Topic: An iOS fans journey into the world of Android

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1423500
Its a worry that in the past few months Apple have hired Comex, one of the great iOS Dev Team who are responsible for our jailbreaks. They have also hired another prominent jailbreak developer and it looks like they are about to take Musclenerd.

Ha, that's pretty awesome in a way.

Microsoft does the same kind of thing "Stop hacking our software or we will be forced to hire you!"

Reply #75 Posted: September 19, 2011, 01:01:17 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Quote from: ;
Apple hire list: Comex Musclenerd Geohot(Mark Zuckerburg must die) Saurik p0sixninja

Reply #76 Posted: September 19, 2011, 07:44:23 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
If you're too dumb to learn to customize and work an Android phone, you are too dumb to successfully jailbreak an iPhone. Stock iPhone or personalized Android, there are your real choices.

Reply #77 Posted: September 21, 2011, 01:01:05 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Arnifix;1424144
If you're too dumb to learn to customize and work an Android phone, you are too dumb to successfully jailbreak an iPhone.

Haha. Uh yeah wrong.

Besides, these 'dumb' people you talk about (ie war veterans, business people that dont give a shit and just want a easy to to use phone), should clearly go iOS. If you are that 'dumb' and dont care about advanced features, then its superior stock iOS vs shithouse stock Android.

This thread is about jailbroken iOS vs custom rommed and modified Android.

Reply #78 Posted: September 21, 2011, 04:48:16 am

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
Custom rommed and modified...you'll have to change your rom and try new ones out then comment again :)

I've have 3 distinctly different roms that I keep on my SD card (virtuous, cm7, miui) for mixing it up (love you titanium backup and xda forum). Great for showing people how to easily and completely change the phone in under 10 mins.

Haven't bought any apps yet.

Reply #79 Posted: September 21, 2011, 09:30:57 am
- badfox

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: pando;1424220
Custom rommed and modified...you'll have to change your rom and try new ones out then comment again :)

I've tried about 10.

At 230mb each its a slow process on my connection!

Have settled on MIUI which I like, and its very quick. Though when I think about it, I only like this ROM because it makes it sort of like iOS, so I may as well still be on iOS :/

Reply #80 Posted: September 21, 2011, 10:13:22 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
As a consumer, I wouldn't expect to have to install 10 different roms before finding one I like.

I don't install 10 different operating systems on my computer before finding the one I like.

Customization is good, but it's not for everyone.
Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:46:37 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #81 Posted: September 21, 2011, 10:20:36 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
That MIUI rom looks flippin' sexy.

Reply #82 Posted: September 21, 2011, 10:42:29 am

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Quote from: BerG;1423430
This thread only compares Android to jailbroken iOS. Stock iOS, in my opinion, is $#@!.

A jailbroken iOS's fan's journey into the world of SGS2 might have been a better thread title in that case.

Reply #83 Posted: September 21, 2011, 12:43:50 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

I like my thread titles to be misleading.

It makes the thread more intense.

Reply #84 Posted: September 21, 2011, 01:34:47 pm

Offline krasher

• Addicted
  • krasher has no influence.
I would like to hear you thoughts on an HTC. My mate bought a Smamsmung and hated it, went to HTC and like it a heap better. Smoother, more stable etc.

Reply #85 Posted: September 21, 2011, 03:01:50 pm
=]IRBS[=

i5 2500k|GTX560ti|GA-Z68X-UD3|8Gig DDR3 1600|24" LG 19x12|650W Corsair|64GB SSD Cache WD640

Offline w1sh420

• I Posted!
  • w1sh420 has no influence.
HTC for the win :) if you found the samsung to feel a bit weak I've found the HTC seems a bit more solid feeling, got a Desire S and it's been great.
Good review btw

Reply #86 Posted: September 21, 2011, 07:10:58 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Quote from: krasher;1424377
I would like to hear you thoughts on an HTC. My mate bought a Smamsmung and hated it, went to HTC and like it a heap better. Smoother, more stable etc.

I have a HTC sensation. The build is very nice, solid feel, just feels great in hand. Also, haven't had any issues with slow downs or crashes in the 2 months ive had it. Yet to try any custom Roms.

Reply #87 Posted: September 21, 2011, 08:24:53 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline han16

• Addicted
  • han16 has no influence.
Wow, very interdasting thread Berg.

Personally I've been an Android user in the past switching to iOS last year after playing about with my fathers unit, for me the iPhone is all I need.I like the idea of a hugely customisable cell phone that allows my exact preferences (this lead me to trying many different devices prior) but at the end of the day when I had 50 thousand work calls/texts/emails the iPhone just did it easier/faster. You could say that Apple has taught me something about the cell phone I carry, and thats just it...its a cellphone. I have a big overly expensive pc to satisfy my tech savvy fiddler self coupled with a laptop that would follow me to work/holiday/shitty family events faithfully so the need for another tech device that did it all was pretty much not there. In fact another device that needed my every attention was just dam annoying especially when people are counting on the reliability of my cell phone for me to correctly do my job, inappropriate crashing/hanging/being moderately slow then definitely shitty is unwelcomed when all I need is to make a dammed phone call to avoid 10 others.

I'm no Apple fanboi (ha they all say that), I'd never touch a Mac or sleep with an iPad but the iPhone...it makes sense and works well to boot for my needs. I liked the Nokia 6310, it was a fucking amazing phone and for me the iPhone 4 mirrors that.

Come at me Android peeps.

Reply #88 Posted: September 22, 2011, 10:39:31 pm
Reverse Jihad Tank Extraordinaire

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Quote from: krasher;1424377

The annoying thing is, I went into a store with no major intention of buying a phone. Played with an HTC Sensation and really liked it. Told the dude behind the counter I wanted one. He told me I should wait as they are getting the Galaxy S2 in stock soon and it is superior.

I went online and read some SGS2 reviews, all of which were glowing. So I bought one online without ever seeing one IRL. Big mistake.

Quote from: han16;1425105
Wow, very interdasting thread Berg.

I try to make all threads as interdasting as possible.

Reply #89 Posted: September 23, 2011, 04:56:29 am

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: han16;1425105
...to satisfy my ... fiddler self...
All I read from that. :F

Reply #90 Posted: September 23, 2011, 09:46:55 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline BerG

• Terminator

I must say I've been very happy with the phone since running MIUI rom.

Im sure its snappier than all the other roms I tried. Its been as stable as an iPhone. Home button unlock lag is almost eliminated. I've found that switching off haptic feedback on unlock seems to further speed up the phone, which I'm not sure is just an illusion or not. Unlocking the SG2 is no longer a painful experience.

I like how apps like the Dominos Pizza one give you updates in the notification bar on the status of your pizza. Very handy feature which is not available on iOS.

And I love the Hyperspace pro live wallpaper! Since AMOLED displays basically switch off with a black background, this live wallpaper uses very little power and looks damn spectacular. I still get fucking dizzy if I look through my icons and enjoy the space ride for a few moments, its great!

Other than the frustrating marketplace and poor gaming compatibility, its not too bad of a phone.

Note that my favourite clock widget has a graphical glitch in September
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3411/20110927202431.jpg
An iOS fans journey into the world of Android
Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:01:17 pm by BerG

Reply #91 Posted: September 27, 2011, 08:54:23 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
September, the measure month for designers... This guy didn't get the memo

Reply #92 Posted: September 27, 2011, 09:17:20 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Short-cut for you Berg: If you use that Search "app" a lot and you don't like it on the screen, you can press menu>search or the way I do it; Long press menu then swipe to the right

Reply #93 Posted: September 28, 2011, 01:05:43 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Thanks for the tip, but I'm unsure how turning a one step process into a two step process is a shortcut? :p

Reply #94 Posted: September 28, 2011, 05:14:05 am

Codex

if you're not using miui or cyanogen you're doing it wrong

also:
http://www.calque.ch/signa/

Reply #95 Posted: September 28, 2011, 07:26:58 am

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
Quote from: Codex;1427514
if you're not using miui or cyanogen you're doing it wrong

also:
http://www.calque.ch/signa/

Haha, I have these two roms on my SD card but having htc I prefer the very mature virtuous rom - I do swap for giggles every now and then but always come back

Reply #96 Posted: September 28, 2011, 09:24:37 am
- badfox

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
  • Benji77 has no influence.
might have to try some other roms. Currently running oxygen on my htc desire.

Reply #97 Posted: September 28, 2011, 09:46:14 am
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Sounds like I need MIUI to hurry up and support Sensation

Reply #98 Posted: September 28, 2011, 10:08:43 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline andyb

• I Posted!
  • andyb has no influence.
android is more attractive for me than iphone. You can customized it thing you want. Yet, I think there's just been a lot more progress in mobile platforms than on desktops. But still I like it.

Reply #99 Posted: October 02, 2011, 02:20:42 am
Hello world