Topic: Big J's - Mt. Wellington, Auckland

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
Since on I'm on a burger tip at the moment, I can't recommend Big J's in Mt Wellington enough. It's really nothing to look at premises wise and it's in an odd location but if 'bang for buck' is what you're after than he's very very difficult to beat. I heard a rumour he was the chef at the Union Post in Ellerslie for a time but left to start his own thing and as he's a start up I guess cheap premises was top of the list. His popularity is really growing and lunchtime he's slammed now so I imagine he'll be looking to move to a better location sometime soon.

He does a burger of the week, which I will probably throw up a review for when i go (perhaps not the best phrase to use there but anyway) from time to time as it's close to where I work.

Anyway, if for some reason you're over or near Sylvia Park or even going to Mt Smart Stadium, it's sort of in between the two and well worth a visit....share a lemon pepper fries aswell, there's tons of them. I've heard that the Kumara Fries are pretty special too if that's your thing.

Burger of the week goes up on here https://www.facebook.com/big.js.takeaways on a Wednesday, takes him a day to take a photo of it for some reason though :)

I'll scan up my menu and stick it on here later.

Posted: August 09, 2013, 02:37:26 pm
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron