Topic: Rasberry PI - Best invention since sliced bread.

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1492160
Raspberry vs Rasberry!

Either way: I claim this thread for a Raspberry Pi vs Cotton Candy showdown thread!

edit: Could I get a Merge to the Rasberry thread please?

MERGED....

Reply #50 Posted: July 07, 2012, 08:38:05 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: `Kayne;1493069
I'm curious about that. When it can just handle full detailed quake 3, would it be able to handle xbox games?

Pic related, Its a sexy beast.

Open it in a seperate tab / save it if you want to see it in all its glory.

Spoiler :

Probably wont handle xbox games.

to emulate another hardware platform take almost 5x the computational power of the platform you are emulating.. thus why even high end pc's still cant emulate ps3 well...

Reply #51 Posted: July 07, 2012, 08:39:37 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
with an ARM based processor you could probably get android up and running on it fairly easily..  DIY tablet ...

sweet

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/07/custom-80s_raspberry-pi-case/

registrations still being taken here
http://www.alliedelec.com/RaspberryPi/
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisplay.html?id=raspberrypi
Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:46:34 am by Xsannz

Reply #52 Posted: July 07, 2012, 08:43:44 am

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1492657
To Arduino, or to Raspberry Pi....that is the question....
Both

Reply #53 Posted: July 07, 2012, 09:52:32 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1493078
Both

student.

also need two 8" woofers and a few components for my loudspeaker project too

Reply #54 Posted: July 10, 2012, 05:30:25 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Pi (B) > Mega > Pi (A) > Uno

Reply #55 Posted: July 10, 2012, 05:38:26 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Got an email yesterday, Saying I could buy one.

I'll see you in 3 months, my sweet raspberry pi. :D

Reply #56 Posted: July 14, 2012, 01:21:26 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: `Kayne;1494018
Got an email yesterday, Saying I could buy one.

I'll see you in 3 months, my sweet raspberry pi. :D

Hopefully they'll still be up for grabs in a few weeks when I can muster together $63....

Reply #57 Posted: July 15, 2012, 03:16:42 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I heard this was for linux...HOLY BEJESUS.

Don't google, you'll ruin the surprise.

if you're on windows 7, Probably vista too, you'll need to go Control panel - > Programs and features - > "Turn windows features on or off" - > Make sure Telnet client is ticked.

for XP you'll be sweet,

Then go into Command prompt and type

"Telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl"

It's not the whole thing, probably less than 1/4? I'd guess. Still, awesome lol.

Sorry if thats extremely old lol, but I hadn't heard of it, in my many years of the internet.

I think i've been inspired to write a text adventure game now.

Reply #58 Posted: July 15, 2012, 07:44:13 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: `Kayne;1494155
I heard this was for linux...HOLY BEJESUS.

Don't google, you'll ruin the surprise.

if you're on windows 7, Probably vista too, you'll need to go Control panel - > Programs and features - > "Turn windows features on or off" - > Make sure Telnet client is ticked.

for XP you'll be sweet,

Then go into Command prompt and type

"Telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl"

It's not the whole thing, probably less than 1/4? I'd guess. Still, awesome lol.

Sorry if thats extremely old lol, but I hadn't heard of it, in my many years of the internet.

It is always interesting when:
Things
Repeat
Themselves

As for a text adventure game: You should always make the exits NORTH, SOUTH and DENNIS

Reply #59 Posted: July 15, 2012, 08:05:57 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Sorry guys :P

I knew something from 2006 was probably going to have been posted here already, and I suppose searching that command line would of confirmed that for me.

But i'm lazy.

Reply #60 Posted: July 15, 2012, 08:14:29 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
"Is that the telnet starwars?" he says, without looking or even properly reading the posts.

Reply #61 Posted: July 16, 2012, 12:02:11 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Ahahaha

Quote from: NZC_sCOPe;1068712
I haven't seen it all.

Quote from: d3visi0n;698389
I've been on the internet for many years now and only just come across this. Hope you enjoy it.

Quote from: `Kayne;1494155

I walk in other's foot steps :)

Reply #62 Posted: July 16, 2012, 12:08:09 am

Codex

Someone here just had theirs arrive, pretty sweet wee device, can't think of a use for it myself though lol. Perhaps linux and webcam for security monitoring?

Reply #63 Posted: July 27, 2012, 02:07:54 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

The much coveted, DEFCON 20 badge. Now with lights!
2 x PS2 plug, 1 x VGA, 1 x Mini USB, and other stuff that I'm not sure of.

Reply #64 Posted: July 27, 2012, 02:18:03 pm

Codex

Reply #65 Posted: July 27, 2012, 02:23:55 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Quote from: Codex;1496028
Someone here just had theirs arrive, pretty sweet wee device, can't think of a use for it myself though lol. Perhaps linux and webcam for security monitoring?

could you ask when they ordered and how many weeks till dispatch it said? Want to know when i'll be getting mine :@

Reply #66 Posted: July 27, 2012, 04:39:29 pm

Codex

Sure thing, will ask him on Monday :)

Reply #67 Posted: July 28, 2012, 12:53:33 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
I ordered 22nd may, and got it 23rd june.

Reply #68 Posted: July 28, 2012, 09:15:39 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
5 weeks is the info ive been given

Reply #69 Posted: July 28, 2012, 12:13:31 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
ordered it around 2 , maybe 3 weeks ago and at the time said 12 weeks dispatch.

What i'm really wanting to know is how long after that ;p

Reply #70 Posted: July 28, 2012, 12:26:46 pm

Codex

For every time you ask the same question it will be delayed by a week.

Reply #71 Posted: July 28, 2012, 01:01:27 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Had a go at running raspbmc (XMBC for pi) today. Seems like its runs alright when you are doing one thing. However if it tries to use its plugins in the background, you get a bit of stutter. Also couldn't seem to get my external HDD to run on it. Maybe it was because it wasn't getting enough power, or it could of been a format issue. Ended up wiping it to get OpenELEC which is a XMBC project which is meant to run a lot smoother on the pi. But that might have to be done on another day.

Reply #72 Posted: July 29, 2012, 07:26:25 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
What resolution?

Reply #73 Posted: July 30, 2012, 06:15:18 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline toofast

• Addicted
1920x1080. Read around a bit, and some of the video lag/stutter is caused by trying to run it at 60hz, which seems to be a bit too much for the pi. But it only allowed me to drop down to 50Hz at my res, rather than the 24hz some other people had said they got it running at. Probably should of played around a bit more on raspbmc, but got a bit annoyed, so thought i would load the OpenELEC.

Another thing to note, for anyone looking to use this as a HTPC, is it does not hardware decode MPEG-2 because of licencing issues.

Reply #74 Posted: July 30, 2012, 06:26:28 pm