Topic: What are people getting some of ?

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Virt is beyond his time. He lives in a period where the world just isn't ready to accept his brilliance.

He's a modern day Galileo.

Reply #25 Posted: July 31, 2014, 09:06:30 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I've been getting back to WoW (god help me) a bit, playing Horde since I have not seen much of that side. Also playing Europia Universalis 4 and getting to the end of Sniper Elite 3. I recently bought a Wii U so some Mario Kart 8 online. Mostly I'm waiting for Destiny to come out, hoping to get into it's multiplayer for a while.

Recently bought Divinity, Original Sin. It's a lot like Baldurs gate in RPG ness except battles are turn based / action points. It has massive crafting elements, and a lot of depth, quests / voice acting / story all well done.

Will keep me entertained anyway.

I got that when it went to full release and love the combat and character leveling, but then I got to the big boss of the first area and had to fight 3 other bosses I had encountered and I lost all motivation to play it. I really should try it again though.

Reply #26 Posted: July 31, 2014, 11:48:23 am

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted
  • ArtanisNZ has no influence.
Banished, Unturned, Planet Explorers, Kerbal Space Program, War Thunder.

Reply #27 Posted: July 31, 2014, 02:32:16 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

I'll take 'What are 5 games you've never heard of' for $400 thanks, Alex.

Reply #28 Posted: July 31, 2014, 02:47:37 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I was a bit disappointed in Banished.

It's well made, and polished.

But it's ridiculously slow paced. Even running at 10x speed it takes forever for anything to happen. And there's not much to do. And I would like to see much more variety in goods that your village can produce.

However I'm sure the guy will make updates.

Reply #29 Posted: July 31, 2014, 02:50:19 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
I think it's open for modding too which is a good thing. I enjoyed it but tired of it quickly.

I picked up XCOM and Bioshock infinite in a humble bundle a week or so ago. Been playing the shit out of both. Bioshock infinite is a stunning game.

Reply #30 Posted: July 31, 2014, 03:00:30 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Bioshock infinite is a stunning game.

It is most awesome.

In this world of generic online shooters its good to have a single players FPS with a good story.

Reply #31 Posted: July 31, 2014, 03:27:23 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

The combat in Bioshock Infinite was monotonus and tedious. I hated it. The weapons were also uninspired and often resembled each other. I would have been happy if guns where completely removed and you relied on your plasmids.

Reply #32 Posted: July 31, 2014, 03:33:13 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
I'm sorry, what? I was busy looking at the lush, pastel scenery and enjoying an AI companion that doesn't have the palsy.

Reply #33 Posted: July 31, 2014, 03:44:25 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
The combat in Bioshock Infinite was monotonus and tedious. I hated it. The weapons were also uninspired and often resembled each other. I would have been happy if guns where completely removed and you relied on your plasmids.

I agree with you about the combat but I think the plasmids should of been removed and the combat should of centered around guns and perhaps melee weapons with unique designs. Or maybe allow the weapons to be augmented with plasmid types powers.

To me the plasmids were only there because the game was named Bioshock. There seemed to be no reason for them to be in Columbia given the philosophy behind the place.

Reply #34 Posted: July 31, 2014, 03:54:01 pm

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted

I'll take 'What are 5 games you've never heard of' for $400 thanks, Alex.

Time to boarden your gaming horizons then?

Reply #35 Posted: July 31, 2014, 05:11:21 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

Yeah I've found the weapons a bit of a let down, kind of a 'wait, which one is this?', but when taking in to account how awesome the rest of the game is, it's easy to forgive.

Reply #36 Posted: July 31, 2014, 05:47:19 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Kerbal Space Program, War Thunder.

KSP is fun for a bit, War Thunder I didn't get into - can't bind yaw on my Mouse

Reply #37 Posted: July 31, 2014, 08:56:41 pm

Offline ArtanisNZ

• Addicted

KSP is fun for a bit, War Thunder I didn't get into - can't bind yaw on my Mouse

Next time try Q E on thats your yaw in mouse aim mode

Reply #38 Posted: July 31, 2014, 09:06:01 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

Next time try Q E on thats your yaw in mouse aim mode

It messes with my muscle memory - especially when jumping from BF3/BF4 where I have my controls set just the way I like them. TBH if a game tells me that I can't bind a particular key/axis to a particular function, then I am not too interested in playing it

Reply #39 Posted: July 31, 2014, 09:37:35 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I've been getting back to WoW (god help me) a bit, playing Horde since I have not seen much of that side.

Ive been thinking about having another blast on wow with the new expansion incoming!

Reply #40 Posted: August 01, 2014, 11:20:15 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Clin

• Addicted
I played Pandaria for a couple days last month. I really wanted to enjoy it but I didn't. And don't get me wrong, the effort they put into it is really good, I just don't have it in me.

Blizzard is still currently getting my $USD14.95 per month though. I should really sort that.

Reply #41 Posted: August 01, 2014, 11:29:52 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
I kind of agree. I've never got into raiding, I've always been into leveling, questing, exploring, dungeon-ing and while I liked the content in the other expansions, Pandaria never grabbed me. Which is why I'm not playing on my Alliance characters and playing new classes I haven't really tried on the Horde side.

Reply #42 Posted: August 01, 2014, 12:43:31 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
just got free 5 days game time.... have a little looksie

will probably buy new expansion regardless and play for a few months

Reply #43 Posted: August 01, 2014, 12:48:07 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
I've been getting back to WoW (god help me) a bit, playing Horde since I have not seen much of that side. Also playing Europia Universalis 4 and getting to the end of Sniper Elite 3. I recently bought a Wii U so some Mario Kart 8 online. Mostly I'm waiting for Destiny to come out, hoping to get into it's multiplayer for a while.

Recently bought Divinity, Original Sin. It's a lot like Baldurs gate in RPG ness except battles are turn based / action points. It has massive crafting elements, and a lot of depth, quests / voice acting / story all well done.

Will keep me entertained anyway.

I got that when it went to full release and love the combat and character leveling, but then I got to the big boss of the first area and had to fight 3 other bosses I had encountered and I lost all motivation to play it. I really should try it again though.
Haha, I did a similar thing, to some extent. I managed to do most of the eastern exploration using sneak / teleportation, and setting barrel traps. It was so hard! then  I realised I should have gone west first...I strolled through the easy western areas.

The way I won against the 4 was a lot of luck. The main guy has 1 massive attack that kills your guys in 1 swoop if it hits. However if you get them in the right places, the attack misses, one of my first close attempts he actually killed another boss.
Anyway my final winning tactic was concentrate on killing them one at a time, trying to disable / distract them with freeze or summoned skeletons while I rushed / smashed the poison boss first, the main boss only has that one attack, then spends most of his time running away, if you keep your melee guys on him, he basically defeats himself by getting extra hits from opportunity attacks. Keep your fire resistance high because the twins seem to be the hardest hitting boss.

Reply #44 Posted: August 03, 2014, 04:50:29 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

God damn.

Had a great BL2 session with Em and his lady.

Do want.

Reply #45 Posted: August 04, 2014, 02:04:46 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
Chiggidy-check this title out. Running on unreal, PC exclusive and slated for early access this year at $15.00. Could make some of the bitter vets around here weep for simpler times.

Gamespot article here

Reply #46 Posted: August 04, 2014, 02:40:50 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

OH GOD. YES YES YES YES YES YES.

It's a sad state of affairs when the crux of your campaign is to advertise how good games USE to be.

Now I want to fire up UT3 again.

What they should have put that video is "AND...NO HATS".

Reply #47 Posted: August 04, 2014, 02:59:51 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
Don't. No one plays that exquisite game.

I've been thinking. What games could we actually LAN. It's not really a LAN if the server is in Sydney, is it?

Reply #48 Posted: August 04, 2014, 03:07:13 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
OH GOD. YES YES YES YES YES YES.

It's a sad state of affairs when the crux of your campaign is to advertise how good games USE to be.

Now I want to fire up UT3 again.

What they should have put that video is "AND...NO HATS".

I like the hats.... but man, I think I am going to have to start Friday afternoon UT classic in the office again

Reply #49 Posted: August 04, 2014, 03:29:02 pm