Topic: Shame on you PB Tech - your anniversary sale is a sham!

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
sorry lads, was too fired up to enjoy the scenery.

Reply #25 Posted: January 26, 2014, 11:46:32 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Does their website have an "our team" page?

Reply #26 Posted: January 26, 2014, 11:55:51 am

lol @ console hate

Codex

With good reason

The whole thing is fucking trash, glad you brought it to everyones attention, not that I ever bought from them anyway after last time I tried to deal with them and their staff were super rude lol

Reply #27 Posted: January 26, 2014, 11:56:46 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
With good reason

The whole thing is fucking trash, glad you brought it to everyones attention, not that I ever bought from them anyway after last time I tried to deal with them and their staff were super rude lol

That, and the unreliability. winter ordered from them some headphones on like a Friday, hadn't arrived by the following week... I think he cancelled the order in the end, but they keep fucking up, so no use putting up with it.

Reply #28 Posted: January 26, 2014, 12:37:39 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline han16

• Addicted
  • han16 has no influence.
Last time I went in PB the bird that served me had a rather nice behind, I knew where the dvi leads were I just wanted her to lead me over to them :D

I mean yea, fuck pb.

Reply #29 Posted: January 26, 2014, 01:02:54 pm
Reverse Jihad Tank Extraordinaire

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
This practice is super common. Supermarkets do it all the time, but they normally have enough below-minimum-wage slaves to remove the existing prices.

Reply #30 Posted: January 26, 2014, 01:03:40 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Codex

This practice is super common. Supermarkets do it all the time, but they normally have enough below-minimum-wage slaves to remove the existing prices.
Not true for the Foodstuffs markets x)

Reply #31 Posted: January 26, 2014, 02:58:26 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Not true for the Foodstuffs markets x)
They don't have enough below-minimum-wage workers? Bet they work the rest of you to the bone then!

Reply #32 Posted: January 26, 2014, 03:01:56 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

except supermarkets have clued up marketing and sales managers who know to use ticketing that is similar but not the same.

Reply #33 Posted: January 26, 2014, 03:32:21 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I've definitely seen the same behaviour at supermarkets, as others have mentioned.

As others have also mentioned, just makes the reasons for buying from Computer Lounge even more compelling.

Reply #34 Posted: January 27, 2014, 11:06:29 am

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
What i love about big supermarkets and places like the warehouse is you see a special and then in small print it's like "you save $0.07" I just think why the hell don't you have a proper special.

Reply #35 Posted: January 27, 2014, 02:54:20 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Meh, I just call up our Account Manager to get me a good deal - as to whether its misleading or not - I expect that 2 lawyers will have a very expensive arguement as to whether it was or not, then laugh all the way to the bank.

Reply #36 Posted: January 27, 2014, 03:35:15 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
8% off CL if anyone is looking.

Reply #37 Posted: January 27, 2014, 04:00:17 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
For me, always CL, if they don't have it, email and they can normally get it.

From time to time I use Playtech, but normally only if I need the item that day, as they are closer to me for pickup.

Reply #38 Posted: January 27, 2014, 06:13:40 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I have also dealt with annoying staff from the Manukau branch, Most of it was me being an idiot and just falling for a trap, but it still fucked me off.

When I got my new pc parts from them, the man who was helping me grab them said "Do you want an OS with it? Windows 8 is only 80$". He showed me the little display of napkin looking windows 8 cd's,  saw it was "windows 8 upgrade only". Now, This is where I'm an idiot for believing him, but I said that it was a new build, Fresh install, rarara, He understood, he told me "No, no it's fine. It just says that, It still legitimately works. I've tried it myself, Just put the cd in for a fresh install, and it will install"

Get home, build PC, Install windows 8, Fucking hate windows 8, but I figured i'm just too in love with the 'old way'. Turned Pc on the next day and I get the whole "You need to activate your windows 8" bs. Re enter my registry key... "This key works for upgrades only...rararara.... You don't have access to every feature and we're going to full-screen annoy the fuck out of you with this message everytime you start your pc, or are trying  to do something."

This is getting a bit too long for such a short and simple story, Took it back, complained to the guy, he said "no you just installed it wrong", "it definitely works, i've tried it myself" "Bring your pc in and i'll install it for you"

"No. It definitely doesn't work. I want my money back."

He wouldn't do it. I ended up swapping it with my computer repair guy (F**k you, I'm not smart enough to fix my computerised bullshit all the time ;P).... Ended up swapping it for windows 7 Ultimate edition + 50$ or something.

Moral of the story, Who the f**k buys a OS.

Funny how I know we're all grown men here (*ehem*) yet I still feel bad about swearing. Must be because of the new clean look.

Reply #39 Posted: January 27, 2014, 06:54:06 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Tastech for me, local, guy is really friendly.

edit: I don't give a fuck about swearing btw Kayne.
Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:33:45 pm by Bounty Hunter

Reply #40 Posted: January 27, 2014, 07:31:22 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
For me, always CL, if they don't have it, email and they can normally get it.

From time to time I use Playtech, but normally only if I need the item that day, as they are closer to me for pickup.

Pretty much me right there. CL is default, maybe a little bit more expensive but more than worth it for the piece of mind and excellent service.

And I get the occasional item from playtech if its cheaper than CL. Got my last gfx card there, and a new SSD recently.

Reply #41 Posted: January 27, 2014, 08:30:29 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
EXPOSED. Shame on you PB Tech, Shame.

Reply #42 Posted: January 27, 2014, 09:22:17 pm

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
Pity nothing will ever come of it

Reply #43 Posted: January 27, 2014, 09:29:08 pm
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I will never buy from PBtech again.

I'm not giving up anything, but it's the thought that counts.

Reply #44 Posted: January 27, 2014, 10:55:11 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
So where do I get the sweet dealz from now? I need 4TB!

Reply #45 Posted: January 28, 2014, 10:21:20 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline han16

• Addicted
  • han16 has no influence.

I used to use compulink (before they shutdown) simply because I knew the owner who was a massive GC. He may not have been the cheapest but that was countered by the simple fact it was a joy to visit him and throw money about. I usually ended up walking away having spent more than I previously intended too, sly bastard :P

Now its CL for specialized shit and PC Force for all other little things ( they are literally 2mins drive from home and not all that bad to deal with + support the local etc)

Reply #46 Posted: January 28, 2014, 11:30:56 am
Reverse Jihad Tank Extraordinaire

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.

Has the Tastech guy gotten better? He use to pretty fucking useless.

Reply #47 Posted: January 28, 2014, 04:16:45 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!

He sells Zoons now

I don't actually know

Reply #48 Posted: January 28, 2014, 05:51:27 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted

He's always been good to me, I first purchased with him maybe 7 years ago?

Reply #49 Posted: January 28, 2014, 06:17:48 pm