Topic: Confirming what we've known all along

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
The dumb will rapidly outnumber the smart.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10910740

Women lose a quarter of their maternal urges for every 15 extra IQ points they have, according to international research.

A[/URL]lso of interest:

Intelligent people according to Satoshi Kanazawa• Liberals
• Atheists
• Night owls
• Homosexuals
• Childless
• Classical music lovers

• Binge drinkers, smokers

Posted: August 10, 2013, 12:19:50 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
They always have.

Reply #1 Posted: August 10, 2013, 04:17:11 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #2 Posted: August 10, 2013, 06:27:36 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
I'd be cautious about placing much weight on Kanazawa's work without looking into it. Previously, his methodologies have been criticized.

Reply #3 Posted: August 11, 2013, 12:29:56 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Yeah. I'm no genius, and I'm pretty much all of those things on that list.

Reply #4 Posted: August 11, 2013, 10:59:53 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Reading that article certainly made me feel dumber.

Reply #5 Posted: August 11, 2013, 01:52:33 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tandoori;1529796
I'd be cautious about placing much weight on Kanazawa's work without looking into it. Previously, his methodologies have been criticized.

Plus his book isn't peer reviewed.

Reply #6 Posted: August 12, 2013, 10:47:13 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
More news just in: Looks like the world is going to be flooded with Studio Art, Anthropologists, and Art Historians

http://www.gnxp.com/blog/2007/04/intercourse-and-intelligence.php
Last December I passed a paper along to Razib showing that high-school age adolescents with higher IQs and extremely low IQs were less likely to have had first intercourse than those with average to below average intelligence. (i.e. for males with IQs under 70, 63.3% were still virgins, for those with IQs between 70-90 only 50.2% were virgin, 58.6% were virgins with IQs between 90-110, and 70.3% with IQs over 110 were virgins)

In fact, a more detailed study from 2000 is devoted strictly to this topic, and finds the same thing: Smart Teens Don't Have Sex (or Kiss Much Either).

Reply #7 Posted: February 01, 2015, 03:14:07 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
That a terrible graph.

Many of those subjects are directly related with each other.
Like Neuroscience and Biology, or Art History and History, yet have vastly differently percentages.

In short, it means absolutely nothing.

Reply #8 Posted: February 01, 2015, 03:40:08 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Last December I passed a paper along to Razib showing that high-school age adolescents with higher IQs and extremely low IQs were less likely to have had first intercourse than those with average to below average intelligence. (i.e. for males with IQs under 70, 63.3% were still virgins, for those with IQs between 70-90 only 50.2% were virgin, 58.6% were virgins with IQs between 90-110, and 70.3% with IQs over 110 were virgins)

The whole study is just plain weird.

Anyone with an IQ under 70 is likely to be in care, and not part of any ethical study into sexual mores.

Poor effort Tiwa..

Reply #9 Posted: February 01, 2015, 04:57:55 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Anyone with an IQ under 70 is likely to be in care, and not part of any ethical study into sexual mores.

Poor effort Tiwa..
Or they are sub-Saharan Africans
https://alfinnextlevel.wordpress.com/2013/09/12/everybody-talks-about-low-iq-in-africans-but-nobody-does-anything-about-it/

Poor effort Zarkov

Reply #10 Posted: February 01, 2015, 05:27:46 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Except IQ tests are shit.

Reply #11 Posted: February 01, 2015, 11:25:35 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

That a terrible graph.

Many of those subjects are directly related with each other.
Like Neuroscience and Biology, or Art History and History, yet have vastly differently percentages.

In short, it means absolutely nothing.
People with low intelligences will always be convinced with a picture

It is the lowest common denominator

And why Transformers 3 made more than $1,200,000,000

In short, it means absolutely everything

Reply #12 Posted: February 01, 2015, 11:36:32 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Except IQ tests are shit.

only people with Low IQ's say that  ;)

Reply #13 Posted: February 02, 2015, 08:55:51 am

An IQ test is like measuring the performance of an engine by how much oil it has.

Reply #14 Posted: February 02, 2015, 09:53:59 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
An IQ test is like measuring the performance of an engine by how much oil it has.

I disagree, a more apt description would be measuring engine performance by BHP alone, with no reference to Torque, capacity, Rev range etc.

Reply #15 Posted: February 03, 2015, 07:07:32 am

Yes, your analogy would be more accurate.

Reply #16 Posted: February 03, 2015, 08:10:27 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Yes, your analogy would be more accurate.

its cause I have a higher IQ.....

(OH! You see what I did there?)

Reply #17 Posted: February 03, 2015, 04:39:55 pm

No, I totally did not see what you did there.

Due to my lower IQ, I generally miss things that are obvious to the average person.

Reply #18 Posted: February 03, 2015, 05:24:54 pm

Every time someone posts in this thread, I think Berg has come back.

Reply #19 Posted: February 03, 2015, 05:25:30 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Because I have come back, silly Monkey.

Reply #20 Posted: February 04, 2015, 12:11:12 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
ERMAHGERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #21 Posted: February 04, 2015, 02:56:53 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
No, I totally did not see what you did there.

Due to my lower IQ, I generally miss things that are obvious to the average person.

It's okay, Primates are still only using simple tools - you will get there, in a few thousand years

Reply #22 Posted: February 04, 2015, 02:57:28 pm

Humans are primates, you simple tool.

Reply #23 Posted: February 04, 2015, 03:00:29 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Humans are primates, you simple tool.

Winner.

Reply #24 Posted: February 04, 2015, 04:10:05 pm