this time I met Codex and Lias, and was briefly engrossed into Minecraft on these here servers, which later would become an almost insatiable addiction.

Lias introduced me to Gamer Rage once agian by flinging me into Bad company 2,

This caused me financial and mental anguish to no end, it was this game that led me into the rage filled rants about BSOD screens and ATI /AMD crossfire beign the shittest thing ever, as many at that time can attest my language and disposition in Teamspeak and life was filled with a torrent of rage towards my pc, it cost me my beloved logitech MX518 one rage fueled day.

To this end i eventually purchased Intel and built out a massive watercooled beast rig (again the build log is somewhere here)

I gamed along for a few more years till 2013 when my life was turend upside down again (another failed long term relationship which almost cost me my life, house and friends)

I lurked here in the shadows, and was helped along by Th3Fairy, Lias (who had had his own setbacks and ended up living with me far from his family for work prospects).

and so it went I lived life and hung around pitching in here and there in this community, until recently when the rebirth of my gaming desires throbbing deeply in my loins burst forth in and expenditure and my new gaming rig was born (build log also on here).

and fittingly too that it so coincides with the announcement of this sequel (LONG LIVE MAFIA)(#theybetternotfuckthisup)

http://www.mafia3game.net/

https://youtu.be/2HMxHfIxQfc

GET EXCITE

FAMILY..
Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:01:44 am by Xsannz

Posted: August 10, 2015, 08:22:24 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
That Trailer has to be the best thing I have seen in a long time.

Reply #1 Posted: August 10, 2015, 08:29:14 am

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
jeez sannz you fucking emotional bitch ;) much love brother much love, i sense you need cheering up.
thus check your inbox in 3 minutes - and know it was done out of sheer love :)

omg check your twitter dms the attachment process is WAY too complex for me today
Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:00:56 am by 420fairy

Reply #2 Posted: August 10, 2015, 08:58:39 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
On a side note - I really miss BC2,

Where is my BC3?

Or at least a BF games that isn't Aids

Reply #3 Posted: August 10, 2015, 09:52:30 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
jeez sannz you fucking emotional bitch ;) much love brother much love, i sense you need cheering up.

omg check your twitter dms the attachment process is WAY too complex for me today

Twitter is evil.. EVIL....

Reply #4 Posted: August 10, 2015, 10:10:20 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Twitter is evil.. EVIL....

i find it rather pleasant, and easy to look at  :P

On a side note - I really miss BC2,

Where is my BC3?

Or at least a BF games that isn't Aids

I am, hoping the return to franchise they were teasing at gamescon for BF series next year is a BC3
Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:17:54 am by Xsannz

Reply #5 Posted: August 10, 2015, 10:14:33 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

Fairy needs to distribute her noodz in other ways lol :-)

Hoping for 2143 after the "return to 2142" BF4 expansion, BC3 would be great as well.

Reply #6 Posted: August 10, 2015, 10:18:34 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Fairy needs to distribute her noodz in other ways lol :-)

Hoping for 2143 after the "return to 2142" BF4 expansion, BC3 would be great as well.

I just want to rage kill you with a USAS SPAM AGAIN...

tbh i still wotn purchase hardline, its a skinned themed Counterstrike clone mod of BF4, it should have been DLC mod rather than a full blown game...

Reply #7 Posted: August 10, 2015, 10:26:54 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Mafia 2 was one of the few games that was way better than I expected. It was like playing through Goodfellas. Hopefully they make the open world a bit more meaningful this time.

Reply #8 Posted: August 10, 2015, 11:48:51 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Most of my time on my rebuild has been spent setting up an automated media server - Sonarr --> SABnzbd --> Plex, then Plex to all devices in home.

Me and the new Mrs. Rii have moved into a new place, however it's turned into a complete bust. 2 months in, Mrs. Rii gets pneumonia and I get a staph infection (either from the black mould in our house or from the gym). The roof is apparently a write-off and the landlord has promised to have it completely replaced (wether he wants to or not, it's now law to have an insulated roof). We're still waiting for a new roof while a bucket sits in its position in the spare room catching water that leaks in through the roof while water also pours in from behind the gas heater in the lounge. It sucks, not only because it's cold and damp, but because we're both winter people, we hate summer but the state of the house has us looking forward to the warmer months.

I'm still waiting for a gad damned GetSome LAN. I have a m-ITX build so I'm primed to fly wherever the LAN takes place.

I still game hard on the Xbox. Mrs. Rii is a bigger Diablo fiend than I am and I've pre-ordered the giant Halo 5 collector's box for October.

I remember having a go at Mafia II when it came out. It didn't hold my attention for long as GTA doesn't hold my attention either. As I've become older, my gaming has become almost exclusively about narrative driven games.

TL;DR - WHERE THE FUCK IS THE GETSOME LAN?

Reply #9 Posted: August 10, 2015, 12:10:45 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
oh jesus James that doesnt sound very good at all re the house! I hope it gets sorted and you and your missus are on the road to recovery.

Lias - love twitter, i get tits, ass and vag on my newsfeed all day long!

Reply #10 Posted: August 10, 2015, 12:12:56 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator

See that'd be a fireable offense at most work places ;-P

Reply #11 Posted: August 10, 2015, 12:33:30 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

See that'd be a fireable offense at most work places ;-P

no just for you.....   you know the saying about old dog new tricks.. it applies to you and twitter...  its taken 3 years of graft dont blow it all up now and start using twitter again, your prone to net rage too much

Reply #12 Posted: August 10, 2015, 01:19:14 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!

GetSomeLAN was last month? did you miss all the threads about it?

Reply #13 Posted: August 11, 2015, 08:55:53 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

GetSomeLAN was last month? did you miss all the threads about it?

Quite.

Reply #14 Posted: August 11, 2015, 09:09:22 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Serious doe,

Someone set up a LAN.

I'll do any branding work for it.

Reply #15 Posted: August 11, 2015, 03:54:03 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
Ahhh, I would but I'm across the ditch. :o

Reply #16 Posted: August 11, 2015, 04:30:02 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

It's better that way.

Reply #17 Posted: August 11, 2015, 04:33:01 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
I cri

Reply #18 Posted: August 11, 2015, 04:42:01 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Serious doe,

Someone set up a LAN.

I'll do any branding work for it.

I'll do any IT work required for it (you know, restart servers until it works, leech all the Pr0n, limit bandwidth for users I don't like etc.)

Reply #19 Posted: August 12, 2015, 10:09:05 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Anyone know of a venue we can hire for da cheepz?

COME ON GETSOME, WE'RE DOING THE WORK FOR YOU HERE.

Reply #20 Posted: August 12, 2015, 10:23:52 am