Topic: The Power of The Internet

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Things to do tomorrow:
- Write about what happened last Thursday night (some of you have seen the pictures)
- Demonstrate the absolute power of Internet Sleuthing
Last Thursday I was assaulted at my house by my drunken flatmate. Anyone who reads my Google Plus posts would have seen the two pictures I posted up.

I was not hurt. Story below:
Spoiler :
At 6pm on Thursday 2 October 2014 I came home to find my non-Korean flatmate comatose by the phone. He was very drunk. When he came too he was very upset so I calmed him down and put him on the couch. My Korean flatmate came home and he started getting violent, trying to hit him and myself. I managed to calm him down again and tried to get him to go back to his room.

Just when he was leaving the kitchen he collapsed on the floor, seemingly asleep. I asked him if he wanted a cup of tea and he said yes. Cups of tea fix everything, that is what British Television has taught me.

I put the jug on and all of a sudden he starts saying, ranting really, "I will Kill you! I will Kill you! I'm gonna kill you!" and charged at me.

This was unexpected.

What I told the Police was that he came at me very fast and I threw him face first into the floor.

What actually happened is that I executed a Tsurikomi Goshi in a confined space. In English "I threw him face first into the floor". The guy was about my size. I am not used to fighting people my own size. If the guy had been a little taller, he would have been dead because the fall would have been broken by his neck, not his face. Kids: Dont try this at home.

I immediately told my Korean flatmate to call the police. He thought I was joking. I was not joking.

After about five minutes the drunken flatmate was conscious again, face first in a pool of his own blood. His first action was to mop it up with the floor mat. Then he crawled outside.

So the 111 emergency lady puts me through to police. They ask me the standard questions:
"What is the emergency?"
"Where do you live?"
"What is your name?"
"What is the assailants name?"
And then she asked me:
"What was he wearing?"
My reply was:
'Blood? Lots and lots of blood.'

She didnt appreciate that answer.
"No, I mean what was he physically wearing?!"

'I dont know. I cant remember. He has crawled outside and I am not going out there to see what he is wearing.'

She said they would send an ambulance then asked a few more questions and about 2 minutes later the police arrived. Unbeknownst to me at the time, there were three police cards, an ambulance, and a fire engine outside our house. A friend of mine was driving past my house on the way home from work and texted me to ask what was wrong.

The police took our flatmate to the ambulance while myself and my Korean flatmate were questioned. I told them what is written here (minus the Tsurikomi Goshi bit because "floor+face = super effective" in any language)

After the questioning the police asked me how long I had lived in Invercargill. I said:
'About five years'
"Oh, how do you find Invercargill?"
'Its a little chilly'
Urr. I'll split this into two posts because that story ran long. Plus the second post might get censored because it will contain personal information, but I am not too sure about the rules on public/personal information here

Posted: October 08, 2014, 08:51:32 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Pics and you should have followed up with Elbows to the face

Reply #1 Posted: October 08, 2014, 09:06:33 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
The only two things I knew that were true for sure about my assailant are this:
1) His name.
The name he was giving the police at the time, and the one he gave to my Korean flatmate and myself, was a false one. The police did a check and found his actual name.
Darryl Mark Edwards

2) His mother had died very recently

Armed with only these two things, I found:
Previous Convictions
The name of his father
 - age of his father
 - burial plot of his father
The name of his mother
 - age of his mother
 - burial plot of his mother
The name of his older brother and wife
The name of his deceased younger brother
The name of his younger sister and her husband
The name of his ex-wife
The name of his three children
 - previous convictions
 - current schools
 - ages
 - current locations
The names of all of his nieces and nephews

This is all WITHOUT using Facebook. If I had a Facebook account, then I could probably get all the information on his family that I could ever want. However, the drunk flatmate is Technologically illiterate. However, I know that he has left a digital mark somewhere.

I was curious just how far you can go with the information searching and decided to try to find out about his older brother. What I found was:
The name of his older brother
 - previous schools
 - current address
 - previous addresses
 - current phone number (mobile and landline)
 - three different email addresses
 - current occupation
 - previous occupations

It turns out his older brother is a good man. Trained ambulance driver and first responder. No convictions. I stopped here though, because investigating innocent people is wrong.

I am considering posting up all of the links I found for the information, in discovery order, but I think this is enough to give you an idea of just how frighteningly large the amount of information out there about you is.

Reply #2 Posted: October 08, 2014, 09:08:26 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Pics and you should have followed up with Elbows to the face
I wasnt sure if he was alive or not.

I am still waiting for the court news about it, which is why I didnt post up what happened straight away.
edit: fuzzy picture

The whole floor is smeared with blood, but it is hard to see from my cellphone picture. Under the floor mat is congealing blood where the guy tried to wipe up
Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:18:35 am by Tiwaking!

Reply #3 Posted: October 08, 2014, 09:16:00 am

Offline Tiwaking!

It turns out his older brother is a good man. Trained ambulance driver and first responder. No convictions. I stopped here though, because investigating innocent people is wrong.
Oh yeah. It turns out, according to the succession court papers I found, that the drunk flatmate was completely written out of his fathers will by his older brother.

Bloody good move on his part.

Reply #4 Posted: October 08, 2014, 09:21:53 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
TL;DR

Flatmate you came home to was blind drunk because his life is an unfortunate mess brought on by drinking, deceased parents and bad decisions. He lashes out in a drunken haze, you call cops and you find out that the name he had given you and your flatmate when he moved in was a false identity to prevent you uncovering his past?

I'm not sure I would have called the cops. I've been in town plenty of times and at parties where drunks have randomly taken a swing at me. Unless of course your flatmate had a weapon. However, the end result of calling the cops was a good one seeing as you learned who he really is.

Reply #5 Posted: October 08, 2014, 09:48:23 am

Offline Tiwaking!

I'm not sure I would have called the cops. I've been in town plenty of times and at parties where drunks have randomly taken a swing at me. Unless of course your flatmate had a weapon. However, the end result of calling the cops was a good one seeing as you learned who he really is.
People dont go from calmly sitting on the floor wanting a cup of tea all the way to threatening to kill you in the space of twenty seconds.

That is a prime indicator of something being seriously wrong.

Also: Attacking the fourth hokage is a very bad idea

Very bad idea

Reply #6 Posted: October 08, 2014, 09:55:28 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
TiwaNinja.

Reply #7 Posted: October 08, 2014, 10:08:01 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Tiwaking!

TL;DR

Flatmate you came home to was blind drunk because his life is an unfortunate mess brought on by drinking, deceased parents and bad decisions. He lashes out in a drunken haze, you call cops and you find out that the name he had given you and your flatmate when he moved in was a false identity to prevent you uncovering his past?
You know what?

This would make an awesome script for a Michael Bay movie. I can see the trailer now, with a voice over by Don LaFontaine

In a world
One man
One life
One drink
When your life is no longer your own

Crouching Tenant, Hidden Drunkard

Reply #8 Posted: October 08, 2014, 10:15:22 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Very bad idea

True. But I've seen some truly bizarre behaviour fuelled by alcohol.

I've run through town completely naked after a half dozen brewskis.

Ive also slept with women I should not have after a night on the poison.

Reply #9 Posted: October 08, 2014, 10:25:01 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

Very bad idea

True. But I've seen some truly bizarre behaviour fuelled by alcohol.

I've run through town completely naked after a half dozen brewskis.

Ive also slept with women I should not have after a night on the poison.

^^^ This.

Just remember, a good hip throw should always be followed up with Elbows, Knees or a good lock

Reply #10 Posted: October 08, 2014, 10:28:59 am

Offline Tiwaking!

^^^ This.

Just remember, a good hip throw should always be followed up with Elbows, Knees or a good lock
Osoto Gari is a hip throw

Tsurikomi Goshi is a throw from the neck/chest using your shoulder

Done safely the Tsurikomi Goshi will end with the opponent on their back

Done .... mmm..... 'not so safely' the Tsurikomi Goshi ends up with the opponent on their face (if opponent is same height) or neck (if opponent is taller)

There will be no follow up if performed onto a hard surface

Reply #11 Posted: October 08, 2014, 10:33:38 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
^^^ This.

Osoto Gari is a hip throw

Tsurikomi Goshi is a throw from the neck/chest using your shoulder

Done safely the Tsurikomi Goshi will end with the opponent on their back

Done .... mmm..... 'not so safely' the Tsurikomi Goshi ends up with the opponent on their face (if opponent is same height) or neck (if opponent is taller)

There will be no follow up if performed onto a hard surface

He got away, so clearly needed follow up

Reply #12 Posted: October 08, 2014, 10:37:57 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
You made 100% the correct decision Tiwa.
This story makes me glad.

Reply #13 Posted: October 10, 2014, 09:47:23 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Well done that man

Reply #14 Posted: October 10, 2014, 10:19:34 am

Codex

dayum that's intense

Reply #15 Posted: October 10, 2014, 12:53:27 pm