Topic: Japanese Earthquake! 8.9 - 24km* deep

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Wandarah;1374448
The levels of 'radioactive' Iodine really shouldn't be of concern to anyone, in Glasgow, or indeed, Japan. At the moment.

Nor should consuming any 'radioactive' Squid be of much concern. At the moment.

I would hope that consuming radioactive squid would turn me into a giant mutant squid.

Quote from: nick247;1375105
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10717902
stupid people are stupid

The nation that doesn't worry about the artillery aimed at them across the border but then freaks out over stupid things like fan death, radiation from Japan and mad cow

It's silly eh. People are always scared of things they don't understand.

Reply #300 Posted: April 12, 2011, 10:38:12 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
You don't scare me, Spacemonkey.

Reply #301 Posted: April 12, 2011, 08:39:46 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Another freaky video of the tsunami. I was literally yelling 'RUN' at the screen. Made me go cold.

Reply #302 Posted: April 14, 2011, 12:47:51 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Emrico1;1376315
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vZR0Rq1Rfw

Another freaky video of the tsunami. I was literally yelling 'RUN' at the screen. Made me go cold.
これはこれわ, ないていますぎるよ

Reply #303 Posted: April 14, 2011, 04:53:01 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
Were they trying to pull the suitcase up those stairs at the end?
The end of that vid is intense. did make me go cold

Reply #304 Posted: April 14, 2011, 06:36:41 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Nothing to see here, go about your business

Reply #305 Posted: April 28, 2011, 07:54:15 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I found a channel devoted to radiation and weather.

edit: Wrong video link!!
Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:07:38 pm by Tiwaking!

Reply #306 Posted: April 28, 2011, 10:06:15 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Greenpeace. Of course they've never had an alterior motive in their entire existence.

Reply #307 Posted: April 28, 2011, 11:28:16 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1379324
Nothing to see here, go about your business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMXvpWoHzeE

While most of that stuff is bang on you lose all credibility when you mention reptilians.

Reply #308 Posted: April 29, 2011, 06:44:12 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Emrico1;1376315
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vZR0Rq1Rfw

Wow.

Reply #309 Posted: May 01, 2011, 02:02:20 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Poor bastards....harrowing stuff.

Reply #310 Posted: August 10, 2011, 07:20:18 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
I've had boats that weren't as sea-worthy as that car, wipers still working and all.

Reply #311 Posted: August 10, 2011, 07:38:28 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
wtf happened at the end? :(

Reply #312 Posted: August 10, 2011, 07:46:36 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
He escaped from the vehicle seconds before it was crushed by other debris and sunk underwater.

Reply #313 Posted: August 10, 2011, 07:54:29 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Tiwaking!

I had no idea that the entire population of the Okuma evacuated
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_town
Some ghost towns, especially those that preserve period-specific architecture, have become tourist attractions. Some examples are Bannack, Montana; Calico, California; and Oatman, Arizona in the United States; Barkerville in Canada; Elizabeth Bay and Kolmanskop in Namibia; and Pripyat in Ukraine. Visiting, writing about, and photographing ghost towns is a minor industry. A recent modern day example is Ōkuma, Fukushima which was abandoned due to the 2011 Japan earthquake and tsunami incident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ōkuma,_Fukushima
Ōkuma (大熊町 Ōkuma-machi?) is a town located in Futaba District, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan.

In 2010, the town had a population of 11,515[1] and a population density of 146.31 persons per km˛. The total area is 78.70 km˛.

On 11 March 2011, the Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami occurred. The town incurred much damage from the disaster, most notably the tsunami hitting the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant and the subsequent nuclear disaster. As a result, Ōkuma is now a modern day ghost town.

Area
 • Total   78.70 km2 (30.39 sq mi)
Population (2011)
 • Total   0
 • Density   0.0/km2 (0.0/sq mi)

Reply #314 Posted: March 16, 2013, 04:50:19 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
It would be cool to visit, along with Pripyat, Ukraine.

Reply #315 Posted: March 16, 2013, 05:55:10 pm