Topic: Verdun - WW1 - FPS (on Steam)

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
A lovely review....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we look at Verdun in the standards of modern gaming, it fails miserably.

Compared to triple A games and large developers, Verdun and it's developers fails in almost every aspect of game making.

No first day DLC save final updates.
No microtransactions.
No "pay to win" mentality.
No unrealistic twitch shooting.
No dodgy business practices.
No massive failures on day one.
No insane advantage for high level gamers.
No false advertising.

By today's standards, verdun would fail on the table of EA, Bethesda, CA, SEGA, Nintendo, and just about every single gaming company that is larger than, say, CD Projekt Red.

These failures, however, make this game the best FPS on the market as of now.

These indie developers have crafted the most satisfying experience I have had in a first person shooter in a long damned time.

The game is perfectly digestable, the upgrades system is easy to get, the weapons are balanced and look and handle fantastically...

The list of amazing acheivements this game has accomplished could go on for pages of writing.

Verdun created it's own version of FPS gameplay, taking us to an era most companies find dull and drab. The trench warfare turn based attack gameplay is insane, as you see first hand the horrors of the First World War, which, by the way, is now 100 years past.

I bought this game in eraly access and was satisfied with it. Now I can't get enough of it!

I have been fed up with large companies coming out with garbage and selling DLC every five minutes. Verdun's updates and new squards are being released free of charge over the next while, so this game will become even better and more varied than it is now.

Verdun is one of a special kind of game, one that requires teamwork to dominate the map. While battlefield has become zany and unrealistic, Verdun forces you to play as a team, and unlike in battlefield, if you fail to do so, you will die again, and again, and again.

I cannot recommend this game more to anyone. The learning curb is massive, but you have so many classes to play as that are open to even the newest players.

Honestly there is something satisfying about having to use bolt action rifles in a trench that is captivating in and of itself. It is insanly addicitive and the squad based gameplay is incredible.

Verdun is by far the best FPS I have ever played as I have put in so many hours of my life into it (roughly 10 hours alone in hte last few weeks).

I cannot recommend this game any more.

SO GO BUY IT.

And as for some advice, keep your head down.
This isn't Call of Duty.

-------------------------------------------------------

Video Review:

https://youtube.com/devicesupport

--------------------------------------------------------

Get it here -> http://store.steampowered.com/app/242860/

Posted: May 08, 2015, 03:39:40 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
WTF is up with that youtube video?

Sounds interesting Spig, are you playing it?

Reply #1 Posted: May 08, 2015, 07:05:21 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
WTF is up with that youtube video?

Youtube changed their API, embedding is borked.

Reply #2 Posted: May 08, 2015, 07:49:42 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Indeed. The fevor reminds me of the early days of BF2.
I was just thinking recently about how nothing modern has this same feel. Like the golden age of gaming has come and gone and we were in it.

Then Spig posts this, so I guess there are still small glimmers of hope.

Reply #3 Posted: May 09, 2015, 07:46:30 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
The learning curb is massive

Lol'd

Reply #4 Posted: May 09, 2015, 02:28:42 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me