Topic: Samsung Galaxy Tab or iPad?

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Personally I'd go for one of those small tablets with an e-pen (or whatever they are called) makes it easier to select data than using your clumsy thumb.

Reply #25 Posted: February 16, 2011, 01:10:43 pm

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
  • Spoonguard has no influence.
Rereading the original post, where the hell are you getting these insane prices? $1400 is overpriced for an iPad and Way Too Much for a Android tablet, even the galaxy.

Reply #26 Posted: February 16, 2011, 01:40:23 pm
        and nothing of value was lost.

Offline BerG.

• Just settled in
  • BerG. has no influence.
Quote from: Spoonguard;1360561
Really? List them.

Haha. My god you guys sound like dickheads.

Why buy a Ferrari? You can do so much more with an SUV. You can carry 7 people, go off road, take more luggage, and are safer.

The Ferrari can't do as much stuff. But, it does go around corners a lot faster, is more fun, and yes, cooler.

So I think you guys need to get over your bizarre 'netbook or you're a wanker' attitude and learn to understand that a lot of us enjoy taking the Ferrari out for a spin regularly - but have the Prado sitting in the garage for when we have work to do.

And just remember, this exact debate took place when Apple first produced a phone with no physical keyboard- now a standard feature of most major smartphones.
Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:17:50 pm by BerG.

Reply #27 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:03:47 pm
Somewhere, somehow, someone\'s going to pay (for making avatars smaller)

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
Quote from: BerG.;1360604
Ferrari?

Funny how the dickheads appear when you show up.

I don't think your anomalyanalogy works very well. The ipad is more like a brakeless fixie bike in a world of cross bikes.
Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:35:47 pm by Spoonguard

Reply #28 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:30:36 pm

Offline BerG.

• Just settled in
Quote from: Spoonguard;1360612
Funny how the dickheads appear when you show up.

I don't think your anomaly works very well. The ipad is more like a brakeless fixie bike in a world of cross bikes.

My anomaly?

Try sitting on a couch with an iPad and a netbook, watching movies and reading ebooks as the op stated he intended to do. Tell me what is faster, easier, and feels more natural. I doubt you have even used an iPad.

Then come back to this thread in 5 years and laugh at your silly comments and your extinct netbook.
Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:38:40 pm by BerG.

Reply #29 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:34:43 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: BerG.;1360604
The Ferrari

Did you just compare a Ferrari to an Ipad?

My 1080p blueray SCII at full graphics laptop of doom is more like a ferrari as far as mobile devices go, an Ipad is like one of those new overpriced minis that gives you less features and worse performance than alot of decent mid-range cars at twice the price.

Reply #30 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:37:30 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Berg is a strange anomaly.

Reply #31 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:39:02 pm

Offline BerG.

• Just settled in
Dude, replace Ferrari with any high priced sports coupe that you like, my 'anomaly' still works.

Reply #32 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:41:34 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bell;1360615
Did you just compare a Ferrari to an Ipad?

My 1080p blueray SCII at full graphics laptop of doom is more like a ferrari as far as mobile devices go, an Ipad is like one of those new overpriced minis that gives you less features and worse performance than alot of decent mid-range cars at twice the price.

A full graphics laptop of doom is not really a mobile device.

Yes, you can pick it up, but you can't really do anything decent on it without sitting down, placing it on a table and plugging in a mouse.

Where with an iPad, you can check your email while on a roller coaster. If you needed to do such things.

Reply #33 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:42:11 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Watching a movie on an ipad compared to a netbook theres like no difference.
Reading an ebook, if you were really into ebooks then you would buy a kindle it dominates the ipad.
Anything that requires input such as emails and web surfing, netbook wins.

Reply #34 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:42:26 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Comparing a 'laptop of doom' to a ipad......

hmmmmmmm

How is web surfing or emailing on a netbook easier than a iPad? Last time i used a iPad, it was pretty fucking painless surfing the web.

Now maybe if you had both arms amputated and had hooks, the netbook could be easier to drag a mouse around with using a hook

for the OP, ipad, simpler, easier, more reliable, made for the exact purpose, app store.
Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:44:54 pm by Growler

Reply #35 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:42:34 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
If I am on the couch then surely there is a television nearby I could watch this movie on

and a e-book would be much better read on something with an e-ink display. or a actual book!

and in 5 years time I would laugh at the people impulsive enough to buy a horrendously overpriced grainy and glaring LCD tablet. Assuming, of course, display technology doesn't stagnate and hyperinflation doesn't kick in.

Reply #36 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:44:26 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1360619
Yes, you can pick it up, but you can't really do anything decent on it without sitting down, placing it on a table and plugging in a mouse.

While we are getting alil sidetracked I will add.

I watch movies in bed, play BC2 and SCII on the couch infront of the tv, take it on planes to watch blueray movies.
I don't even own a computer desk, it's reasonably mobile and I bet I move it around just as much as %90 of ipad users.

Reply #37 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:45:46 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Ahhh spoonguard... you just proved you have no idea about the iPad.

Maybe when you know its actual specs and quality you should chime in again.

Reply #38 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:46:58 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: Growler;1360622
How is web surfing or emailing on a netbook easier than a iPad? Last time i used a iPad, it was pretty fucking painless surfing the web.

I'll get to a website x5 faster than you on your touch screen keyboard.

Reply #39 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:47:57 pm

Offline BerG.

• Just settled in
Quote from: Bell;1360620
Watching a movie on an ipad compared to a netbook theres like no difference.
Reading an ebook, if you were really into ebooks then you would buy a kindle it dominates the ipad.
Anything that requires input such as emails and web surfing, netbook wins.

Good idea.

He should carry 2 devices.

If he wants to watch a movie he can use the netbook since it's 'no different' to the iPad.

When he wants to read a book, he puts the netbook back in his suitcase and pulls out his kindle, since it somehow 'dominates' the book reading area (unsure how).

Again, sitting on couch, iPad is easier for web surfing/emails.

You definitely havnt used one before.

Reply #40 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:48:35 pm

Quote from: Bell;1360624
While we are getting alil sidetracked I will add.

I watch movies in bed, play BC2 and SCII on the couch infront of the tv, take it on planes to watch blueray movies.
I don't even own a computer desk, it's reasonably mobile and I bet I move it around just as much as %90 of ipad users.

You must have never used an iPad.

In all those situations your are sitting or lying down.

Try using your laptop standing up, I would imagine it would be very awkward.

Reply #41 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:49:51 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
I have used one.
I have also used a kindle have you?

I also never said the netbook wasn't any good at e-books, the kindle is just a shitload better than anything else.

Reply #42 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:50:43 pm

Offline BerG.

• Just settled in
Quote from: Spoonguard;1360623
If I am on the couch then surely there is a television nearby I could watch this movie on

and a e-book would be much better read on something with an e-ink display. or a actual book!

Sitting in line at the doctors? Again, carrying books is a pain.

Just give up dude. This is one debate where we can say with 100% certaintty you are wrong. It's not even a matter of personal taste, it's just fact.

Reply #43 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:51:40 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Kindle son, give it a crack e-ink rocks.

Reply #44 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:52:26 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1360630
You must have never used an iPad.

In all those situations your are sitting or lying down.

Try using your laptop standing up, I would imagine it would be very awkward.

Do you walk around reading the newspaper or watching a movie?
Running into people and walls would be very awkward.

Reply #45 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:53:31 pm

How do you watch a movie on a kindle?

Reply #46 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:53:36 pm

Quote from: Bell;1360635
Kindle son, give it a crack e-ink rocks.

How do you watch a movie on a kindle?

Quote from: Bell;1360637
Do you walk around reading the newspaper or watching a movie?
Running into people and walls would be very awkward.

Standing up != walking

Reply #47 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:54:17 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
You watch movies standing up?

Reply #48 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:54:39 pm

I don't, I don't have a tablet or iPad.

If I did have one, I could.

Reply #49 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:55:28 pm