Corsair Vengeance M65
Logitech g500s
Steelseries Kana

Posted: June 20, 2013, 03:39:34 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
How big are your hands?

I cant back the G500 enough. But I have large hands.

Reply #1 Posted: June 20, 2013, 03:41:01 pm

Offline Chromozone98

• I Posted!
  • Chromozone98 has no influence.
Small-average, im only 15 years old

Reply #2 Posted: June 20, 2013, 04:24:53 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Depends really on the shape you like. I have always used Logitechs as they fit well in my hand, go to a store and try a few, see how your hand naturally sits over each then make a decision.

In my bias option the G500s is the way to go.

Reply #3 Posted: June 20, 2013, 04:52:53 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Razer DeathAdder is best mouse.

Have had one, no own a Mamba. Nothing I've used has come close to it's comfortability and weight.

Reply #4 Posted: June 20, 2013, 04:56:56 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
G500

Reply #5 Posted: June 20, 2013, 05:06:10 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Been using Deathadder for about 8-9 years, love this mouse.

Best way to choose is to visit a store and try them out, see how they feel in your hand and how they respond

Reply #6 Posted: June 20, 2013, 05:06:52 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
G700

Reply #7 Posted: June 20, 2013, 05:25:47 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
wires are good, wireless are bad.

Reply #8 Posted: June 20, 2013, 05:36:57 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1527510
wires are good, wireless are bad.

That's not the case anymore. Wireless mice have caught up.

My wireless Mamba is amazing.

Reply #9 Posted: June 20, 2013, 05:44:23 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Yeah but batteries can fuckoff and die.
Personal preference more than anything.

JUST LIKE MICE. I prefer logitech (G500 here), but I'm a loyal customer and haven't tried much else.
I hear good things about the steelseries, but do not see point in 'upgrading' what works (and works well).

Some people get real hardcore and try several mice and 'upgrade' and shit and swap weights and all kinds of crap. I'm like "it points, it clicks, it doesn't stop unless there's a hair in the censor. It's good." (I still rock a single 8800GT, because it still works).

Additional conditions to me purchasing a mouse other than my current one not clicking/scrolling/pointing anymore:
  • Number & position of thumb buttons. Beware thout that any number over 2 is generally useless in game (sadly - it doesn't register as a keypress, it seems to be some kind of voodoo reliant on mouse software and programming through said software, which is a bit BS when it comes to direct input).
extras to consider:
  • DPI settings - I am not fussy, but it's kinda handy every now and then.
  • I've recently become a fan of free-scroll since G500. I regret nothing. Except to say that being able to go back to clackity scroll is important when gaming. Nothing worse than trying to shoot and finding yourself switching through all of your weapons 20 times before being able to do so.
  • if you are the hardcore elitist who reckons that a few grams in the arse of the mouse makes all the difference in the world (to be fair it does for about 2 hours until you get used to it), does the mouse come with changable weights
Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:07:47 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #10 Posted: June 20, 2013, 06:58:04 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: Speakman;1527508
Been using Deathadder for about 8-9 years, love this mouse.

^This. I have one, a few of my friends have it, and everyone loves it. Has a nice shape, and the side buttons are easy to use. And it runs nice and smooth (especially on a razer mousepad).

Reply #11 Posted: June 20, 2013, 08:05:13 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
G500 fanboi reporting in

Reply #12 Posted: June 20, 2013, 09:39:10 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: toofast;1527530
(especially on a razer mousepad).

Lol, mousepad. Welcome to 1992. GOSH.
Logitech G500 so pro it doesn't even need a mousepad!

:O

Reply #13 Posted: June 20, 2013, 11:50:12 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Mouse pads are actually beneficial.

Whilst you may not think you need one for traction and laser/optical tracking, you'll find the feet on most mice will scuff, gunk and wear down rather quickly when using a mouse on a bare surface.

Using a mouse pad prevents this.

Reply #14 Posted: June 20, 2013, 11:52:45 pm

Offline Pyromanik

I don't use mouse weights. I just wait for the feet to gunk up to the right level of friction.

Reply #15 Posted: June 20, 2013, 11:55:34 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
If you want to save a few bucks to go towards hardware, get a much cheaper g400. They pretty much match the old mx-518... Excellent for the cost.

Reply #16 Posted: June 21, 2013, 03:37:38 pm

Offline monpepe

• Devoted Member
  • monpepe has no influence.
I use a Steelseries Sensai.

A few of the other oga players use it for BF3. Not too bad.

Reply #17 Posted: June 21, 2013, 04:33:43 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Just get a G500 - it really is the best all round mouse

Reply #18 Posted: June 21, 2013, 04:33:55 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
+1 for Logitech.. I love my G9X

Reply #19 Posted: June 21, 2013, 07:19:39 pm