Topic: Hosting my DayZ Servers - NZ | Marks

Offline markattwoooll

• I Posted!
  • markattwoooll has no influence.
Hi -  my name is Mark and I host a few Dayz servers of my own (NZ | Marks Lingor, Cherno, Taviana, Origins, Epoch Cherno etc) which some of you may or may not know of.

These are mostly customised maps with AI and other mods added in, which seem to be relatively popular.

My question is, I am getting to a point where I am unable to host this stuff myself and was wondering if anyone has a contact at Orcon I could hit up to see if I could get some resource from them (and name the servers appropriately after them) as I would be sad to see these be decommissioned due to resource.

Anyways, said I'd float the idea here and see if any response...

Cheers,
Mark

Posted: July 20, 2013, 09:20:05 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Why orcon?

We could host them for you provided there is interest in playing them.

We only dont run any due to the frequent hackers causing more problems for players than we could deal with.

What kind of access do you need to the servers to be able to set this up? We could setup FTP and run them as services you have remote access to.

Reply #1 Posted: July 20, 2013, 11:01:01 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline markattwoooll

• I Posted!
Hi there,

My apologies, I thought Orcon ran the GetSome servers, but I'm assuming this is incorrect? (I'm not very well informed on NZ hosters so I guess this was a wrong assumption?)

I have 5 servers on the go currently;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7937[/ATTACH]

These are hosted over two machines, the Cherno one and Origins on a separate box which had a great net connection but unfortunately my ability to use it has come to an end (hosted at work) hence looking for a new host.

The Lingor, Taviana and Epoch Cherno are hosted on a PC off my home net connection which works fine for the most part but any users playing have to suffer a pretty high ping (200ms-ish most times)

I use batch scripts to start the servers and they are based off DayZ Control Center files to do the hosting, the also run Battleye and Battleeye Extended Controls to run a schedule for restarts (which use same said batch scripts) to restart every 6 hours or so.

I could live without the Origins server I guess as its not quite "official" being running of 1.7.1 and not the latest 1.7.5 files, one of my colleagues and I did however heavily edit the mission files, removing the standard AI at Salvation Island and replacing with SargeAI, as well as adding custom loot and missions for players to attempt (more AI patrols and special loot trucks)

Details of that here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77430330/Origins%20AI/OriginsAIVersion1.0.html

I'm not sure what kind of access I'd need at a minimum,  I'm assuming ftp would be fine for uploading any altered files but how would I go about restarting the server if necessary (ie. running the batch files without login access?)

Any ideas would be appreciated, by far the standard Dayz Cherno 1.7.7.1 map and Taviana are the most popular, I've customised both a bit with extra vehicle spawns, SargeAI and a special task on Skalisty Island (which now has a bridge access) as I've placed 3 weapon crates surrounded by several groups of AI bandits which patrol around them.

Jump on sometime and have a look and see what you think, if any interest let me know as would be good to keep them going :)

Cheers,
Mark

Reply #2 Posted: July 20, 2013, 12:38:53 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
So we run our services using windows services.

We can remotley via webpage restart them and stop them etc. we could give you access to stop them, then upload your files and start them.

The restart scripts are something we can schedule.

I dont play DayZ myself, too much hassle with the client etc.

if Osiris wants to give this a crack ill happily work with you to get it going.

Reply #3 Posted: July 20, 2013, 01:07:45 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...
Can you host a DayZero server?

Reply #4 Posted: July 20, 2013, 01:49:43 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
AFAIK we can host anything as long as there is a playerbase for it, and the maintenance required isnt too extensive. (ie: hourly updates that cant be automated)

Reply #5 Posted: July 20, 2013, 02:07:39 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...
hmmm

Probably best to hold off until the Standalone then.

Should only be a couple weeks away.

Reply #6 Posted: July 20, 2013, 02:18:44 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: kookynic;1528787
hmmm

Probably best to hold off until the Standalone then.

Reply #7 Posted: July 20, 2013, 05:17:22 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

Reply #8 Posted: July 20, 2013, 09:52:28 pm

Offline EuphoricBliss

• Devoted Member
  • EuphoricBliss has no influence.
yusssssssssssssssssss

Reply #9 Posted: July 20, 2013, 10:21:07 pm
Quote from:
I\'mma smash you IRL, buddy. You better finnish up that line cause you\'re gonna need to be in another state of mind to deal with the pain once I\'m done with you.

Offline HandofBlood

• Just settled in
  • HandofBlood has no influence.
Quote from: kookynic;1528787

DayZ laws state you cant say that.

Reply #10 Posted: July 21, 2013, 12:39:12 am
i5-4670K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z87 Extreme4 | 8GB Corsair Dominator | EVGA/Asus GeForce GTX 680  SLi | 250GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | Corsair AX860i PSU | NZXT Phantom White

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

Reply #11 Posted: July 21, 2013, 09:23:46 am

Offline markattwoooll

• I Posted!
So... aside from the drama about the standalone, do I need to speak to anyone in particular about my original question?

Reply #12 Posted: July 21, 2013, 02:24:47 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
I have sent the link to osiris to comment on.

Reply #13 Posted: July 21, 2013, 05:40:58 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline markattwoooll

• I Posted!
I take it thats a no go on this then? Any update?

Thanks,
Mark

Reply #14 Posted: July 25, 2013, 09:47:37 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
i pm'd him again

Reply #15 Posted: July 25, 2013, 10:24:52 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Sorry I have no interest in trying to maintain this.

Reply #16 Posted: July 26, 2013, 10:27:20 pm