Topic: Learn2Code

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Long time no see. How are we.

Down to brass tax here. I need to learn how to code as I fucking hate my trade job.

So far I've signed up to Plrualsight, Teamtreehouse, and FreeCodeCamp. I've gone through some HTML, CSS and barely touched JavaScript. I've also been on Teamtreehouse trying to learn Swift.

Am I a retard because I can't grasp this shit on my own, or what?

What I would love to do is make a connection with someone in Wellington who has the time and patience to help me learn. I cannot pay you, I am poor. I can just offer my time, and all the time required at a time that suits whoever may stick their hand up.

Posted: April 12, 2019, 02:52:30 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
I can't help you in that regard, but I can correct you! Brass tacks, not brass tax.

Reply #1 Posted: April 12, 2019, 05:33:50 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Long time no see. How are we.
Hi Swindle! Long time no see!
Im doing well, thanks for asking! Since the last time I met I got hired by the Southern Institute of Technology to teach any subject in IT.
Down to brass tax here. I need to learn how to code as I fucking hate my trade job.
Ever considered becoming a Quantity Surveyor? I got the diploma in Quantity Surveying in 2017. Not sure if I'll do the degree. Its easy but all maths all day. Thankfully we have computers to do that stuff now.
So far I've signed up to Plrualsight, Teamtreehouse, and FreeCodeCamp. I've gone through some HTML, CSS and barely touched JavaScript. I've also been on Teamtreehouse trying to learn Swift.
I dont even know what those websites are. HTML and CSS was what I used to teach in 2012 along with a lot of other things. JavaScript is something you generally dont make yourself when you're a beginner, you just grab some (hopefully) working code and paste it onto your website.
Am I a retard because I can't grasp this shit on my own, or what?
It is possible but highly unlikely that this is the case. Having attempted to teach the (unbeknownst to them) retarded I can assure you that you are not stupid for not picking it up straight away. You're also not yet old enough to become downright incurably retarded.
For HTML your best bet at learning quickly is to find a website and take it apart piece by piece. The reason for this is that most websites these days are created using programs (such as Dreamweaver) or using the Bootstrap template.

You can checkout the Website I made for the local chess club: https://tiwakingswebsite.000webhostapp.com/chess/
It looks 200% better than any other Chess Website in New Zealand. Took about an hour. 50 minutes of that hour was fiddling with the pictures most of which I stole from the clubs Facebook page.
What I would love to do is make a connection with someone in Wellington who has the time and patience to help me learn. I cannot pay you, I am poor. I can just offer my time, and all the time required at a time that suits whoever may stick their hand up.
I'd be happy to help you, especially now because it is school holidays and I've got nothing to do. Unfortunately I dont live in Wellington :(

Reply #2 Posted: April 13, 2019, 10:48:03 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I've started a new job recently. Been having to learn a lot of php and html. Stuff I've never done before with my previous job.

And have to learn a lot of shit about cows as well.

Reply #3 Posted: April 26, 2019, 04:47:19 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I've started a new job recently. Been having to learn a lot of php and html. Stuff I've never done before with my previous job.

You working at LIC? :-P

Reply #4 Posted: April 26, 2019, 07:26:50 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

You working at LIC? :-P

CRV

Reply #5 Posted: May 14, 2019, 01:37:35 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
HTML, PHP, and Cows?
For a moment there I thought you worked with me.

How is the coding going Swindle?

Reply #6 Posted: August 24, 2019, 08:54:49 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.