Topic: Battlefield 4 Officially Confirmed

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Quote from: Obble;1522083
k6 for admin imo

fuckyear! 2nd'd

Reply #175 Posted: March 28, 2013, 06:54:24 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: mycoolcar;1522087
fuckyear! 2nd'd
thirded'ed

Reply #176 Posted: March 28, 2013, 09:22:30 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: mattnz;1522085
As in make them effective against both, without being op. As they are now, they are barely useful vs jets, and ridiculous against helicopters. If the range (for instance) differed between the two, it would work a lot better.

And yeah, I find tracer darts less objectionable than javelins, but both are pretty lame. Good for taking out snipers though.

Stingers are super effective against jets atm - as they pretty much ignore ECMs - they can be dodged if you know the point of origin but if they hit - insta-disable and sometimes insta-kill.

Some of my main annoyances with stingers are the flight time seems to be infinite: if you ECM, and have the afterburners on to get out of dodge, then get insta-locked once the ECM wears off, I am still hooning away, 4-5 seconds later, the Missle Hits even though I should be well out of range.

Secondly is the apparent lock on range - but for example of Caspian border, many times I have been flying over the one of the bases, only to be locked on by someone standing at the Hilltop flag - Stinger is fired, I deploy ECM (which sometimes works, sometimes doesn't) missle hits - instant death, no chance to try and land and repair.

I personally think the BC2 system of rockets was more balanced - especially with the AT4s that required a fair amount of skill to use well or the TOWs

Reply #177 Posted: March 29, 2013, 10:12:02 am

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Bring back tracers, I want Christmas trees

Reply #178 Posted: March 29, 2013, 12:33:52 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
bring back the ability for 3rd party developers to create mods and stuff

Reply #179 Posted: March 29, 2013, 02:32:08 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
"nah bro, we cant let people have mod tools for the frostbite engine, its far too complicated for you to understand" - Someone at EA.

Reply #180 Posted: March 29, 2013, 03:31:36 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
lol oh yeah thats right :P i forgot silly me :/

Reply #181 Posted: March 29, 2013, 04:13:34 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
I think EA have a point though, a lot of effort and time is required to make a mod and I don't think the community have it, though I see FH2 is still going, does anyone play?

It's EA's fault in part because they release games so close together....but they're a big scary company, they can sort of do what they like when they like, it's not their job to make sure a bunch of geeks have an evening hobby....play the game?

Bell and co what do you guys think having worked in the industry? would you do your job as a hobby?

Reply #182 Posted: March 29, 2013, 04:39:59 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Doesn't take that much effort to make code modifications, changing variables and stuff isn't a big deal. The real issue is the amount of time needed to make new game assets these days.
The poly-count is just getting too high to make total modifications within a reasonable amount of time.
And yes most people in the industry would do it as a hobby since most of them did that before they got into it and many still fuck around making games during their weekends.

But I feel that these days you are going to need like 30 artists and a couple of programmers to make a mod.

Reply #183 Posted: March 29, 2013, 06:21:25 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~;1522015
Call of Battle: Field Duty 4 ?

cool gfx and stuff, but no sign of tanks, jets..doubt MP will be fun, good for inf fans

5:14 i like the switch between red dot and iron sites ability.. two sites in 1 gun sound great...

Reply #184 Posted: March 29, 2013, 06:24:05 pm

Offline RightHandOnly

• Just settled in
  • RightHandOnly has no influence.
I want the drivable Sub so I can sink the carrier.....such fun.

Or c4 the sub and suicide the carrier.....lol
Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:38:33 pm by RightHandOnly

Reply #185 Posted: March 30, 2013, 02:33:45 pm
With Age comes Wisdom and Skill.......I have all 3.

I\'m so Leet , I d

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Quote from: Xsannz;1522141
5:14 i like the switch between red dot and iron sites ability.. two sites in 1 gun sound great...

Taking some ideas from other games, most notably the Arma series. I like it, adds that little extra something.

Reply #186 Posted: March 30, 2013, 09:34:41 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1522208
Taking some ideas from other games, most notably the Arma series. I like it, adds that little extra something.

Or taking it from you know, real life.

SEALS use this.

Reply #187 Posted: March 31, 2013, 12:15:34 am

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Quote from: mycoolcar;1522214
Or taking it from you know, real life.

SEALS use this.

This too I guess. :P

Reply #188 Posted: March 31, 2013, 01:16:36 am
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/t5gvnb/battlefield-4-3-ways-to-leave-call-of-duty-behind[/video]

Reply #189 Posted: March 31, 2013, 08:47:41 am

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1522220
[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/t5gvnb/battlefield-4-3-ways-to-leave-call-of-duty-behind[/video]

agree, agree and agree + LAN support, VOIP, commander and mods because shit will get old sooner rather than later.  Cruising round in a FrostBite3 Notar would be epic

Reply #190 Posted: March 31, 2013, 09:29:14 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
BF42 single player was exactly how all battlefield single player should be.

did bf2 have a singleplayer component at all?

I'd actually say though I enjoyed the bad company single player more than CoD cause it was actual fun, not melodrama.

Reply #191 Posted: March 31, 2013, 01:16:53 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Want BC3 or 2143 more than BF4 at this point

Reply #192 Posted: March 31, 2013, 01:58:08 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Saw battlefield 4 pre order on origin today. Gives you Beta access, but seems crazy early to be asking for money.

Reply #193 Posted: March 31, 2013, 02:51:36 pm

Offline kongkiwi

• Devoted Member
  • kongkiwi has no influence.
I was actually blown away by the graphics in the trailer.  I know they won't be that good in MP.

Pre order = done

Reply #194 Posted: April 02, 2013, 09:25:42 am

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
BF4 will be eye candy heaven but some things will never change

Reply #195 Posted: April 02, 2013, 03:57:31 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: kongkiwi;1522295
I was actually blown away by the graphics in the trailer.

Pre order = done

Quote from: kopfjaeger
BF4 will be eye candy heaven

I give up, fuck games.

Reply #196 Posted: April 02, 2013, 09:30:55 pm

Offline broncos

• Addicted
  • broncos has no influence.
Why not just remake bf2  - another 5 yrs of gaming heaven.
Will have to get a comp .. Hey ya mcc / bell how's tricks ?

Reply #197 Posted: April 04, 2013, 08:50:13 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Bell;1522354
I give up, fuck games.

CD/DVD cut your wee wee buddy ... would hurt lvl50+

Reply #198 Posted: April 04, 2013, 09:14:13 am

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Quote from: Lias;1522230
Want BC3 or 2143 more than BF4 at this point
This + squad VOIP

Reply #199 Posted: April 07, 2013, 11:22:28 am