Topic: HTC One vs Galaxy S4 - Which one and why?

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
but they are selling the 4G version of the phone according to their website, and they had a trial in wellington and auckland last year

Reply #25 Posted: March 24, 2013, 12:01:02 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Telecom have just confirmed that it will be getting the i9505 (1.9GHz Krait).

Lamesauce.

Decided to just keep my Nexus 4 instead of flicking it off on TradeMe and signing my soul away to a 24 month plan or coughing up over a grand on a phone.

Reply #26 Posted: March 27, 2013, 08:46:38 am

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Heard rumours the Indian version of the HTC One is dual-sim.

Reply #27 Posted: March 27, 2013, 05:27:21 pm

Offline Greaver

• Just settled in
  • Greaver has no influence.
After checking out various reviews I'll definitely be going HTC One over the S4

I have no interest in a replaceable battery and SD card slot so its not even a question looking at everything else - I have an S1 and my last work phone was an S3, and the plastic feel doesn't do it for me.

Combine that with a camera which does what a smartphone camera should but previously couldnt do well, take good shots in low light situations and I am keen as

Obviously the HTC is due mid early-mid april - Noel Leemings has it in XT for $999.99, but of course its the easter sale so 20% off.

Obviously the 20% off doesn't usually apply to preorders but after talking to Noels today in store apparently I can buy two out right tomorrow at $800 each and they'll ring me when they come in

Check out the techno buffalo review if you have't already

"The HTC One is the first smartphone in a long time that we’ve been drop dead excited to use every single
day during the review period. We’re still in love with it and carrying it day-to-day, because it offers so many
features that can’t be found in any other product on the market right now. From the stellar camera and its
highlight reels to the aluminum body and stellar screen, the HTC One offers a truly first-class experience.
HTC didn’t only hit this thing out of the park, it hit it into orbit, where it will aggressively compete with
Samsung’s Galaxy S4. It’s so close to perfect we’re awarding it a well-deserved 9.5 / 10 and an editor’s choice.
"
TechnoBuffalo
Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:40:59 pm by Greaver

Reply #28 Posted: March 27, 2013, 09:35:43 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
One NZ user has received their phone today looks pretty good from the outside

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=97&topicid=114440&page_no=12

Reply #29 Posted: April 05, 2013, 03:44:10 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
My Nexus 4 arrived today.

Very nice to hold.

Just have to root it so I can calibrate the screen to a warmer gamut.

Reply #30 Posted: April 05, 2013, 03:54:13 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!

Reply #31 Posted: April 23, 2013, 08:45:12 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Getting a bit bored with iOS again, and HTC One is the clear alternative.

I use my iPhones flashlight a lot. I use the 'activator' app to assign long holding the sleep button (for about a second) to turn on the flashlight.

Does Android have something similar to activator yet, or a similar way to quickly activate the flashlight?

Reply #32 Posted: August 16, 2013, 10:11:50 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: BerG;1530012
Getting a bit bored with iOS again, and HTC One is the clear alternative.

I use my iPhones flashlight a lot. I use the 'activator' app to assign long holding the sleep button (for about a second) to turn on the flashlight.

Does Android have something similar to activator yet, or a similar way to quickly activate the flashlight?

Yep, I've got that feature running CM 10.1 on my old as hell HTC Desire HD, so I'm sure you can get that with a One.

Reply #33 Posted: August 16, 2013, 10:50:12 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
So you have to flash an entire new ROM to get it?

I thought this was the open OS. Why can't we just download an app from Play Store which can reassign our fucking buttons!?

Reply #34 Posted: August 16, 2013, 11:10:39 am

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
I use a widget on my home page with Flashlight+, which is almost as easy.

Reply #35 Posted: August 16, 2013, 11:26:02 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: mattnz;1530017
I use a widget on my home page with Flashlight+, which is almost as easy.

This. By default on the HTC One you can set your favorite apps to launch from swipe (on the lock screen).
So if you set flashlight as one, it will be right there with one touch.

Reply #36 Posted: August 16, 2013, 02:43:03 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

That's far from what I am after...

Android, I am disappoint.

Reply #37 Posted: August 16, 2013, 02:59:17 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Far from what you want would be having to strap a torch to it. That is pretty fucking close to what you want.

Reply #38 Posted: August 16, 2013, 04:18:24 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>