Topic: Mini-ATX Budget

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
sure if you give CL a ring and say you vehemently hate Playtech and offer to leave shit in a bag on fire at their new stores front door you might get some discount as well.

Can i just do this for them on a daily basis and claim a wage?

Reply #25 Posted: February 26, 2015, 02:14:04 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
sure if you give CL a ring and say you vehemently hate Playtech and offer to leave shit in a bag on fire at their new stores front door you might get some discount as well.

Can i just do this for them on a daily basis and claim a wage?

I'll pay for your lunch everyday if you do this (youtube channel and daily proof required)

Reply #26 Posted: February 26, 2015, 02:20:46 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
 Not sure just paying for my lunch will pay the mortgages lol

Reply #27 Posted: February 26, 2015, 02:21:32 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Not sure just paying for my lunch will pay the mortgages lol

Mortgages?  as in more than one .. you rich prick.

Reply #28 Posted: February 27, 2015, 06:41:00 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
What's a mortgage??  muhahhahahahahhaa 1st world problems. BBL going to sit in my new spa and relax, I filled it with the tears of virgins, so gentle on my skin.

Reply #29 Posted: February 27, 2015, 08:47:34 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
What's a mortgage??  muhahhahahahahhaa 1st world problems. BBL going to sit in my new spa and relax, I filled it with the tears of virgins, so gentle on my skin.

I would imagine the tears be actually rather harsh since they are all tears of Guilt, Jilted love, Pain and Realization.

I heard Cleopatra used milk to bathe in.. but in the spa it might just turn it into a giant kids fluffy..... with you as the marshmellow

Reply #30 Posted: February 27, 2015, 10:01:17 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I might build a m-itx at same time as Ri....

I need an upgrade for my old 2500k anyway, only need cpu mobo ram.

How many HD can fit in the one above?

Reply #31 Posted: February 27, 2015, 01:44:17 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

so the FT03 is sexy.... until I saw the horrible plastic side panel, ewwwwwwwww WTF were they thinking!

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=dj2radxu.n3y.png
Mini-ATX Budget

then I saw the jonsbo U2S, much nicer finish.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=ja5nsbwd.3sk.png
Mini-ATX Budget

Reply #32 Posted: February 27, 2015, 02:49:33 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I was looking at the Jonsbo's and they seem to be priced better as well.

Reply #33 Posted: February 27, 2015, 03:51:36 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
I was looking at the Jonsbo's and they seem to be priced better as well.

Looks to be quite limited on length of graphics card though? tidy looking case. Have a look at a Node304 growler if you want HD space?

Reply #34 Posted: February 27, 2015, 05:51:38 pm

Offline Growler

Have a look at a Node304 growler if you want HD space?

Ohhhhh i like, thanks for that Mayhem

Reply #35 Posted: February 27, 2015, 10:02:28 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Have a look at a Node304 growler if you want HD space?

Ohhhhh i like, thanks for that Mayhem

Computer-lounge has them for $200 atm. Note if you want to use a full size GFX card you will loose 2 mounts for HD's and also need to make sure your PSU does not have to big an arse. But still four 3.5" mounts and some nifty placement of SSDs in one case is pretty good. Case available in black or white http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=18292

Reply #36 Posted: February 28, 2015, 06:00:06 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I thought I was sold on the Silverstone FT03-mini case. The plastic in some parts doesn't really bother me, but having the cables spew out the top then dangle down the back of the chassis like a messy pony tail is a massive deal breaker.

The Fractal case you posted, Mayhem, looks pretty  nice, but that rounded face is naff, I would have preferred a smooth, flat face.

At the moment, the Corsair Obsidian 250D isn't looking so bad, also the EVGA Hadron Air looks pretty cool but the slim profile PSU that comes with it (and price tag) is cringe-worthy.

Reply #37 Posted: March 01, 2015, 08:01:43 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

So I've found my case:

NCASE M1 V3.0 | Incredibly Optimized mini-ITX Chassis!

Not cheap, and will be pricey getting it into the country but it looks amazing. Was crowd-funded on Indigogo.

The N-Case M1 - https://www.ncases.com/ $185USD

Reply #38 Posted: March 06, 2015, 11:09:50 pm

Offline Growler

ive put mine on the back burner, no reason for me to upgrade from a 2500k OC, id only be getting a small boost. Going to wait until next gen and then do a mitx build

Reply #39 Posted: March 07, 2015, 09:34:54 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

So this is the board I'm looking at getting. Can anyone suggest any better? Willing to go up to $250 for the board.

Mobo - GA-Z97N-Wifi

Reply #40 Posted: April 05, 2015, 12:58:42 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
I would go for the asus version of Z97 Board If the GA-Z97N does not have full voltage and multiplier control to allow mild overclocking. Consult google i know it was an issue with the GA-Z77n

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=21820

Reply #41 Posted: April 05, 2015, 01:20:12 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Thanks Mayhem. I will name my first born after you.

Reply #42 Posted: April 05, 2015, 01:48:59 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
I think ram speed above 1600 is the shiznet these days but not much higher.... 1866speedz? Also go for the 16gb (pricey in nz though or could still be mark up after floods)

Reply #43 Posted: April 05, 2015, 02:08:36 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Will make a new order for a mobo either this evening or tomorrow seeing as CL have an Easter sale on.

Made the order for my PSU and fans on Wednesday night after emailing CL. Wasn't warned that they would be having a sale the next day. Just emailed them asking if they could apply the savings I would have made on my PSU and fan if I would have ordered them on the Thursday, to my mobo purchase. So if they agree to this, I might be able to stretch my budget more.

Reply #44 Posted: April 05, 2015, 02:40:10 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
New edition GFX card coming out from asus http://www.tweaktown.com/news/44435/asus-announces-red-white-geforce-gtx-970-turbo-video-card/index.html External exhausting card with a shortened PCB. Nice to see someone's been paying attention to the SFF/Mini Itx case band wagon

Reply #45 Posted: April 07, 2015, 08:54:33 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Nice heads up, Mayhem.

Might think about ordering my stuff from another store. Thought it was a bit shit of CL to neglect to tell me they were going to be having an Easter sale the day after I ordered a few things from them.

Reply #46 Posted: April 07, 2015, 11:18:52 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Woot! Just ordered the Gigabyte z97 Wi-Fi gaming 5. Doesn't have M.2 but has a great audio chipset. Playtech had it on sale from 260 down to 230.

Reply #47 Posted: April 07, 2015, 02:37:45 pm