Topic: Hearthstone

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
So, Hunter Zoo deck FTMFW.

That is all.

Reply #50 Posted: April 29, 2014, 10:38:44 am
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
What you do is bad and you should feel bad. Incidentally, just dinged 6 after demolishing a zoo hunter with the whelps from his own Leeroy. Feels good mang.

EDIT: Then beat a zoo lock after he reduced me to 1 health twice.
Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:31:24 pm by Arnifix

Reply #51 Posted: April 29, 2014, 07:22:34 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Oh god, now I'm in the roflpwned leagues. Just beat a mage with over 500 mage wins under their belt and now I'm up against a rank 5 for the first time ever. EDIT: I LOST TAHNKS TO A SHIT MISPLAY FUCK MIRACLE ROGUE
Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 05:16:34 pm by Arnifix

Reply #52 Posted: May 01, 2014, 05:10:41 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Yeah, I'm going to leave the Ranked for a few days - let all the shitheads who are concerned with ranking up to battle it out before I have a go at guys with the same skill level and deck mash ups as me.

I also want to try a dodgy, OTK, stall for weeks, Mage deck because I can. And a giant zoo of doom Hunter, again, because I can. I'm also thinking a card engine aggro as fuck Warrior will be amusing as shit also... I've gone from enjoying the game to now toying with the mechanics of how fuckwits play it to try to amuse myself at my opponent's defence.

Meanwhile I won three games in a row with Ragnaros luck bombs. He's such a GC.

Reply #53 Posted: May 02, 2014, 12:21:59 pm

Offline Arnifix

Yes, the start of the new season seems to be freaking awful. I have gotten nowhere :(

Reply #54 Posted: May 03, 2014, 12:59:32 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Just started playing this. Pretty fun. Just been playing casual and winning and losing a bunch.

Level a couple of heroes to 10 against AI to start. That unlocks a bunch of cards for each hero. Also beating all the AI then expert AI nets you a bit of gold.

Is playing the AI better than playing against people. I generally seem to find playing AI makes your game play fairly static in most games, and then you get destroyed in pvp. That being said, I imagine you could really optimize the AI in this, to play the most efficient way.

Reply #55 Posted: May 03, 2014, 01:51:59 pm

Offline Arnifix

Playing AI is unwise, as you aren't seeing the same level of deviousness and you also cannot complete some quests vs AI, which is super bad if you are not putting money into the game.

EDIT: Another thing to note is that by removing chat from the game, they have essentially turned other players into AI.

Reply #56 Posted: May 03, 2014, 03:22:58 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Just started playing this. Pretty fun. Just been playing casual and winning and losing a bunch.

Level a couple of heroes to 10 against AI to start. That unlocks a bunch of cards for each hero. Also beating all the AI then expert AI nets you a bit of gold.

Is playing the AI better than playing against people. I generally seem to find playing AI makes your game play fairly static in most games, and then you get destroyed in pvp. That being said, I imagine you could really optimize the AI in this, to play the most efficient way.

Do it to unlock the cards for a class or 2, you can make some decent decks out of the free cards. Doesn't take much time to get a class to level 10. Also, do it just to get the gold rewards from it.

Reply #57 Posted: May 03, 2014, 05:45:31 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline toofast

• Addicted

Do it to unlock the cards for a class or 2, you can make some decent decks out of the free cards. Doesn't take much time to get a class to level 10. Also, do it just to get the gold rewards from it.

Yea i ended up playing AI to unlock the last 2 characters i needed, and now just been playing around on a few different classes. Mage still is my favourite, but i could see myself going the druid or warrior way.

Reply #58 Posted: May 03, 2014, 06:31:08 pm

Offline Arnifix

Priest vs Hunter (with me playing pig disgusting ladder climb hunter).

Priest passes turn one.

I coin crocolisk.

Priest drops Ancient Watcher.

I hit him in the face and hero power, putting him on 26.

He silences my crocolisk, says "Hmmm, not quite what was planned," and concedes.

I'll take it.

Reply #59 Posted: May 05, 2014, 06:55:42 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
Priest vs Hunter (with me playing pig disgusting ladder climb hunter).

Priest passes turn one.

I coin crocolisk.

Priest drops Ancient Watcher.

I hit him in the face and hero power, putting him on 26.

He silences my crocolisk, says "Hmmm, not quite what was planned," and concedes.

I'll take it.

lol - that Watcher Silence combo screw up.

I learnt a valuable lesson in never conceding a week or so ago. I was playing Mage, and on 12 health, and he was on about 16 - I expended all my cards for a final run at him to put pressure down, figuring the few cards he had were worthless else they would have been played. I drop 4 minions and hit him to the face to drop him to 7 health. I would have had lethal, but he drops Deathwing... Board cleared, me withno cards in hand, I wait for the next card, which was a Faerie Dragon - I play it, and end turn ready for my fate. He drops a charge minion, and takes out my Faerie Dragon. I was only waiting to see what the glorious thump from a 12/12 Legendary would look like. But it didn't come, and he ended turn... Waiting on some more RNG, out pops Leeroy, and I won the game. In disbelief. Leeroy beat Deathwing. BOOMSHAKALAKA.

I too am trying to climb with a dirty zoo hunter, but am getting screwed over by RNG (some would say karma). Cards just not coming my way so I'm winning 2 out of 3 games at the moment, but I really want those streak jumps to grab a few more ranks on the easy. Might be time to roll out the Mage. Or buy some more cards to get some more Legendaries/dust.

Reply #60 Posted: May 06, 2014, 10:24:14 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Just getting into this.

The strategies some people pull surprise the fuck out of me sometimes.

They're probably generic strategies too haha.

All hail the mighty Malygos.

...Just read about Inner fire. I guess I need to figure out how to craft this.. I've been using another mob who's battlecry swaps ap and hp, making Malygos a big hitter but easy take down.

Reply #61 Posted: May 07, 2014, 12:54:38 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Arnifix

Find something that works and run with it. Last month I played a paladin healer that was madly out of meta. This month I've tried aggro mage, miracle rogue and aggro hunter. Hunter is disgusting, but it's working (and give that my pally would frequently fatigue opponents to death, it's super fast) which my pally was not.

Reply #62 Posted: May 08, 2014, 12:22:45 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Playing these dirty strats, just takes this game to another level of fun. Played a lvl1 zoolock to take my warlock to 10, then did the same with an aggro hunter. Was just laughing all the way at the opponents response. Nothing better than seeing your opponent panic when they are truly fucked by turn 5. Played a pretty entertaining one, where someone had a murloc stacked deck against my lvl 1 hunter (so pretty much none of the good cards), and had the early lead but panic'd and started to attack my minions instead of my face despite me having no way to clear his minions.

Also crushing someones small comeback with a release the hounds with a few buffs on the board, can really break some hearts. I know at some point I will have to play this game seriously, but i do hope i can carry on this fun for a bit longer.

Reply #63 Posted: May 08, 2014, 11:28:01 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
Playing these dirty strats, just takes this game to another level of fun. Played a lvl1 zoolock to take my warlock to 10, then did the same with an aggro hunter. Was just laughing all the way at the opponents response. Nothing better than seeing your opponent panic when they are truly fucked by turn 5. Played a pretty entertaining one, where someone had a murloc stacked deck against my lvl 1 hunter (so pretty much none of the good cards), and had the early lead but panic'd and started to attack my minions instead of my face despite me having no way to clear his minions.

Also crushing someones small comeback with a release the hounds with a few buffs on the board, can really break some hearts. I know at some point I will have to play this game seriously, but i do hope i can carry on this fun for a bit longer.

Get that Release the Hounds fun in while you can - they're about to nerf it to a 3 mana card.

My favourite quote about the Hunter deck is that it's just 28 shit cards you want to get rid of, and release the hounds. And it's so true. You play your opponent until you can unleash the boys on them - my favourite tactic is a round 8 slap down of a dire wolf, Leeroy Jenkins, and the hounds. Instant minimum of 10 damage if they have no minions out, or more if they have minions.

Reply #64 Posted: May 09, 2014, 10:02:19 am

Offline Arnifix

I'm going to be interested to see how the 3 mana UTH works. I don't see it as an issue as UTH isn't a tempo play, so its mana cost doesn't matter as much as, say, River Crocolisk or Animal Companion. Based on the way I play my deck, it's likely to lessen the OTK potential of the deck, but I never OTK opponents because it's too specific a board and hand state to hit.

Reply #65 Posted: May 09, 2014, 10:52:44 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
I'm going to be interested to see how the 3 mana UTH works. I don't see it as an issue as UTH isn't a tempo play, so its mana cost doesn't matter as much as, say, River Crocolisk or Animal Companion. Based on the way I play my deck, it's likely to lessen the OTK potential of the deck, but I never OTK opponents because it's too specific a board and hand state to hit.

Yep, I like the fact the Hunter Zoo is a solid round by round smash fest, not just a Mage stally wally OTK. I don't see the nerf as a big deal wither, just one more round I may have to wait to unleash a 10 point+ chargeball of boomshakalaka!

Reply #66 Posted: May 09, 2014, 12:55:24 pm

Offline Arnifix

Ugh, meta moves too fast for my old man brain. Started losing bad (2 games in a row) with hunter at higher ranks, so flipped to Miracle Warrior. Fun so far.

EDIT: I AM SO FICKLE.

Reply #67 Posted: May 10, 2014, 12:07:02 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Well... I just ran into a wild Kripp.

http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp/b/599808522 @ 2:14:00

Was fun watching a master at work.

Reply #68 Posted: December 16, 2014, 10:51:00 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
won 3 then got wiped 4.

still can't get my head around deck building.

Reply #69 Posted: December 17, 2014, 06:51:27 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
won 3 then got wiped 4.

still can't get my head around deck building.
Yeah, it's only just clicked for me.

I play way too casually to care too much, but I'm getting up to 7/8/9 wins now.

Gota improve my play to get the extra few wins.

The current deck I'm running in arena is a good one. 2-0 so far, see how it goes

Reply #70 Posted: December 17, 2014, 10:14:33 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
i am mostly sticking to mage and playing casually tried a few other decks tonight and got rolled each time went back to mage and won 1 so guess ill just muck about with that.

Reply #71 Posted: December 17, 2014, 07:25:45 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
Wuts yo' BattleTag?

This arena run is up to 10-1, so not bad.

EDIT: 12-2. First 12 run, happy with that.
Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:11:47 pm by Xenolightning

Reply #72 Posted: December 17, 2014, 08:42:24 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Wuts yo' BattleTag?

already have you as a friend on my list saw you online the other night

Reply #73 Posted: December 18, 2014, 08:15:31 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
Wuts yo' BattleTag?

already have you as a friend on my list saw you online the other night
I has you too! lol

Reply #74 Posted: January 03, 2015, 11:08:06 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-