Topic: ASB Bank are a bunch of arseholes.

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3585/assholesol0.jpg
ASB Bank are a bunch of arseholes.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/4424/ohoq9.jpg
ASB Bank are a bunch of arseholes.

Nice work arseholes, I have a healthy $1.04 in my account and you sting me into the the negative, then you sting me again for being in the negative!

Good one jerkoff's, there'll be no food for me all week. The funny thing is, I never used to get these fee's while I was working. Now that I have no proof of income they give me no overdraft.

Great thinking tosser's; "Hey, he's got no money now, so lets charge him more!"

Arsewipes, they stung me in my other account aswell so that's $40 for being a grand total of about $2 overdraft.

I bet they have a little man who sits there all day waiting for someone to get down to $1 so he can charge them into the negative then charge them again for being in the negative, I bet he loves it to.

That little prick is sitting there right now laughing at me and my -$41.87

I'm sick of this bullshit, whats a good bank I can change to that looks after poor people.

Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:24:20 pm

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
  • ArtanisNZ has no influence.
ASB are shitters like that.. i would suggest thinking about find a more studying friendly bank.. asb have been rated one of the least student friendly banks.

Reply #1 Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:31:54 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Contact the Banking Ombudsman - they love stuff like this.
http://www.bankombudsman.org.nz/

Reply #2 Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:33:40 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
  • Xt1ncT has no influence.
Don't go to National.

We wanted to re-finance, and they were being total arseholes about it, at least our new personal banker was. They wouldn't approve it despite me and my wife earning well in excess of what was needed to service the loan. So instead of looking after an existing customer they lost us to Westpac who approved it almost immediately.

So yeah, I'd recommend Westpac, but just check their terms and conditions to make sure you don't get stung for things you don't want to be stung for.

Reply #3 Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:33:46 pm

Offline DooleysMagic

• Just settled in
  • DooleysMagic has no influence.
National Bank are student friendly but not so good for loans. But do you want a loan? Or do you want student friendly?

Reply #4 Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:33:48 pm
WIP Sig Comp
[/SIZE]

Offline Donkey

• Addicted
  • Donkey has no influence.
National Bank ftw.

Call ASB, tell them to close your accounts and tell them you're leaving because their service is shit. You might find they suddenly come up with a better banking deal for you.

Reply #5 Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:34:14 pm

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
Quote from: DooleysMagic;378993
National Bank

Quote from: Donkey;378995
National Bank ftw.
Haha - not for everyone it seems.

See my post just above yours.

They lost half a million bucks worth of business from me in February because htey were idiots. And now I'm about to go into business for myself it means they lost even more than that.:bounce:

Reply #6 Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:35:57 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
lol.

Yeah I definitly dont want a loan, just an account with no bs $20 fee's.

Might look at National.

Reply #7 Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:39:48 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
ANZ and National are relatively student friendly from what i know, the one other person i know on ASB has had a shitload of probs with them, he eventually left too

Reply #8 Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:40:20 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
westpac charge fees like a wounded hippo. I'm in the process of dropping them and going to kiwibank, lower interest rates and if i play my cards right it wont cost me a bean to change. westpac wanted to charge me $250 just for the pleasure of sticking with them.

Reply #9 Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:41:11 pm

Offline SheepShagger556

• Devoted Member
  • SheepShagger556 has no influence.
Trust me I have had that happen before also. It sucks.

Reply #10 Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:41:53 pm
Quote from: Bell;1426496
A guy called SheepShagger telling you to go to the Shed to drink and watch a game of rugby.

This is New Zealand

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Wo Nationals Awesome you get a picture on your eftpos card.

I'm gonna have to get a good photo of myself.

Reply #11 Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:43:22 pm

Offline Phlex

• Addicted
  • Phlex has no influence.
Honest to who, National Bank can't even spell your last name right.

Reply #12 Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:50:49 pm

Offline dement

• Addicted
  • dement has no influence.
PSIS bro.

Reply #13 Posted: April 02, 2007, 12:53:24 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
ANZ are pretty crap.

I started an automatic payment with them to pay the rent once a week. Somehow they managed to mess it up and set up two automatic payments, both to go out on the same day.

Unfortully there was only enough for one payment, so I got changed $10 because there were insufficient funds for that playment.

Then, for some reason, the fee went from $10 to $20, by the time I worked out was going on I had alreay got $90 worth of fees. They only refunded $40 of it and no more.

Reply #14 Posted: April 02, 2007, 01:20:30 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Kiwibank pack is pretty good, but they are a bit gay and also dont give you a picture on your eftpos card.

Reply #15 Posted: April 02, 2007, 01:40:52 pm

Offline spliffted

• Devoted Member
  • spliffted has no influence.
BNZ seem to be pretty decent. I only pay a flat fee of $5 a month covering ALL bank fees such as eftpos withdrawels ect ect. and haven't had any problems so far.

Reply #16 Posted: April 02, 2007, 01:43:41 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Is National Banks online banking any good?

Reply #17 Posted: April 02, 2007, 01:44:13 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: Black Heart;379004
westpac charge fees like a wounded hippo. I'm in the process of dropping them and going to kiwibank, lower interest rates and if i play my cards right it wont cost me a bean to change. westpac wanted to charge me $250 just for the pleasure of sticking with them.

Banking with Westpac is like having your eye gouged out with a melon baller. Then the fucking begins.

Reply #18 Posted: April 02, 2007, 01:54:43 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
are you using a tertiary account?

Reply #19 Posted: April 02, 2007, 02:00:11 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;379049

I think it's pretty good, although I haven't use any other banks online banking.

I think with any bank you are going to find people who support it, and find people who dislike it. It's just they way things are.

Reply #20 Posted: April 02, 2007, 02:02:13 pm

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
Quote from: BerG;379049
Nope. At least it doesn't compare to some of hte others. In fact they've only just made it so you can set up your own AP's.

Quote from: Arnifix;379055
Banking with Westpac is like having your eye gouged out with a melon baller. Then the fucking begins.
Funny, because that's how I felt about National.

Horses for courses really. If a bank has treated you badly you won't go back to them - which is what happened with National. Westpac came to the party and have been great :)

Reply #21 Posted: April 02, 2007, 02:11:21 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
They're all as bad as each other. My Father's with Westpac and he's had his share of fights with them. I bank with BNZ and they will rip you a new one for $20 a time just like BerG got from ASB if you're overdrawn. Over the years i've been with ASB, National, ANZ/PostBank and BNZ - none of them have been good enough to me to recommend to anyone else.

Reply #22 Posted: April 02, 2007, 02:19:34 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Give your money to me, i'll take good care of it :bounce:

Reply #23 Posted: April 02, 2007, 02:22:56 pm

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
  • ArtanisNZ has no influence.
Quote from: Black Heart;379004

g/f's student account with westpac and my cheque account is now fee free :P along with most kiwi bank shit as well.

Reply #24 Posted: April 02, 2007, 02:29:27 pm