Topic: Best game reviews eva!

Offline nzjeebs

• Addicted
  • nzjeebs has no influence.
UT3 Beta Demo* :P So my dibs are on this next week.

Or Hellgate London, he seems to prefer singleplayer.

Reply #25 Posted: October 21, 2007, 09:18:29 pm
aka Jeebs

Offline Foxman

• Just settled in
  • Foxman has no influence.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;573434
can he review a beta?

Considering hes done a piece on Tabula Rasa I don't see why he couldn't run a another beta skit.

Reply #26 Posted: October 21, 2007, 11:22:52 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I posted the tomb raider one quite a while ago... in OT I think.

eh. They are wicked funny fantastic though. So well done, haha.
I loved the use of Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) as the pegs in the peggle one, hahahah.

Reply #27 Posted: October 22, 2007, 12:00:03 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline cnvrt02

• Addicted
  • cnvrt02 has no influence.
Quote from: han16;573202
In that case...FUCK HALO

Its made by microsoft and should of never been made...not like we had no other decent FPS's or something...

A retard could finish Halo on Legendary...The multi play: Its very much shit..

Seriously there are much better games out there...lets hope to god that this is the last installment of BS from microsoft/bungies...

Maybe Halo 1 was good...ok, yea it was...It just didn't need to be repeated twice...

damn you and your bait!!!!!

it was not made by microsoft, it was made by Bungie!

i don't see how the multi player sucks as its the most balanced game i have come across, u don't have any weapon that can WTFpwn, but i guess u can love those games where it takes less skill

hehehe see my hidden bait : D?

Reply #28 Posted: October 22, 2007, 01:27:28 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Halo was origninally produced by Bungie for release on PC and Mac in 2001. Then Microsoft bought them. They dictated the game specifics, just like EA did with BF2. Shit was cut from the original plan, the story line changed a bit, and you ended up with some abortion that was still the best thing xbox had ever seen.

Not a bad game, no. But not the best.

Later when Microsoft released a PC version, it was almost a port, only with some original features put back in (ability to use some vehicles you can't on xbox), and half the graphical eye candy taken out. Nice work morons!

Reply #29 Posted: October 22, 2007, 01:39:39 pm

Offline BROX

• Devoted Member
  • BROX has no influence.

Reply #30 Posted: October 25, 2007, 11:43:08 am

Offline dark_angel

• Addicted
  • dark_angel has no influence.
hehehe check this guy out...

Reply #31 Posted: October 25, 2007, 03:32:25 pm
OVER 9000!?

Offline han16

• Addicted
  • han16 has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;573949
Halo was origninally produced by Bungie for release on PC and Mac in 2001. Then Microsoft bought them. They dictated the game specifics, just like EA did with BF2. Shit was cut from the original plan, the story line changed a bit, and you ended up with some abortion that was still the best thing xbox had ever seen.

Not a bad game, no. But not the best.

Later when Microsoft released a PC version, it was almost a port, only with some original features put back in (ability to use some vehicles you can't on xbox), and half the graphical eye candy taken out. Nice work morons!

Its what they do best...

Its kinda funny how microsoft deams it ok to release the PC version of halo lik 1-2 years after the Xbox version...Seriously...the game is so last week by then...

Reply #32 Posted: October 25, 2007, 09:46:20 pm
Reverse Jihad Tank Extraordinaire

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
WTB old Bungie. Back when they made Myth.

Reply #33 Posted: October 25, 2007, 10:02:24 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline BROX

• Devoted Member
  • BROX has no influence.
Marathon ftw, I remember playing that when I was about 10 on some lan at Otago Uni.

Reply #34 Posted: October 25, 2007, 10:44:11 pm

Offline nzjeebs

• Addicted
  • nzjeebs has no influence.
This same guy, but before he joined the escapist.

http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/reviews/

Reply #35 Posted: October 28, 2007, 04:59:52 pm
aka Jeebs

Offline Foxman

• Just settled in
Quote from: dark_angel;576959
hehehe check this guy out...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/20300.html

Thats just too try hard. He relies on swearing for the 'humour' whereas Yahtzee uses wit and is actually funny.

Reply #36 Posted: October 28, 2007, 11:42:45 pm

Offline dark_angel

• Addicted
ya reckon? imo he has way more charisa than that other guy

Reply #37 Posted: October 29, 2007, 06:24:56 am
OVER 9000!?

Offline Pyromanik

That's because you swear a lot and rage just like him...
He was reasonably funny, but that was more because he made out like he was raging at the game whilst he was playing it.

Yahtzee is a charismatic stallion...

cf:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/1394-Zero-Punctuation-BioShock

Reply #38 Posted: October 29, 2007, 01:11:33 pm

Offline Foxman

• Just settled in
Quote from: dark_angel;579992

If you equate the number of swear words one can cram into a short space of time as being 'charisma' then yes.

However, if using the proper definition then I think that guy had all the charisma of your average rock. That swears a lot.

Yahtzee is clever in the way he puts his stuff together. He doesn't appear on screen so calling him charismatic perhaps isn't a particularly good description.
At least he doesn't rely on extensive swearing to get a few cheap laughs because he doesn't actually have anything of substance to say.

Reply #39 Posted: October 29, 2007, 03:26:24 pm

Offline dark_angel

• Addicted
Quote from: Foxman;580236
If you equate the number of swear words one can cram into a short space of time as being 'charisma' then yes.

However, if using the proper definition then I think that guy had all the charisma of your average rock. That swears a lot.

Yahtzee is clever in the way he puts his stuff together. He doesn't appear on screen so calling him charismatic perhaps isn't a particularly good description.
At least he doesn't rely on extensive swearing to get a few cheap laughs because he doesn't actually have anything of substance to say.

well f*uk you both ya f*cking A*es!

:asian:

Reply #40 Posted: October 29, 2007, 03:36:21 pm
OVER 9000!?

Offline Pyromanik

And the games are rather last century.

Reply #41 Posted: October 29, 2007, 04:29:34 pm

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
Quote from: dark_angel;579992

are you fucking kidding me

Reply #42 Posted: October 29, 2007, 04:48:40 pm

Offline dark_angel

• Addicted
Quote from: Pyromanik;580299
And the games are rather last century.

thats the best part, dont you remember raging at your nintendo/sega/amiga..i certainly do

Reply #43 Posted: October 29, 2007, 05:07:03 pm
OVER 9000!?

Offline BROX

• Devoted Member
  • BROX has no influence.
This week he does MOH:Airborne, hopefully he does COD4 in the future (highly doubt multiplayer though :() and I can guarantee he'll do Crysis.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2582-Zero-Punctuation-MOH-Airborne

Reply #44 Posted: November 01, 2007, 03:11:18 pm

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...
disagreed with parts of the latest review....but then again i can see where he's coming from and it was entertaining

Reply #45 Posted: November 01, 2007, 03:29:45 pm

Offline Foxman

• Just settled in
I rather like the way he subtly (and somestimes not so) sneaks in some scathing commentary regarding the US on a semi-regular basis.

Reply #46 Posted: November 01, 2007, 09:25:19 pm

Offline Alexo256

• Devoted Member
  • Alexo256 has no influence.
No comment on the Halo love/hate posts. I have moved on from the fanboyism.

After getting Halo 3, I loved it, but I was a little dissapointed. Mainly cause of the play time, and a couple of plot holes. The multiplayer is getting a bit repetitive and forge is not what I was led to believe. No gauss hog on valhalla? WTF? No wraith on last resort? WTF?

Bring on COD4!

Reply #47 Posted: November 01, 2007, 10:18:08 pm

Offline SittingDuck

• Addicted
  • SittingDuck has no influence.
That guy is just teh shit, MOH Review was lol, haven't played the game, but from what i know he's right : /

Reply #48 Posted: November 01, 2007, 10:24:51 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
MOH one was awesome lol

Reply #49 Posted: November 01, 2007, 10:57:48 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.