Topic: Man sentenced for throwing lettuce at Mum

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Well it looks like this assault
*puts on glasses*
was the tip of the Iceberg
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

edit: There is even an online article which probably wont last forever
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/9842201/Man-sentenced-for-throwing-lettuce-at-mum
Spoiler :
It takes the phrase "tossed salad" to a new level.

Robert James Mills appeared in the Invercargill District Court yesterday for assaulting his mother with a lettuce.

Police said Mills, 37, was arguing with his mother at an Invercargill property on February 16 when he uplifted the lettuce from the garden and threw it at her, "connecting with the victim's face and taking her by surprise".

Defence lawyer Scott Williamson said the lettuce incident was the result of an ongoing argument between the pair.

Judge Alistair Garland said Mills' actions appeared to be borne by frustration.

"It didn't cause any physical injuries but the friction between the two of you is causing emotional harm and it's something you need to address," he said.

He sentenced Mills to nine months' supervision on the condition he undertake counselling for alcohol, drug and anger issues if directed by the probation service.
Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:19:06 pm by Tiwaking!

Posted: March 19, 2014, 09:17:09 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I hope they can patch things up and leaf this incident behind them.

Reply #1 Posted: March 20, 2014, 11:50:31 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
The relationship between mother and son had wilted in the wake of this affair whose roughage had caused the victim a great deal of grief. Things, however, were looking up as there was potential for the pair to turn a new leaf following several lettuce of apology.

Reply #2 Posted: March 20, 2014, 01:09:05 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
It's easy to make jokes, but this kind of attack could leave someone seriously hurt, perhaps even a vegetable.

Reply #3 Posted: March 20, 2014, 01:44:03 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Why are some General Chat threads showing up in New Posts and some aren't?

Reply #4 Posted: March 20, 2014, 03:28:30 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!

They all show up for me :-\

do they show up in 'all unread topics' ?

Reply #5 Posted: March 20, 2014, 04:57:21 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

They all show up for me :-\

do they show up in 'all unread topics' ?

I've never used Unread Topics. It was always habit for me to go to "New Posts". However, I've just realised that I have been clicking "New Replies" and my issue has become self explanatory.

Reply #6 Posted: March 20, 2014, 05:06:57 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Well at least she got a full head of lettuce

Reply #7 Posted: March 20, 2014, 05:45:59 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Lettuce not judge until we know the full facts behind this incident.

Reply #8 Posted: March 20, 2014, 07:05:20 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Those family foundations, seems like he wanted to rocket.

Reply #9 Posted: March 21, 2014, 08:28:44 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Dildos? Dildos!

Reply #10 Posted: March 21, 2014, 03:19:32 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Seams like your garden variety throwing lettuce at mum incident here. Happens all the time, not really news worthy.

I suspect it's a right of passage for every son in Invercargill.

Reply #11 Posted: March 22, 2014, 11:24:57 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I dont know how they did it, but they did it

Reply #12 Posted: January 09, 2015, 09:01:18 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

At 15 you are not a man. You are a boy.

Reply #13 Posted: January 09, 2015, 10:01:42 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

At 15 you are not a man. You are a boy.
If you get your finger caught doing pulls ups at a bus stop you're not a man, you're a moron

Reply #14 Posted: January 09, 2015, 10:18:55 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I tried very hard to work in the victim's lack of braining that lead to him forfeiting any dignity that may have been rooted in his gender.

You succeeded where I failed.

Reply #15 Posted: January 10, 2015, 12:55:00 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I like how it's mentioned that he was rescued at 4:45pm.

The fire service runs on schedule, unlike the bus.

Reply #16 Posted: January 10, 2015, 05:33:58 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Big news from Invercargill. Sheep Milk
http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=201222&cat=976&fm=newsarticle+-+Business%2cnur
Chinese investors are buying a pioneering sheep milk processing plant in Southland so the owner can concentrate on milk production.

31 January 2015
Chinese investors are buying New Zealand's pioneering sheep milk processing plant in Southland and are planning to expand it.

Blueriver (HK) Nutrition Company Ltd, a private company owned by Chinese investors with a background in infant formula products, is buying Blue River Dairy's factory in Nith Street, Invercargill for an undisclosed sum.

The plant produces milk powder from sheep milk.

The deal, announced on Saturday, is effective from February 1. It did not have to be approved by the Overseas Investment Commission because no land is involved.

The new owners plan to invest $40 million in a second drier to increase production.

Blue River, which has been a pioneer in sheep milk dairying since 2003, will focus on farming and its milk will be processed by Blueriver Nutrition HK.

The company has converted three Southland sheep farms to sheep dairying, producing about 1000 tonnes of sheep milk powder annually from 20,000 ewes.

Blue River is planning to expand to a flock of 100,000 ewes in the next few years, eventually producing more than 5000 tonnes of sheep milk powder.

Reply #17 Posted: February 01, 2015, 06:55:46 pm